44

[Chapter 44]

FEW MONTHS LATER

NARRATED

@THE MNIKATHI's

Thando: "What is happening with you?" she asked Londi.

Londi: "What did I do now mom?!"

Thando: "Angilwi, I am simply asking ukuthi what is wrong with you? You barely leave this room or this house unless you go to school."

Londi: "Is that not what you and your husband wanted? manje yini inkinga?"

Thando: "Ngizosakaza ngempama phela mina muzongijwayela kabi."

Londi: "Mom, you and dad said I should stay indoors remember? so that I can remember my morals and leave my love grandpas so i'm doing exactly that!"

Thando: "Come down for lunch, don't annoy me." she walks out. Londi shortly follows her mother downstairs and sits quietly on the table.

Nqo: "We have visitors, well they want to see you dad." she says after answering the gate.

Nsizwa: "Who is it?"

Nqo: "It's some man called Sambulo."

Nsizwa: "Let them in." He walks to the front door so he can welcome the guests. He invites them in but stops as soon as he notices Sakhile.

Nsizwa: "Wenanja ufunani la!?!" he roars.

Sakhile: "I'm here regarding the mother of my child, why.."

Nsizwa: "Mother of your child?! Ungazonya la wena!" he says grabbing him by his collar.

Sakhile: "Yes, these are my brothers. I impregnated Londi, we were actually here to report and pay respects."

Nsizwa: "ULondi?! What the hell are you doing with a 17 year old?!"

Sakhile: "We love each other."Nsizwa just punches him hard sending him reeling backwards as he hits the wall. He holds him by his shirt and keeps punching him. The other two men were just watching,

Thando: "NSIZWA! STOP WHAT YOU DOING!?!" she screamed.

Thando: "Get him off of him, he will kill him."

Sambulo: "I don't care if he does, lo usitshela ngomawengane kanti usho ingane ek'hlaza cwee?!" Nsizwa finally gets off and stands watching him struggle to move on the floor.

Thando: "Can you please leave my house?" she says to the guests. Nsizwa just sits on the couch burying his head in his hands.

Londi: "I am sorry."

Thando: "Ey awuthule! A man that is the same age as your father ntombazane?! What the hell were you thinking?!"

Londi: "mah.."

Thando: "Fokof man! I'm reporting that man for statutory rape! That's final!"

Londi: "Kodwa mama, I don't want any troubles."

Thando: "You should have thought of that the time you opened your legs for a man old enough to be your father!"

Nqo: "But mah, that's a bit irrational. NoLondi is to blame here because she wasn't forced by that man but she willingly allowed him to sleep with her."

Thando: "Nsizwa, what do you think?" Nsizwa just clicks his tongue and walks off. 

Londi: "He hates me." Thando also leaves the room following her husband.

********
[@LWANDE's HOUSE]

Lwande: "Babe, come on."

Portia: "No, Lwande."

Lwande: "Please? I just want you to know my parents and for them to know you as their daughter inlaw and not as my nurse."

Portia: "But i'm scared."

Lwande: "Our age gap isn't even that much. I'm only like 8 years older but you act like i'm your father's age." she giggles sitting on his lap.

Portia: "I'm sorry baby but i just get so nervous."

Lwande: "Why? i'm cute nje." she giggles wrapping her arms around his neck.

Portia: "Fine, I will meet your parents but it has to be next week after Letho's wedding." he rolls his eyes.

Lwande: "Fine!"

Portia: "So I will see you later."

Lwande: "Uyaphi futhi manje?"

Portia: "I'm having lunch with Letho." he rolls his eyes.

Lwande: "You are now best friends with her?! I thought you said she doesn't like you."

Portia: "Well I was wrong, it was her hormones that day according to her and I believe her. She is a good person." she smiles kissing his lips then walks out.