32

[Chapter 32- Continuing ...]

LETHOKUHLE

Nqobile: "I am really sorry for being such a bitch."

Me: "You've always been one Nqo." she rolls her eyes.

Nqobile: "I know friend. I just got too excited about being abroad and making new friends that I neglected you and all your efforts. I became worse when I judged you.."

Me: "Lalela Nqobile, I seriously am not interested in all this. You showed me the kind of person you are when I needed you the most. I told you I was pregnant, I told all about my fears but all you could do was judge me?! I won't lie you really hurt my feelings because I thought I had a sister in you but clearly I was wrong. You couldn't even tell me when you came back during holidays, I had to see through your social media stories, i seriously didn't know when did I turn into an enemy to you."

Nqo: "Kodwa Letho, we growing and I'm sure you understood that at some point we wouldn't be as close as we were before."

Me: "Exactly but it was up to the both of us to make our bond and friendship stronger than ever but I was the only one putting effort while you brushed me off. I stopped trying because I seemed desperate and I wasn't about to do that to myself Nqo. I chose myself and when i did that, I vowed that i will stop lettong people like you take me for a poes!"

Nqobile: "Letho..."

Me: "No, yabo as you just mentioned ukuthi at some point we expected to grow and also grow apart? Let's keep it at the apart part because I don't know why you would expect me to be your backup just because your sister inlaw isn't your friend anymore and you left all your other friends abroad, I won't let you. Ungijwayela kabi wena. Stay away from me. The only thing that connects the both of us now is my son, your nephew KUPHELA! Nothing else!" I leave her there sobbing and walk back inside the house.

Me: "Aunt. I'm sorry but we have to leave right away. Dad is hosting a 'special dinner' tonight." she smiles and nods.

Uncle: "I will get the champ." i nod.

Aunt: "I know you lying." I bite my upper lip.

Me: "Can I come see you some time this week?"

Aunt: "Yeah sure. Is something wrong?"

Me: "Not really, but can it be just the two of us." she smiles and walks to me, she engulfs me in a warm hug then kisses my head.

Sqalo: "Thotho, I don't want to go!" he whines.

Me: "Sqalo, wena everywhere you go nje awufuni ukugoduka?" he sulks folding his arms.

Aunt: "Let him be baby."

Me: "If I leave you shame, you won't get all the goodies Amahle got you."

Sqalo: "Hhayi Thotho!" he cries pulling on my dress.

Me: "Aybo wena, ngizokushaya!" he cries louder wiggling his body on the floor. I seriously don't get his tantrum right now.

Sqalo: "Mama!" he opens his arms , wanting me to pick him up since he sees that i'm ignoring his tantrum. I pick him up.

Me: "Sqalo uyahlupha kodwa." he just buries his face on my neck hiccuping.

Aunt: "Letho, you better not be hitting my grandson." I laugh.

Uncle: "Aybo baby, that's how kids are disciplined. You didn't hit your rascals, buka manje, oyedwa uhamba emithisa omunye ujola namakhehla ungazi uwafunani nxx! Ey futhi uLondi !! Silondile!!" he shouts walking up the stairs. Lwande laughs silently while aunt exhales heavily.

Aunt: "It's too late now for the 'don't have kids' advice huh?!"

Me: "Yes mah and i'm feeling it shame."

Lwande: "Hey leave my son alone." he comes closer and takes a now sleeping Sqalo from my arms. We hear shouting upstairs and we look at each other then aunt rushes upstairs.

Lwande: "Ubaba uguga kabi."

Me: "Aybo he is allowed to be mad."

Lwande: "It's been over two weeks now since he heard of his favourite daughter's shenanigans."

Me: "What? really?" i chuckle.

Lwande: "Yeah. Yazi everytime he's mad, he doesn't forget to mention Londi's shenanigans and then he will start shouting at her all over again then add on to her punishment. I think she has got five punishments in total in these two weeks." I laugh.

Me: "That can't be true."

Lwande: "Can I drop you off?"

Me: "Nope, i'm fine." he nods.

Lwande: "You.."

Me: "Look Lwande, I'm really sorry for my behaviour yesterday. It was totally inappropriate and unacceptable. I'm sorry."

Lwande: "I don't blame you. I'm also sorry for hurting you back then. I'm sorry for stringing you along and denying my child. I can never apologise enough for that."

Me: "Why? Why Lwande? I deserve that little bit of closure atleast."

Lwande: "I had just broken my own virginity and so I wanted to explore and have experience. It got more complicated when I wanted to join the rugby club. I was already friends with those guys and I wanted to fit in so I wanted more experience and reputation with girls so I can also fit in with them. I wanted to be able to engage in their topics of girls and partying, that is also another reason why I failed so much."

Me: "So you mean that between us, it was all just lust?"

Lwande: "In a nutshell yes, I was more interested in getting between your legs and it also helped that you had a crush on me anyways. I used that to my advantage. I'm sorry I hurt you and degraded you like that."

Me: "I was just one of your call girls Lwande?! I was just another floozy of yours nje?"

Lwande: "Yes, i'm sorry." I shake my head.

Me: "I can't believe right now. So you thought right after playing me, it would be best to just deny my baby? and want me to get rid of him?" he sighs rubbing his eyes.

Lwande: "I regret that everyday, I was young and scared."

Me: "I was also young amd scared Lwande! On top of it all, I had you flaunting your girlfriend in my face and then you flaunted y'alls pregnancy! All this crappy excuse you just gave me is lies and you know it! If it is true then you wouldn't have accepted your girlfriend's pregnancy that easily Lwande! Or yini? I wasn't worthy of your honesty?!" Sqalo wakes up.

Lwande: "It's not that Letho."

Me: "Then what was the reason?!" i cry. Okay maybe Lizwi was right, i haven't dealt with my feelings and traumas.

Sqalo: "Thotho uyakhala." he says in a shaky voice then burst into a loud cry.

Me: "cha baby." I wipe my eyes fast and take him into my arms.

Aunt: "You two will continue this conversation some other time and you shouldn't be arguing infront of the child." I swallow the lump on my throat.

Me: "I was leaving."

Uncle: "I'm driving you, come." Sqalo is now clinged on me, he doesn't even want to kiss his grandmother or his father.

Me: "I'm sorry mah."

Aunt: "Don't apologise baby. It's okay." she kisses my forehead and i walk out.