43

[Chapter 43]

Lethokuhle.

Lizwi: "I'm taking you to the doctor, ngeke phela." he said as I laid on the bed. I had a really bad fever, my throat was sore and on fire. I was just lazy too.

Me: "Baby, i'm okay. Please make me a hot cup of lemon water."

Lizwi: "this is your third cup this morning, maybe your aunt was right."

Me: "Aybo. I'm going to shower then we'll go to the doctor." he nods. We were back in his house now and I have been staying with him since. Sqalo is at his grandparents house with Fana which was a shock when Lizwi agreed.

When i'm done with my shower, I find an outfit laid on the bed for me. It is my black mini dress with a long grey trench coat. I smile and start lotioning my body then get dressed in my outfit. I wear my white takkies then tie my weave into a ponytail. I rush downstairs

Me: "Baby, i'm done." he smiles and kisses me.

Lizwi: "Here, I made you a fruit salad that you will eat on our way to the doctor."

Me: "Can't I eat here now?"

Lizwi: "No baby, I have already booked the appointment and we were lucky. The doctor will only be able to squeeze us in now." I huff grabbing the bowl from his hands and walk out with him following me.

Lizwi: "So now you mad at me baby?" I roll my eyes.

Me: "Let me eat in peace please."

Lizwi: "Okay I love you though." I smile and kiss his cheek. I sit comfortably in my seat enjoying my fruit salad.

****
Doctor: "Congratulations Mr and Mrs Majola, you are 15 weeks pregnant."

Me: "Excuse me what?!" Lizwi is smiling like an idiot next to me.

Lizwi: "Can we please do a scan?"

Me: "Is it even safe to do one now?"

Doctor: "No, so I suggest we do the scan in your next visit. Here is a prescription of pills you will need, just pass by the pharmacy opposite the reception desk and give them that prescription."

Lizwi: "Thank you so much." We walked out with his arm around my waist. We get my medication from the pharmacy then went to the car.

Me: "I'm hungry baby." I tell him as soon as he drives off from the hospital.

Lizwi: "Let's go fetch our kids then go out together."

Me: "okay." I sent aunt a text letting her know that i was on my way to fetch the kids.

Me: "Please stop by that lady." it was a lady selling vatkoeks near some old building that was being renovated by construction workers.

Lizwi: "You want the vatkoeks?"

Me: "Yes baby please. Buy four please." he nods grabbing a R100 note from the glovebox and goes to the lady. He comes back with my order

Lizwi: "I added two slices of polony baby."

Me: "Thank you love. These are six vatkoeks."

Lizwi: "The other two is mine." I nod already eating one.

******
Sqalo: "Thotho!!!" he runs to me and hugs my legs, the other two chipmunks are so engrossed on their cartoons, they don't even notice me.

Me: "Hey baby." I kiss him then kiss the other two, only then they notice me and hug me.

Melody: "I missed you so much Thotho."

Fana: "Me too. We having so much fun lana."

Sqalo: "Yes and we don't want to go back with you."

Me: "Aybo."

Melody: "I want to go with you." I pick her up.

Me: "Asambe baby. We going to the park."

Sqalo: "Thotho siyadlala."

Me: "Hhayi angithi you want to stay behind. I am only taking Melody with me."

Lwande: "What have they done now?!"  he asks laughing as he walks in the lounge.

Me: "The boys don't want to leave so i'm leaving with Melody manje they crying."

Lwande: "Maybe because I promised to take them to the stadium to watch soccer."

Me: "When?"

Lwande: "Saturday."

Me: "Then you can fetch them on Friday."

Lwande: "Y'all hear that boys? I will fetch you Friday for the game."

Fana: "Okay, promise baba?"

Lwande: "I promise." They both fist bump him and follow me out after bidding him goodbye.

*****
Sqalo: "Udlani Thotho?" he asks leaning on my arm as I eat my vatkoeks.

Me: "igwinya and I'm not giving you any."

Sqalo: "Uyancishana Thotho." he says frowning then walks off to watch tv. I laugh. I was seriously tired, Lizwi was on duty tonight of looking after the kids and entertaining them.

Melody: "Thotho, can I have some more food?" I pick her up and place her on the counter. I dish up for her then sit on the barstool. 

Me: "So how is school."

Melody: "Boring. Sqalo is always hitting my boy friend."

Me: "Hha why?"

Melody: "He says I must not kiss boys."

Me: "He's right." she pouts looking all cute.

Melody: "But he kisses my friends." I laugh.