73

LETHOKUHLE

I only had that tea when the guests had all left plus the kids were all not here so we had the freedom. The following morning, I couldn't even wake up. Aunt Thando was right when she said I wouldn't be able to walk. Lizwi literally locked us in this bedroom the whole day, he really gave it to me.

Anyway, I was feeling much better now, we were having our friends over for some braai. I asked Nqo to bring me some stametta, but for now, I only drank emergency pills.

Lizwi: "Sthandwa sami." he says wrapping his arms around me. He kisses my cheeks and helps me with chopping.

Me: "Hey baby."

Lizwi: "I missed you." he says softly kissing my neck. I had gone out earlier to have breakfast with Michelle and Makhulu before they left.

The door opens and our guests walk in.

Nqo: "Mrs Majola." she says grinning, I blush.

Me: "Hey love." I move away from my husband and give my girls hugs. This time even Nqobile's fiance joined us, this man is always too busy to join us.

Lizwi: "It's good to finally have you with Nondaba." he said giving him a handshake.

Nondaba: "Kubonge mina Macingwane."

The men eventually leave the kitchen and we stay back cooking.

Nqo: "Here, before I forget." she says handing me my parcel, I will only drink this midnight so I quickly hide it in the cupboards.

Me: "You are a lifesaver."

Portia: "And then?!"

Me: "I'm not trying to get pregnant sis." they laugh.

Nqo: "Why?! Kids are a blessing hawu."

Me: "Hhayi. I have enough." I tell them about the ambush of the grannies the day before yesterday, they are laughing hysterically.

Nqo: "Oh my god!! MaKhumalo is so dramatic!"

Pearl: "Mina I love her shame! I need that tea friend." I take it out and give it to her.

Me: "You can have it shame!" I make them both cups of the tea.

Nqo: "It's nice yazi, I love the minty taste."

Portia: "Mina I'm up for the all-night marathon shame!" we laugh.

Lizwi: "Ladies." he says walking in. He kisses me then breaks it smiling.

Me: "What?"

Lizwi: "Ngiyakuthanda yezwa?" I blush.

Me: "I love you too." I peck his lips. He grabs a beer and leaves. Lihle walks in with a white buffy man. The man looks shady asf, he has tattoos all over his body but he looks hot too, like really hot. I don't blame her shame, even if this man was a thug, I wouldn't judge her at all bandla.

Lihle: "Skwiza. Hi ladies." We all greet back.

Lihle: "This is my man, Mattheo. Babe, that is my sister-in-law and our friends."

Mattheo: "It's nice to meet you ladies." He says in a weird accent. We just nod.

Lwande: "And then?!" he asks walking in with the others carrying the now ready meat.

Lihle: "Babe, that is my brother and our friends' husband and fiance." I feel like laughing at how she keeps referring to our guests as 'our' friends.

Lizwi: "LINDELIHLE!" he says in a stern voice.

Lihle: "Bhuti."

Lizwi: "Manyala mani lawa?!"

Lihle: "Bhuti please." she begs. I nudge Lizwi, he sighs.

Lizwi: "I hope you not messing with my sister man, I won't hesitate to become a murderer for her. If you dare hurt her then you will be forcing my hand and I would hate to have to kill you."

Mattheo: "I love her. I really do."

*********

We were now all sitting around the table eating while chatting and laughing. Lwande has been dissing my husband and everyone was laughing.

Lwande: "Yoh! Indoda yakho Letho!" he shakes his head as laughter fills the table.

Lizwi: "Fvck you bruh!"

Lwande: "But I'm not lying, you were crying everyday wena. You always came to my house crying vele." I was glad that we could now laugh about all this. A harsh knock came through the front door. I looked at Lizwi confused, he just kissed my nose and went to answer it. After a few minutes he didn't return so I stood up to go check. The police stood at my front door

Officer 1: "Sir, we are just doing our job."

Me: "Baby, what's happening?"

Officer 2: "Mr. Lizwilenkosi Majola is arrested for murder."

Me: "Murder!?!" I asked confused.

Officer 2: "It sounds better when you say it?" I click my tongue.

Me: "I'm not letting you take my husband away without any explanations!"

Officer 1: "He is arrested for killing a defenseless woman. He even had the nerve to burn her inside her home."

Me: "You have the wrong person."

Officer: "Sisi, we are not playing games la! Wena asambe!" they dragged him.

Me: "Yey! Don't pull him like that nxx!" I watched them shove him inside their car and drive off.

Lwande: "What just happened !?!" I exhaled and just walked back inside.