54

LETHOKUHLE

I wake up to voices talking outside the door.

"bhuti come on, she's sleeping."

Lizwi: "Woza!"  I hear the door open then he shakes me softly.

Lizwi: "Baby?" I open my one eye and look at him. He smiles then pecks my eyes.

Me: "Mmh?"

Lizwi: "Wake up sthandwa sami. I want you to meet someone." I groan irritatedly, he chuckles. I sit up and stare at him.

Lizwi: "Baby." he kisses my lips then nose.

Me: "I haven't even washed my face yet."

Lizwi: "Don't worry about that baby." he wipes my eyes and opens the door. He peeks then comes in with a very beautiful lady behind him. She is actually a photocopy of KaMajola and Mahle.

Lady: "Sawubona sis." I smile.

Me: "Yebo sawubona."

Lizwi: "So baby, this is Lindelihle my sister and liliza this is my woman." she moves towards the bed and engulfs me in a hug.

Lihle: "I'm happy to finally meet you. I am sorry for missing your wedding."

Me: "It's okay sis." I give her a smile.

Lihle: "Mama made breakfast so come eat. I'm sorry we woke you up, I even disrespected your bedroom, i'm sorry. This knucklehead couldn't wait." I laugh with her as Lizwi frowns.

Lizwi: "I'm still your older brother wena." he pokes her. She walks out leaving a grinning Lizwi with me.

Me: "She's so beautiful and Mahle sure took after her mother." he chuckles sitting on the bed then pulls me to him. He starts brushing my stomach.

Lizwi: "I know right?! I'm sorry I woke you up baby, I was just so excited." I kiss him.

Me: "It's okay baby. Let's go take a shower." We both get up and make the bed together before taking our shower.

*******
Me: "Good morning mah."

KaMajola: "Hey baby. I was about to send Sqalo with your food. I thought you would sleep in since these idiots woke you up." I chuckle. 

Me: "It's okay mah plus I missed my kids." I say taking my baby girl from her rocking chair and kiss her before handing her to her grandmother. I take Mahle who has her arms up for me to carry her. The kids all slept with Lizwi's mom in the main house.

KaMajola: "Ay uMahle is always acting like a baby manje."

Lihle: "You have beautiful kids sis, cha umuzamile ubhuti wami shame." We laugh.

Lizwi: "Uzokhala Liliza yezwa?!" she sticks her tongue out at her brother making the kids giggle.

Lihle: "Anyways, I really don't want to see those people shame!"

KaMajola: "I told you we can cancel this party."

Lizwi: "Yes or we can tell those people that it's cancelled and we have our own celebration."

Woman: "I hope when you say those people' awusho thina." she says walking in.  I remember seeing her at our wedding looking sour, I guess she's sour too. She is followed by two ladies and a bunch of kids.

KaMajola: "Y'all just barge in my house nje?! Anifundisekile man nx!"

Woman: "Kahle wena mbhidlizi. weMakoti wahlala singena?! Make us tea and something to eat phela!"

Lizwi: "Baby, finish your food " he says taking his daughter from his mom.

Woman: "You very disrespectful wena Lizwi, nxa!"

Lizwi: "I will not tolerate you bullying my wife in my parents house. Maybe if she was back in your home, eMandeni, i'd keep quiet but la? Forget it!" he clicks his tongue.

Woman: "Bring her eMandeni phela so she can be acknowledged by the ancestors too!"

Lizwi: "What? so you can kill her?mxm" he walks out followed by the boys. 

Woman: "Nomusa, teach your kids manners!"

KaMajola: "I think you should leave my house. Sengakhathala uwena nalemidlwebe yezingane zakho! Get the hell out of my house!"

Woman: "This is my husband's house so ngeke ungtshele!"

Lihle: "Do you have proof of what you saying?! If you have the title deed then please by all means stay!"

Woman: "Vele angindawo. Akukho maTitle deed okunuka azovimba ngihlale emzini wom'myeni wami." she sits on the couch while the two ladies are rummaging through the cupboards making food, I guess for their kids.

**********
Me: "Why do they bully your mom like that?" I'm sitting on his lap. I found him in our bedroom with his kids all sleeping on our bed while he sat on the couch watching them.

Lizwi: "Ey baby. Those people have been bullying her for years, it has gotten out of hand and it's not easy telling them off."

Me: "That's absurd! Babe, you have the means to stop all this. You can even get your police friend to scare them." he sighs squeezing my waist lightly.

Lizwi: "I just sometimes feel guilty about how dad left them nothing at all and left everything to my mother and us, her kids."

Me: "Okay I understand but you have to put your foot down and make them behave themselves!"

Lizwi: "Okay thank you baby."

Me: "Anyways, how rich are you?! I'm always getting bits and pieces of what you do." he chuckles.

Lizwi: "Just a few businesses, including taxis."

Me: "How many taxis babazi." I kiss his lips making him laugh. I'm trying to soften him up hawu !

Lizwi: "Maybe 40." my jaw drops.

Lizwi: "What?!"

Me: "Hhaa baby!! Why didn't you move your mother to another place?like buy her a house..."

Lizwi: "She doesn't want to leave her husband's house so I just renovated and added a few rooms."

Me: "Mmhm. Let's go cook." he gives me a look but I smile innocently at him.

Lizwi: "Asambe bambo lami." he kisses my lips. We walk to the main house and the house is filthy, the guests are just sitting there with papers all around them and dirty dishes. I'm shocked, in such a small space of time the house is looking like this?! hhay.

Lizwi: "Aybo.." he says also shocked then marches to the kitchen. I hear cupboards opening and closing then he clicks his tongue. His heavy footsteps are very loud making everyone uncomfortable, I know he is angry.

Lizwi: "Mamkhulu!! How the f#ck do you finish all the groceries in just a few hours?! These idiots of yours also ate my kids food!?!" he shouts.

Mamkhulu: "Ukhulumela ukudla!?! aw kahle wena angithi wena udla amafa kaMajola!?!"

Lizwi: "i'm really fed up with you people! If you not out of this house in the next hour, i'm bringing the police to escort you out!" The girls run upstairs.

Lihle: "They didn't eat all the food bhuti, they packed it in their bags."

Lizwi: "This is not a supermarket nina!! Y'all busy sleeping around, making babies y'all can't even afford then come to steal from me?! FUTSEK! OUT OF HERE NINA MIDLWEMBE!" yoh!