38

[Chapter 38]

NARRATED

@THE MNIKATHI's

Bab'Mnikathi: "Why are we only finding out now about Lwande's shenanigans!?!" he asked his son angrily as soon as they walk in.

Nsizwa: "Baba, I had been planning on telling you soon." A hard slap lands on his cheek.

Bab'Mnikathi: "What kind of circus are you running here!?! Yini uhlulwa ukukhululisa lezingane ngendlela?! uSilondile yena wenzani egijima anamkhehla amadala! If I could, I would be slapping you too makoti" he roars.

Ndabe: "I will gladly do it." she lands a thunder slap on her daughter's cheek.

Seb: "We may have never been there but you were raised better Nicola!"

Thando: "But how could we have controlled them while they were out there?"

MaMnikathi: "Ey! idunku iyafakwa enganeni. Shaya ingane ize ibuyele emgqeni."

Bab'Mnikathi: "Makoti, who is Luzelwande's baby mama because we only know of that unruly white girl."

Thando: "ULetho baba."

MaMnikathi: "I told you kodwa Mnikathi."

Bab'Mnikathi: "Nsizwa why haven't you been to the Khumalo's to do oay respects for your son?"

Nsizwa: " I was still waiting for bab'Khumalo to let us know what we should do."

MaMnikathi: "Don't you know the right and traditional way to do it?!"

Nsizwa: "I do."

Ndabe: "Where is the child anyway?" Right then Londi walks in with Sqalo and Melody. She had taken them out for ice cream.

Sqalo: "Papas." he runs to Nsizwa but stops in the middle of the room when he notices the unfamiliar faces. He slowly walks to his grandfather who picks him up and puts him on his lap. He hides his face on his neck.

Thando: " This is Lwande's son, he's a few months older than Melody."

Ndabe: "He looks exactly like him."

MaMnikathi: "Kuyasho wayibalekela ingane." they giggle. Ndabe stands and takes Sqalo into her arms.

Ndabe: "Hey handsome." she greets him kissing his cheek. Sqalo blushes hiding his face with his hands.

Melody: "This is Gogozi and Pops." she tells her brother. Sqalo nods still looking shy. Thando introduces everyone to Sqalo.

Sqalo: "Brownie, ngicela ufonela uLetho." he says patting her knee.

Thando: "Okay, go take my phone."

*********
Mnqobi: "I managed to get through Lwande's security camera in his yard."

Seb: "And?"

Mnqobi: "It only shows his baby mama walking in with a strange man then an hour later he drives in. After a few minutes there's a scream. Another car parked outside his yard and the man kept going in and out of the house with his furniture. The strange man follows him after that and they drive off right as you guys drove in followed by the authorities."

Nsizwa: "I think, i want to handle this myself without any police snooping around."

Bab'Mnikathi: "And what happens when the police find their bodies and start running after you?!"

Nsizwa: "Who said their bodies were going to be found?!"

Seb: "That's dangerous. A lot could go wrong traditionally for you or your kids."

Bab'Mnikathi: "That's true."

Nsizwa: "Just let me deal with this alone." he says then walks out leaving the men looking at each other.

*****
@THE HOSPITAL

Nurse: "It's so good to see you awake."

Lwande: "Water?"

Nurse: "Here you go. I will get the doctor." she walks out just as Pam walks in his ward. Lwande is unaware of her presence as he has his eyes closed.

Pam: "Babe. I'm sorry." she whispers then puts her hands on his shoulder but he is quick to react. He twists her arm even though he is hurting himself.

Lwande: "What are you doing?!"

Nurse: "The doctor will be here short... what is happening here!?!"

Lwande: "She was trying to strangle me."

Pam: "I was not trying to strangle you man!" she says in pain.

Nurse: "Can you let her go, you hurting yourself and irritating your wound." He lets her go.

Nurse: "Please get out mam before I call security."