56

LETHOKUHLE

I woke up early the next morning, took a shower and got ready for my day ahead. I was planning on going out and I will also pass by my sister's place. After I was dressed and ready, I went to check on my babies. I gave them baths then made them porridge, then fed them. Lizwi walks in as I clean their faces.

Lizwi: "Good morning baby." I ignore him and put these two down so they can go watch their cartoons. I grab a fruit and my car keys then walked out. He will watch his kids today, I'm tired.

I got to Amahle's place, parked my car on the driveway then went inside. I knocked, Thoba opened for me.

Thoba: "Hey girl."

Me: "Hey babe. I'm here to see my sister nje." I walk to the lounge, I find her relaxing on her couch.

Me: "Hey sissy."

Amahle: "Mmh? What do you want?!"

Me: "Hawu Amahle?! Do I need a reason to check on my sister?!"

Amahle: "Ngeke ngazi phela since you act all better than us forgetting that we were helping you while you were down." I frown confused and glance at Thoba.

Me: "Ngenzeni?!"

Amahle: "Yazi you irritate me wena! Ever since you got married to that man, usibukela phansi thina. You don't see us, you even disowned your own father who raised your son and provided for you." I chuckle.

Me: "Aybo." I say in shock, no i'm seriously shocked.

Amahle: "We all looked after your son but manje, you rich and you have forgotten all of that. You have forgotten that we were providing for you and your son Lethokuhle. I hate unappreciative people, people like you Letho."

Me: "Amahle, I'm sorry if ever I made you feel like you are nothing to me, or that i looked down on you..."

Thoba: "Hhayi Futsek! Uyadakwa lo! You are a very great person wena friend, don't listen to this bitter b8tch!" he says sitting next to me and holds my hand. He then turns to Amahle.

Thoba: "Wena! Fokof with your black heart egcwele ubuthakathi nxx!" he grabs my hand and we walk towards the door.

Amahle: "Hambani vele! Wena Letho, I hope you won't come back crawling to us when that marriage-nyana yakho falls apart. Nx!" she then bangs the door after us. I look at Thoba shocked.

Thoba: "Don't mind her." we both get in my car and drive off to the mall.

**********
When I get home later on, I find my husband watching tv. I just walk on to my bedroom to leave my shopping bags then change my shoes. I go back downstairs to get started on dinner. My mood has been really off since Amahle's last words.

Lizwi: "Are you okay?" I nod aimlessly.

Lizwi: "Don't cook sthandwa sami, we'll order in."  I put everything back in their places. I grab a packet of chips then go to bed. I curl myself on the bed with my laptop infront of me. I feel him wrap his arms around me, he kisses my head holding me tighter.

Me: "I really won't stand being your roommate instead of your wife. If work or whatever keeps you so occupied out there is more important than us, your family, then by all means leave my house."

Lizwi: "I'm sorry."

Me: "You just saying that Lizwi. I'm serious, if you keep being so busy then you might as well move to work or with whoever keeps you away from me and our kids."

Lizwi: "Yebo, ngiyaxolisa ngempela."

Me: "You missed the boys sport events on Wednesday."

Lizwi: "Sh$t!"

Me: "What happened to communicating Lizwilenkosi?! huh?"