55

THREE YEARS LATER

LETHOKUHLE

The past years have been so great. My husband loves me so much, my kids are growing up very well and they are very spoilt too especially Swe.

Swe: "Mama, take me." she screams crying. I seriously don't need this child's drama. She keeps pulling my dress as I feed LJ. Swe is a very handful child out of all my kids honestly.

Me: "Wait baby, mommy will take you now now okay? play some games on my phone." she shakes her head and starts wailing out loud. I sigh and put LJ on the counter then pick the missy up. She keeps quiet immediately when she is in my arms. I wipe her face then kiss her before I put her next to her brother, who is so engrossed in his bowl of noodles, on top of the counter.

Me: "You want some food?" she nods looking at her brother's bowl. The boys and Melody are at aunt Thando's house. Lizwi is at work like always. I stopped working just a few months ago well not completely but I just go to work occasionally and it's mostly just because I want to check how things are going in my hospital. My hospital practice has been doing pretty well for a new practice and it officially started running two years ago. Lizwi has been really invested into property, well together with Lwande since they are best buddies now. Weird.

I haven't spoken to my father directly for the past two years after he came again trying to force me to get along with Ayanda. Ma'Fez left my dad again because that man went back to Ayanda, they stay together in dad's house. Don't ask me why Ayanda is suddenly not sick anymore.

Thoba: "Bitchhhhhh!" he screams walking in. I hand Swe her food then run into his arms. He is followed by the girls.

Pearl: "We missed you so much." she says squeezing me. Nqo is busy with the kids. Amahle just goes straight to my wine cellar, pulling a bottle of red wine.

Me: "And then?? What is wrong sis?"

Amahle: "Should there be something wrong?!" she asks with attitude.

Me: "Hhay phela I'm asking."

Amahle: "Mxm, ingoba ngihlale nginezinkinga neh?!."

Thoba: "Awuziphathe kahle Amahle." she rolls her eyes

Amahle: "Ay wena." she says rolling her eyes. I go to check on my two troublemakers but Nqo has already cleaned them and gave them snacks.

Me: "Aw thank you babe." She smiles waving me off with her hand. Nqobile always becomes my nanny whenever we have a girls day even when sometimes Lizwi offers to look after the kids. She is always glued to them and I completely understand. She recently found out that her fiance is infertile and i seriously think it's unfair considering how she loves kids but she told us that she loves her man enough to accept his infertility.

Nqo: "I'll join yall now friend, let me put them to sleep." I nod as she disappears with then to their room.

*******
It was now late and my girls were leaving. I really needed their company plus I missed them. It was totally fun having them over except for Amahle, she just kept throwing snide comments at me and played it as if she's drunk.

Thoba: "I will see you babe." we hug and I watch them walk to their cars and drive off. I go back inside the house and start with cooking. I'm making a simple meal, I'm very tired. When my macaroni cheese is ready, I go wake my babies up. I dish up for the three of us and we ate infront of the tv. I have to keep checking on Junior if he is feeding himself but the little guy resorted to just using his hands and I let him be.

After they done, I give them their cups of tea while I go prepare their bathing water.

Swe: "Mama!!!" she screams. Oh lord! I walk back to the lounge and find them wrestling for my phone.

Me: "Hey! Give me my phone! It's time for your baths." I take their hands and lead them to their room.

I was now done bathing the kids and putting them to sleep in my room. I was doing the dishes now, I really needed my bed now. I won't even bother calling Lizwi because that man has been distant for the longest time now and i'm fed up. I slightly scream jumping up when I feel hands on my waist.

Lizwi: "I'm sorry baby, it's just me." I just ignore him and continue with my dishes.

Lizwi: "Baby, i'm hungry." he is still holding my waist.

Me: "Go eat wherever you coming from, nx!"

Lizwi: "Hhaaa! nx? nx kumina Letho?!" I push his hands off me and walk to my bedroom. I make sure to lock him out.