38. A Little Angel

Everyone nodded at Abhimanyu and smiled. He licks his lips nervously before turning the door knob with a thudding heart. 

He slowly opens the door and steps inside to find his wife sleeping peacefully on the bed. He closes the door behind.

He walked to the bed and sat on the stool beside the sleeping form of Aaravi. Smiling looking at her gently, he kissed her forehead.

Then stare at her exhausted yet glowing face. His thumb lightly strokes her round cheek feeling so proud of her.

"Thank you so much, Aaravi," he whispered softly and placed his lips on the side of her head.

He sat there and admired her for a while when suddenly he heard a melodious sound of soft cry. He felt his heart skip a beat suddenly making him turn his head back. 

A sudden excitement and happiness rushed to his heart filled him with bliss. He blink his eyelashes feeling his vision slowly turning blurry due to the wetness in his eyes.

He gently placed Aaravi's left hand on her chest which was holding and caressing and stood up to meet his little heart.

As he takes a step near a crib, his eyes catch the movement of tiny fists and feet as the baby is moving them in the air. His heart skipped a beat at the beautiful sight. 

He stops beside the crib and the moment his eyes take the sight of his son, he forgets everything. He couldn't believe his eyes after seeing the little angel wiggling in the crib. 

His lips curved into a soft smile and tears filled his eyes. He slightly bent and chuckled with happy tears seeing him making a cute face.

 He slightly bent and chuckled with happy tears seeing him making a cute face

(our mini Agnihotri😘)

His tiny mouth opens slightly as he is making a cooing sound. His big doe eyes looked at him curiously. Abhimanyu smiles then chuckles lightly realizing his baby's face is not bigger than his fist. It's so small and beautiful like a fallen angel.

Abhimanyu suddenly flinched when he again started crying but this time loudly. Abhimanyu was taken aback seeing him crying so loudly. 

He blinks his eyes in confusion not knowing what to do. His baby is crying. What should he do now? 

His heart clenched in pain seeing his face turn red due to crying. He forward his trembling hands and carefully and gently took his son in his palms. 

Abhimanyu was surprised, feeling the cotton soft body of his newborn. He perfectly fits in his hands as he is really smaller than he imagined.

Abhimanyu smiles wholeheartedly and brings his baby near his face. His hand behind his back supports his tiny body and fingers softly hold his delicate head. 

"Hi champ, ..Why are you crying, my little warrior, hm?" he whispered looking into his beautiful glossy eyes. 

The baby slowly stops crying hearing him and seems like his father got his whole attention.