03

FEW WEEKS LATER

[chapter 3]

Lethokuhle's pov

I had finally got my acceptance letter from Wits, I did everything needed and was now waiting for the registration period. My grandparents let me drive back to Joburg with Nqo and her family and stay with them. I was to stay with them until I am registered and have found residence on campus. I really got bored at times here since Nqobile had already left for Harvard. We talk every night by text and sometimes through WhatsApp video calls.

I was currently lying in bed when a knock came through, I sat up and allowed the person entrance. Uncle Nsizwa peeps his head in and smiles at me, this man is very scary

Me: "Uncle.."

Uncle Nsizwa: "We going to the mall baby girl, don't you want to catch some air and come with us?!"

Me: "Nope! Thank you."

Uncle Nsizwa: "You sure?" I nod smiling.

Me: "Yes uncle."

Uncle Nsizwa: "Okay, what do you want us to get for you?"

Me: "Just some snacks and airtime." I grin, and he chuckles nodding.

Uncle Nsizwa: "Okay then see you later." He closes the door behind him. After a few minutes, another knock erupts,

Me: "Come in!" Lwande walks in smiling

Lwande: "Hey you!"

Me: "Hey you!" I blush, he chuckles and enters the room

Lwande: "Can I?" he asks pointing at my bed

Me: "Sure, sure." he sits and just stares at me.

Lwande: "You ready for tertiary?!"

Me: "I don't know hey."

Lwande: "Well you can't not know now, you literally have just a week before you can start your new journey." he side smiles

Me: "Yeahhhh!! I'm a bit scared and not so sure. Plus it'll be a bit lonely too, my best friend is miles away and my grandparents are also miles away.." I shrug.

Lwande: "Argh! You have mom and dad on this side." he says

Me: "Yeah.."

Lwande: "I also usually come this side most weekends so you also have me." I blush again.

Me: "I guess I'm being a baby huh?!"

Lwande: "No, it's how you feel and it's understandable."

Me: "Yeah." He hits my legs softly

Lwande: "Get up, we taking a walk. You can't keep hiding yourself in here!" I get up and wear my sleeper shoes. He grabs my hand, opens the door, and lets me walk out first before he follows me.

Lwande: "What do you want to have for lunch?" he asks as he leads me out to the car.

Me: "I don't know.."

Lwande: "We stealing mom's car by the way." he says so coolly as he drives out the yard and takes off.

Me: "Won't she freak out?"

Lwande: "Nah. How about some burgers and chicken wings?"

Me: "That sounds good too." He nods.

_________

We were now sitting in the car while feeding ducks in the park while they swam around the dam. We were both leaning against the car

Me: "How is Cape Town?"

Lwande: "It's cool, I have gotten used to it now. I also have friends that side too, it's cool."

Me: "That's nice. Your course?"

Lwande: "Biological science is sh*t bruh!!! That thing is so damn hard."

Me: "It does sound hectic." he chuckles.

Lwande: "I failed three modules and my parents don't know as yet. They will kill me once they get the email."

Me: "That's bad. Why didn't you at least get a tutor or something."

Lwande: "I don't know really, I don't." We continue making conversation until the sun starts to set and he drives us back to his home. We get there luckily before his parents.

Me: "Let's cook!" he looks at me with a raised eyebrow

Lwande: "Girl! Mom will cook when she gets back."

Me: "Come on, just this once!" he groans

Lwande: "Fine! What are we making?!"

Me: "Something very simple! Uphuthu, cabbage, and fried chicken."

Lwande: "Okay fine!! Luckily there's cabbage in the fridge!" He takes it out.

Me: "I will chop that, you chop all the other veggies." he huffs and gets on with it.

****
His parents walk in when the food is almost ready. Uncle Nsizwa is carrying Londi and the other two follow behind him with shopping bags.

Lwande: "Where's momma?"

Uncle Nsizwa: "She's outside. It smells great in here." he says putting Londi down.

Lwande: "Yeah we cooked!" he says excitedly.

Aunt Thando: "Something smells so great in here!" she says walking in.

Londi: "Bhuti says they cooked." she says laughing.

Aunt T: "What did you make Letho? I know this one can't even peel a potato!" everyone laughs at that.

Me: "Uphuthu, cabbage and fried chicken."

Uncle Nsizwa: "Ouh, I haven't had that in so long!"