48

[Chapter 48]

LETHOKUHLE

I was in serious pain, it was now midnight and I have been in labor since midday. Lizwi was really getting on my nerves right now, telling me to breathe.

Me: "Leave me alone man Lizwi, this is all your fault!" I cried as pain shot straight to my back.

KaMajola: "Lizwilenkosi, get out." she shouted at him.

Me: "No mah, I don't want him to leave."

Lizwi: "I'm sorry sthandwa sami." he looked troubled himself but i didn't care, this was his child.

Me: "Kubuhlungu baby."

Lizwi: "Do you want me to hold you?" I nodded crying.

Me: "I want to take off my gown too." he nodded and helped me take off the damn itchy hospital gown. He quietly cuddled my naked body and kept brushing my stomach. Whenever the pain would come shooting, I bit his arm. He had to bare with it shame.

***
Doctor: "In a count of three, I want you to push." I nodded crying.

Doc: "1! 2! 3! Push!" I cried pushing with all my strength. I seriously could feel my soul leaving my body.

Me: "I'm tired." I sobbed.

Doc: "Just 2 more pushes mommy."  I pushed the second time until I let out a fart, I just cried when I saw Lizwi chuckling.

Doc: "Don't be embarrassed, it's normal. Now, last push." I pushed and I felt her slip out of my vagina. This sh!t is painful, see me getting pregnant again shame!

Lizwi: "Baby, thank you."

****
I woke up later on to my ward full, everyone was here including aunt Thando and uncle Nsizwa. Lizwi was standing next to me holding my hand.

Aunt: "Oh mommy you awake! Congratulations my love." she hugged me.

Me: "Thank you mah." I looked around the room.

Gogo: "What is it?" she asked smirking.

Me: "Can I see my baby please?" they chuckled and Amahle came from behind them carrying her, she carefully placed her in my arms. I gasped amazed by her beauty.

Lizwi: "Isthombe sakho." I chuckle with tears pouring.

Me: "Yes. Have you thought of a name?"

Lizwi: "Swelihle Thandolwethu Majola." I smiled as he kissed my head and placed his finger on our daughter's hand, she grasped it tightly sucking nothing.

Gogo: "Feed the child Thotho."

*******
Sqalo: "Thotho!" he said running inside my ward followed by the other two and Lizwi.

Me: "Hi my lovies." I couldn't hug them since I was breastfeeding.

Fana: "Is that our baby?"

Lizwi: "Yes, this is your baby sister."

Melody: "So I will play with her now? Yes!" I laugh. She is always complaining about having to play with boys now so she often prefers sitting with me or I play with her.

Sqalo: "Hha Thotho uthenge enye ingane?!" he asks frowning while peeking in the blanket trying to see her face. I finish feeding then give Lizwi his daughter so they can properly see the baby.

Lizwi: "Eat baby." he says pointing at the brown paperbag on my side table.

Fana: "ubani igama lakhe mama?"

Me: "uSwelihle."