13

[Chapter 13]

Lethokuhle Khumalo

I couldn't sleep, Lwande and his screaming girlfriend were really loud. My earpods weren't doing much so instead I started packing my bag, I wasn't about to stay here. I really didn't want to have to face Lwande all weekend so I drafted a short message to aunt Thando then got in bed. The lovebirds were finally quiet so I closed my eyes and slept.

Early in the morning, they woke me up again. I just decided to take a shower straight. I did that, got dressed comfortably since the weather was chilly then requested an uber to res. When it finally gets here, I send the message to aunt and quickly dash out passing Lwande and his girlfriend in the kitchen making breakfast.

Lwande: "Where are you going to?" i ignore him and walk until i reach the gate. I get in my uber and it drives off.

I thank and pay the driver when he parks at my res. I walk silently to my dome with a lot of thoughts going through my mind. I find Fathima and Lloyiso cuddling on the couches. I just greet them and continue to my room. I lock the door and throw myself in bed. I ignore the knocks that come through as Im crying. I decide to block Lwande's number and also on every social media platform.

Fathima: "Babe, please open this door."

Lloyiso: "Or I will break it!"

Fathima: "Just shut up Lloyiso!"

Lloyiso: "But baby.."

Fathima: "Shh.." they always bickering by the way and i know if i don't open they won't stop. I open the door and Fathima just pulls me to her and hugs me tightly without any words.

Lloyiso: "We here for you love okay?" he side hugs me and kisses my head.

Me: Thanks guys. I just want to sleep for now."

Lloyiso: "I'm going to get some junk for us at the mall with Sbu then we will all chill."

Fathima: "Yes! You awesome!"

*********
Later on, we were all just chilling in the lounge watching our favourite series with junk all around us. Sbu was cuddling me and the lovebirds were also cuddling on the side. The door opens, we all turn and Lwa walks in.

Lwande: "Sanibona." he greets, only Sbu answers.

Fathima: "You knock before you enter, have some manners please." she says with an annoyed expression. I hadn't told them anything about what had happened.

Lwande: "I apologise. Letho, can I please talk to you?" I nod and lead him to my room.

Me: "What?"

Lwande: "I deserve that. I'm sorry for acting like a jerk yesterday but i was just shocked and disappointed Letho. Pregnancy wasn't part of the plan you know? I am here to apologise for how i spoke and handled the situation yesterday. My parents raised me better than that. I am really sorry."

Me: "Sure."

Lwande: "So.. do you want to keep it?"

Me: "Of course what do you think?! I won't kill an innocent soul.."

Lwande: "We are still so young Lethokuhle. We have big dreams to achieve so why let that soul stop us from achieving them huh? How are you going to finish your degree with such baggage?"

Me: "That shouldn't worry you Lwande. I was a fool to let you manipulate me and use me for sex the first time but I won't let you manipulate me into killing my child. I don't need you anyway, it's not like you mature enough anyway so please stay away from me. Don't worry, you won't be seeing me in your home anymore."

Lwande: "Kodwa Letho..."

Me: "No Lwande! You don't get to tell me that shvt when you were the one always looking for sex kumina!"

Lwande: "I know but having a baby wasn't part of the plan."

Me: "Well it happened! You surely didn't think you shoot water instead of sperms right? Do you think i wanted a baby when I just started varsity?! ungangibhedeli mina!"

Lwande: "I hear you Letho, I really do. Bringing a baby will only disturb our lives so let's just get rid of it."

Me: "Get out Lwande!" he sighs and walks out. I stay in my room for a few minutes then go back to join my friends.

Lloyiso: "You good pumpkin?" I chuckle and nod.

Me: "Yeah i'm good."

Lloyiso: "My dad is bringing me somethings later on so since you here, please please come meet him." i sigh.

Me: "What's the deal with your dad anyway? why do you want me to meet him so bad?"

Lloyiso: "You'll see." then he focuses his attention back to the tv.

*******
Later on, Lloyiso's father arrived and Lloyiso dragged me with to meet him. As we got closer, I was actually spooked at how much this man looked like me or how much I looked like him. He also seemed to be very surprised. Lloyiso was all smiles as he kept looking from me to his father.

Lloyiso: "Listen pumpkin, I seriously didn't want to scare you or alarm you by telling you how much you look like my father so i thought it was better if you saw it yourself." I was seriously speechless.

His dad: "I am Skhumbuzo Mdlalose." he said giving me his hand for a handshake still looking confused.

Me: "I am Lethokuhle Khumalo." his eyes popped out.

His dad: "Can I please have the number of your guardian."

Me: "I stay with my grandparents. I will give their cell numbers to Lloyiso."

Skhumbuzo: "Please my child. I want to discuss Ayanda first then me and you can have our talk. Is that okay with you?" I smile and nod. He also smiles and just pulls me in for a tight hug, Lloyiso also throws his arms around us.

Skhumbuzo: "Wena stay out of our hug." he says as we finally break the hug. He takes out grocery bags from his trunk and hands them to Lloyiso then takes out his wallet and pulls out a few notes and hands them to me.

Skhumbuzo: "Please accept this and also understand that this isn't me trying to buy your love or anything but because it would've been wrong of me to turn back without giving you anything when i just handed this boy groceries in front of you." I thank him. We bid him farewell and watch him get in his car and drive off.