45. His Lioness

It's been a week since Aaravi is staying in hospital. Various checkups and tests are going on with her which makes her frustrated sometimes. She hates getting scans and tests. 

Abhimanyu is staying with her and Ryan, Aaruhi and Vihaan also come there so that Abhimanyu can leave her and get some rest and freshen up. They bring Abheer with them everyday to Aaravi as he gets cranky if he doesn't get to see his Mumma or Dad. One of their parents stays with Abhi and Aaravi. They don't want their children to feel lonely while they are in trouble and going through difficult times. 

Aaravi also felt good when both her parents and other family came to spend some time with her. It distracted her from the fear and anxiety and panic she is feeling all the while. She enjoys and really feels blessed to have such loving and caring people in her life. 

As the day of surgery was coming near, she started feeling fear and various negative thoughts started coming in her mind. She started doubting if she could make it or not. She knows she shouldn't think like that but it's true. There are fair chances she won't make it back. 

She doesn't want to imagine what will happen to her family, her Manyu. Her little Abheer, he is still a newborn and needs her the most. 

“Aaravi…” Aaravi jerks back in reality after hearing Abhi’s voice.

“Huh?” Abhi rolls his eyes and forwards the spoon of soup near her lips.

She smiled, hiding her fear and opened her mouth and drank the soup.

She looks at the side and smiles beautifully seeing Aaruhi and Vihaan playing with Abheer to distract him so Aaravi could have her breakfast.

“Take care of him, Manyu. Don't ignore him in my absence,” Suddenly Aaravi said, still staring at her happy baby boy. 

His hand halted in the middle as he brought a spoon near her lips. Suddenly his heart drops in fear and he is still in his place as her words repeat inside his head even when he is telling himself that she didn't mean that way.

Aaravi turns to him and as she looks at his face she realizes what she just said and mentally slaps her forehead.

“Manyu I..” he silenced her and gave a smile.

“You don't mean that way, right? He is my son as much as yours, don't worry I will take care of him until you recover fully,” he said, feeding her soup. 

She looked at him and gulped with difficulty because maybe she meant what she said. But how she would make him understand that her life is uncertain and he has to be strong if something happens to her. He has to be strong for their son. He has to look after him in her absence. 

She stays silent looking at him with longing and love in her eyes. Abhi smiles seeing her gaze on him to which she returns the smile sincerely. 

A day before surgery

“Aww…my baby is looking so charming and cute in this outfit. Dadi mumma made you wear this, hmm..” Aaravi is talking to Abheer in a baby voice to which he is hearing with full concentration looking at her face with his twinkling eyes.

Siya and Ashika smiling seeing both mother and son busy with themselves enjoying each other's company ignoring everyone in the room.

Abhimanyu is silently standing in looking at them with his calm but his heart is not at peace. Seeing her smiling face, he can't stop himself but feels like dying every passing second in fear. His heart clenched in pain at the thought of not having her in his life.

He needs her badly in his life. He can't afford to lose her after having her to himself and having a family with her, after so many years of togetherness. It's not fair with them.