19. Save My Baby

Looking down on her lap, Aaravi can feel the gaze of her parents and Abhi's parents on her. Abhimanyu is standing a little on the side by her bed while her brother is standing in the corner.

There is complete silence in the room which makes her and Abhimanyu's hearts pounding loudly inside their chest.

"You kids are adults and mature enough but what you both did really disappoint us. But now whatever happens, we can't undo it. We want you both to take responsibility for your actions and now want you both to get married," Arjun said, making Aaravi tear up while Abhi looked at her and sighed seeing her clenching the blanket. 

"I hope you both don't punish an innocent life just because of your actions. But again, you both have the final say in this," Siya said to which Ashika nodded agreeing with her.

"Aaravi, say something, bachcha. What do you guys want now?" Ashika softly said looking at her son and Aaravi.

"I don't want to marry right now, I am not sure. I am not ready," Aaravi said and tightly closed her eyes, feeling them burning. She felt as if her soul left her body just by uttering this cruel lie. 

She is helpless or maybe coward or stupid.

Abhimanyu snapped his head toward her in shock and he felt his blood freeze in his veins as he tried to grasp what she really meant. 

Everyone was shocked at her words. This is not what they expect. 

"What!? What do you mean, Aaravi?" Siya asked while Ashika looked at her son who was staring at Aaravi with hurt-filled eyes. 

"I mean what I said, Ma," Aaravi said looking at her mother with a blank face. 

Ryan was shocked at her sister's unusual behavior. If it was his old Aaravi, she might be jumping in happiness. 

But what changes suddenly? Is it because of a baby?

While everyone was trying to grasp her words, Abhimanyu went numb, staring at her in daze with lots of questions in his eyes.

After two years of engagement, loving and confessing their love to each other for more than 7 years and knowing each other since childhood, she is not sure about their relationship. Incredible!!

She is still unsure if she wanted to marry him or not after they gave themselve to each other in every sense. 

He tried to understand her and the state of mind she is in right now and he may get it if she said she needed some time but she is unsure about her DAMN feelings for him. 

A sad and mocking smile formed in Abhi's face as he looked intensely at her. 

"I think she made herself cleared, now what I want doesn't matter anymore. I am fine with her d..decision," He said try to sound firm but in the end his voice broke.

Everyone looks at him and can sense the hurt and anger in his voice. Ashika felt her eyes teary, sensing the pain her son is going through. Ryan felt bad for him after what Aaravi said. This is not right. 

Aaravi just turned her to the other side, not able to meet his betrayal-filled gaze on her. She shut her eyes and let tears roll down from her eyes.

"Aaravi, what are you saying? You both are engaged and have been planning for a wedding for months, huh? What happened suddenly? And what about the baby? Are you understanding the severity of the situation?" Siya said suddenly feeling angry at her absurd decision.

"I think we should let them talk alone," said Ruhaan, who was silently observing her daughter. 

Aaravi felt her heart stop in anxiety and fear. What she is going to tell Abhimanyu. He will not let it go until he digs the truth from her.