35

[Chapter 35]

NARRATED

[@LWANDE's HOUSE]

He walks in furious, he was angry at how his father spoke to him, he was angry imagining Letho and that man playing happy family with his kids. He walks up the stairs to his room. He frowns slowing down as he hears Pam's voice screaming and moaning. He clicks his tongue and pushes his bedroom door open, he stands for a few minutes watching the girl he loved being f*cked on their bed without a care. He thought maybe they'd stop as soon as he enters but rather they continued as if he wasn't there. They finally stopped and kissed before each other pulling away from each other.

Pam: "Babe, wanna join?" she asked seductively. The man got up looking at her then him.

Man: "This is the guy you in a relationship with?"

Pam: "Yeah." she answered biting her lip then slowly got up and walked to Lwande. Before he could think any further, he tripped her and pressed her down with his foot, strangling her. He could see her eyes rolling back and her breath cutting off then he let her go as she passed out. He slowly walked to the man on his bed and threw the first punch but the man was already armed as he shoved a knife in his stomach. He pulled it out as Lwande kept gasping for air then plunged it again only deeper this time. Lwande's eyes were popped out as he fell on the edge of the bed, his body rolled over hitting his head on the corner of the side table and tumbling down to the floor. He was bleeding from his stomach and the back of his head. The man just shook his head standing up and made a call while getting dressed.

Man: "I've hit a jackpot, drive to the location I will send to you shortly. We have to a fast job." he hung and started searching for any more valuable items around the room.

An hour later the man's companion parks his truck right by the gate. He walks inside after the gate was opened for him.

Pam: "How could you do this?!" she screamed crying punching the man's chest. The man was just quietly watching her throw a tantrum while smoking his cigarette. His friend walked in and started taking everything the man was pointing out for him.

Pam: "I never said kill him! You weren't supposed to kill him! I have a daughter with him that still needs him!" she shouts crying.

Man: *shrugging* "It is what it is." He follows his friend out but stops by the door and looks at Pam.

Man: "You are a very stupid girl." he shakes his head then continues walking.

*******
Meanwhile ....

@NSIZWA's HOUSE

Nsizwa: "I don't feel good yazi. It's like something bad is about to happen." he says while massaging his wife's feet.

Thando: "What do you mean?"

Nsizwa: "Please call Letho and ask her how are they?" Thando picks up her phone and dials Letho's number who answers after the first ring.

Letho: "Mah?"

Thando: "Were you expecting my call yini?" she asks jokingly, they both laugh.

Letho: "No, the phone was in my hand."

Thando: "Are y'all okay there? and are they not troubling you?"

Letho: "Lutho mah, we very much okay. We having a slumber party now."

Thando: "Woo, okay! Kiss them for me and goodnight."

Letho: "Okay, goodnight mama." she hangs up the call.

Thando: "They all okay baby."

Nsizwa: "Lend me your phone please." he dials Lwande since he's the only one not at home but his phone goes to voicemail. He gets up and goes to his closet and comes out dress then takes his car keys.

Thando: "Aybo baba kaLwande, uyaphi?" she asks standing putting on her robe.

Nsizwa: "I'm going to check on Lwande, asambe mnkami." she puts on her shoes and takes her husband's hand and they rush outside to the car.

Arriving in front of Lwande's gate, he parks the car right outside and they both rush inside. They walk into an empty house, there is no furniture in the lounge and no appliances in the kitchen.

Thando: "And what the hell happened la!?" They cautiously walk around the house. Nsizwa takes out a gun behind his back.

Thando: "You have a gun?!" she whispered angrily at him.

Nsizwa: "Shhh sthandwa sami." they walk up to the guest rooms searching then to Lwande's room. They knock lightly and open

Thando: "Where is this blood coming from?" she followed the trail of blood until she sees her son's body on the floor bleeding and his face looks pale. She screams so loud making Nsizwa run to her.

Nsizwa: "Baby?"

Thando: "Ingane yami Nsizwa!!?! My child!" she screams crying as she keeps shaking him.

Nsizwa: "Let's rush him to the hospital." Thando turns to him and looks him in the eye with her own teary eyes.

Thando: "He's not breathing." Nsizwa gently pushes her to the side and kneels next to his son. He checks his pulse and it is so faint it scares him. He gently picks him up

Nsizwa: "Follow me with a pillow baby." he walks out with his son in his arms and Thando follows. Just before they could reach the car, an ambulance stops in front of them with two police cars. The paramedics are fast to strap Lwande in a stroller and connect him to some breathing machines. They put him inside the ambulance, Thando also gets in and it drives off.

Paramedic 1 : "Code red! Code red!"

Paramedic 2 : "Pump him." They try several times but nothing. They look at each other shaking their heads.

Paramedic 1 : "Time of death. 23:35." Thando screams crying.

Thando: "Nooooo!" she wails so loud hugging her son's body. Just as they switch off the machines, the machine beeps.

Paramedic1: "We clear! He's picking up."