54. Little Third Wheel

“But what about Abheer?” Aarav asked, placing a sleeping Abheer in his crib. 

“Mumma said she will be there for him. We will be back in a week..don't worry,” he assured but she seemed uncertain about leaving him alone.  

“But how will I stay away from him for so long,” Abhi smiles at her and back hugs her.

“I know it will be difficult but I just want us to enjoy and spend some time with you alone,” Her heart melted hearing his soft, hopeful tone.

She turns in his arm and pecks his lips lovingly and smiles beautifully.

“When are we leaving?” she asked 

“Day after tomorrow,” he happily said.

“Can't wait to have you all to myself” he whispered mischievously, making her chuckle.

Abhi groans in pain which breaks his sleep. He winced as again he felt a hard smack on his face making him open his eyes. He frowned and looked to his right to find his son throwing his legs furiously, kicking his handsome face.

His eyes went to Aaravi who was peacefully sleeping on the other side of the bed as Abheer was sleeping between them. 

He again gets a kick on his chest and playfully narrows his eyes at his baby son who is wide awake and throwing his arms and legs in the air. 

“You naughty boy…wanted to wrestle with me, huh?” Abhi said playfully before placing him on his chest. 

Abheer smiles cutely and first his t-shirt and stretches the t-shirt neckline to his mouth before chewing it.

“No!! Bad manners, Abheer…” Abhi told him, removing the cloth from his mouth. 

Abheer frowns cutely and stares at his father who shakes his head in no. He again opened his mouth while staring at his father and as he was about to take Abhi’s t-shirt in his mouth, Abhi playfully glared at him, freeing his t-shirt from his tiny fist. 

“You little…” Abhimanyu scolds him lightly.

Abheer looked at him without blinking and soon tears formed in his eyes as he realized he just got scolded from his Dadda. His chin wobbled before he let out a cry, making Abhimanyu panic. 

Hearing his crying, Aaravi woke up and lazily turned to her side to see Abheer crying badly while Abhi tried to console him. She sighs thinking Abhimanyu must have done something to make Abheer cry.

“Now what have you done?” she said in a sleepy tone and took a crying Abheer in her embrace.

“Nothing…he is being dramatic,” Abhimanyu defended to which Aaravi rolled her eyes and turned to her baby boy who was crying his lungs out without slipping a single tear.

“Shh…it's okay mera Jaan. Mamma got you. Shhh…dont cry, love…” she tried to calm him down, rocking him gently.

As he began to calm down, Abhimanyu kissed his chin tightly and rubbed his beard cheek against his soft cheek making him shout and break into a loud cry. 

“Manyu!! I will kill!!!” Aaravi yells angrily at Abhi making him grin. 

He loves doing it. He can't stop himself from seeing his chubby puffy cheeks. His baby boy is too cute to resist.

“He is cute, love..” Aaravi glared at him. 

Aaravi caresses Abheer cheek and hugs him to her chest as started cooing sweet words to him to stop from crying. She felt him fidgeting with her shirt collar. She smiles at this before she places him on her lap.