49

[Chapter 49]

LETHOKUHLE

It has been three months since I came back from the hospital. My baby girl is three months now and a handful. Lizwi's mother has been coming here frequently to help us with the baby which I truly appreciate.

I was coming from my hospital, well I had finally found a building to buy and so it was currently under renovations and repairing and it will be my hospital. I will be starting my internship soon and i'm not ready at all shame.

Lizwi: "You good baby?" I nod, he sighs and scoops me up. He walks to the lounge with me and sits on the couch making me straddle him. I lay my head on his chest.

Lizwi: "It's one of those days?" I nod.

Me: "I'm tired baby." he kisses my head.

Lizwi: "I know sthandwa sami. That's why i'm taking you out, mom offered to babysit."

Me: "Really?" he nods smiling. I don't wait for him, I just jump off him and go change to something casual. He walks in just as I fix my hair.

Lizwi: "You look so sexy baby. I love how this dress shows your beautiful caramel long legs." he says brushing my butt.

Me: "Thank you sthandwa sami." He takes my hand and leads me out to the car. The three rascals are at Lwande's house so i'm good.

Me: "Baby, you sure mah will be able to handle those two fussy girls?" Mahle has also become such a job and a half since she now runs around everywhere.

Lizwi: "She will baby. She's handled me and my sister, we only a year part so i'm sure she will cope." he says chuckling.

Me: "Yoh! She is boss!" we both laugh.

Lizwi: "Don't say that cause you also might be carrying another brat in there." I stop laughing immediately.

Me: "Don't say that!" he laughs.

Lizwi: "Ngiyadlala baby, you should have seen your face."

Me: "Mcm." Lizwi couldn't even wait for me to heal after I got back from the hospital. Two weeks after I was discharged, he was already bumping me with walls, turning me in all directions. Gogo sure did scold us for not waiting, apparently she knew by looking at the baby. She said the baby lost a bit of weight and it's was because 'siyeqile' which I seriously don't understand till today.

****
We were now driving back home, I felt so refreshed and good. My baby took me to a spa where I was pampered then took me to the salon and finally went to do some shopping for me.

Me: "I know for sure your child isn't asleep." I say rolling my eyes, he chuckles.

Lizwi: "so what? If she isn't that'll mean she missed her daddy." I laugh this time until he joins me because he knows he's lying to himself. Swe is a mommy's girl all the way. He parks the car in the garage and we walk inside the house. We find his mom in the lounge with dad and that weird lady from my graduation.

Me: "Sanibona." I greet taking Mahle into my arms since Lizwi is already hogging his daughter.

KaMajola: "You are now okay?" I smile nodding, she smiles patting my shoulder then walks out.

Me: "Baba, I didn't see your car outside."

Dad: "I came to see you, do you remember Ayanda Muthombeni?" I nod frowning.

Me: "Yes, I recognise her." He clears his throat looking everywhere except me. I already know who this woman is, Gogo spoke to me and clarified everything for me.

Dad: "She is your mother?"

Me: "Angizwanga?" I put Mahle on the floor and she crawls to Lizwi.

Dad: "This is Ayanda, your mother Lethokuhle. She has been asking me for months to help her reunite her with you."

Me: "Reunite? I don't know her to be 'reunited' with her. You know her and I don't so please do not involve me in your reunion or whatever you call it. Keep me out of whatever has this woman involved, I'm not interested."

Dad: "Lethokuhle, she is your mother."

Me: "You? You telling me that?! I want the both of you out of my house."

Dad: "That's disrespectful."

Me: "And just so you know weAyanda, the only mother I have? is MaKhumalo. You are nothing to me and may it please stay like that."

Dad: "She's sick man Letho! She might even die tomorrow."

Me: "Then I hope she rests in peace and baba, if you keep shoving this woman down my throat, I won't have a father too." I walk to Lizwi and take my daughter.

Lizwi: "Baba, I'm sorry but please leave my house. You are upsetting my wife and I don't like that one bit." I walk away to my bedroom.