42

[Chapter 42]

TWO WEEKS LATER.

Lethokuhle.

Makhulu: "Letho, serve your in laws." I nod taking the tray to the lounge. By the way, my man isn't here because he isn't allowed to be present in his own negotiations. I miss him so much. By the way today was the final part of the negotiations.

Uncle 1: "awu usebenzile umfana wethu, ingoduso enhle kanje!" I smile and kneel serving them their food.

Uncle2 : "Here makoti, this is our gift to you." I smile accepting the basket of goodies. I need to hide it before Sqalo sees it. I go back to the kitchen and get my own plate of food but Amahle snatches the plate from my hand.

Me: "Dude!"

Amahle: "Don't you know that you can never eat food prepared for abakhongi?!"

Me: "What? why?"

Amahle: "I'll get you something else." I walk to my room where I find Lizwi's mom who I don't know when she got here.

Me: "Sawubona mah." she smiles handing me a brown food paper bag.

KaMajola: "Eat fast baby so I can dress you up." I thank her and take a sit on my bed and start eating.

Me: "Where's Mahle mah?" Mahle is Lizwi's niece, the baby girl his mother visited with that time.

KaMajola: "I left her with Lizwi."

Me: "Okay."

KaMajola: "How are you feeling?"

Me: "Very happy mah."

KaMajola: "Good, we don't want you changing your mind about agreeing to this marriage. I hope Lizwi has spoken to you about his intentions with Sqalo?"

Me: "Not really, he only asked to speak with his father."

KaMajola: "mmhm then let him speak to him first before he talks to you, okay?" I nod putting aside the food I left.

Me: "Yebo mah." She starts dressing me up.

KaMajola: "I have noticed how much of a stylish person you are, I want you to know that marriage has nothing to do with your sense of style but rather how you carry yourself as umfazi and how you carry your household. You don't ever bring friends into your marriage issues or marital home especially unmarried ones. If it happens you having problems with your husband, sit him down and talk to him and if it seems bigger and the two of you can't solve it alone, get a marriage counsellor. Never involve elders because elders will only make decisions for you and I guarantee you that those decisions often favor the man. As you marry my son today, you are officially becoming my daughter which means I can never exclude you in anything concerning this family. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you." she finally ties my headwrap in a stylish way.

Me: "Thank you mah."

KaMajola: "Wear flat shoes." I nod and wear my white takkies. There is now singing from outside my bedroom door.

KaMajola: "Asambe makoti wakwami." she takes my hand and we walk out joining the singing ladies as they lead me outside.

KaMajola: "I'm leaving, I will see you at home." I nod hugging her. She disappears in the crowd as my group continues singing leading me to the car. There are taxis parked outside the gate and they packed with people, Amahle and I were going to ride with my grandparents. Lizwi's home is in Richards Bay so it really wasn't going to take that much time to get there.

Gogo: "I'm so proud of you babygirl." she said pulling me to her.

Me: "Thank you mah." I pull the container of scones in Gogo's bag and start eating them. She shakes her head and hands me a bottle of juice.

Me: "Thank you mama."

Amahle: "Aybo sis, share phela." She says looking back at me since she's sitting in the front. Gogo takes out another container and hands it to her.

Gogo: "I knew she wouldn't share." I roll my eyes as they laugh.

Mkhulu: "Aw mina sthandwa sami?" he asks looking at gogo through the rear view mirror.

Gogo: "You driving nje mntungwa."

*****
The exchange of gifts was a success and I'm now busy serving my in laws. My feet are really aching and I'm so hungry. I managed to slip away from the ordering aunts and went to the room they said to be Lizwi's. I find Mahle sitting on the bed with her eyes roaming around, she looks like she just woke up from her nap.

Mahle: "mama!" she cooes as soon as her eyes meet mine. I smile walking to the bed.

Me: "Hi baby." she smiles showing her eight teeth.

Mahle: "Ncence." I look around the room for her bag but it isn't here. The door opens and Lizwi walks in, the baby starts bouncing up and down on me with her arms stretched wide.

Lizwi: "Mnkami." I blush as he plants a soft kiss on my lips.

Me: "I missed you so much baby."

Lizwi: "Me too muntu wami. Let me go give mom the baby then come back." I nod. He kisses my forehead and walks out with the baby. He comes back shortly with a plate of food and a glass of cold drink. He sits next to me and starts feeding me.

Me: "I am so exhausted." I say laying my head on his shoulder. He kisses my head and continues feeding me.

Lizwi: "After this, we will take a bath and sleep." I nod. After I finish the food, he prepares a bath for the both of us.

Lizwi: "Look how swollen your feet are." Yeah, I must say that they are.

Me: "they look like balloons." he laughs.

Lizwi: "Even your ankles."

Me: "I haven't seen any of my boys today." he chuckles.

Lizwi: "I left them outside eating meat with the men." I shake my head. We get out of the tub and go back to his room and get dressed after cleaning the bathroom. I can't wait for his room to be finished outside, I can't even initiate some s*x with my man because I'm afraid they will hear me.