50. Breakdown

“Calm down, tiger. I know you wanted to meet Mumma but first you have to finish your milk,” Abhimanyu said to super excited Abheer who is wiggling in his arms and making protesting noises.

But as his eyes fell on his milk bottle, he raised his little hands to grab it. Abhi placed the bottle on his lips making him grab the nibble between his pouty lips and started sulking it hungrily. 

Abhimanyu smiles, seeing him quietly enjoying his treat. His big eyes staring at him innocently making his heart filled with love and adoration for his little soul.

After he finished his milk, Abhimanyu made him burp and clean his mouth and chin with a wet paper towel.

“Is this tiny tummy full now, hmm?” Abheer giggles as Abhi rubs his tummy. A smile formed on Abhi’s face seeing him giggling so cutely.

While they were playing, Ashika came there and watched them with adoration in her eyes. She entered the room and smiled seeing Abheer laughing his heart out as Abhimanyu was talking to him in a baby voice.

“My baby is in a happy mood today,” Abhi looks up hearing her and smiles slightly before he turns his gaze back at Abheer.

“Abhi, Dad is calling you in his office,” she informed him. He nodded and stood up from the bed but suddenly Abheer started yelling as if he knew his father was going.

Ashika chuckled lightly and took him in her arms. She kissed his cheeks lovingly. 

“Let you Dadda go, bachcha. While we will go and spend some time with Abheer's Mumma, what say?” She said to Abheer who still has his eyes fixed on Abhimanyu. 

“Don't you want to play with Mumma, hm?” Abhi asked him but he just looked at him with longing eyes making him sigh.

“Daddy is coming in a while, baby. Go with Dadi. And don't trouble Mumma much, okay?” Saying he kisses his head and walk out of the room leaving confused Abheer as he stare at the door then move his eyes to Ashika who couldn't help but chuckle at his cuteness.

“Let’s go, Mumma must be waiting for her baby Abheer,” she said excitedly, making him squeal.

Ashika entered the room quietly and saw a nurse changing her drip. Her smile turned sad seeing her Aaravi in deep slumber. It's been almost a month since she has been like this. 

After a week since she fell into a coma, Abhimanyu decided to shift her in their house. Ishaan also agreed with him. 

But she didn't show any sign of movement. It is heart-wrenching for everyone to see her like this but they pray for her and believe she will open her eyes soon. 

Ashika sat beside her sleeping figure and caressed her hand softly. 

“Wake up Meri Jaan. How much are you going to sleep like this, bachcha. We all are waiting for you, Aaravi,” she said to her and smiled. 

Suddenly Abheer let out a cry and started moving in her arms restlessly. Ashika patted his back and kissed his temple before making him look at Aaravi. 

“See, Mumma. Say hello to Mumma, Abheer,” she said to him, taking him near her face.

Abheer touches her cheeks with his soft little palm and squeals in happiness as he recognizes her. 

Ashika is watching Abheer playing with Aaravi’s fingers with her affectionate eyes after she places him beside Aaravi on the bed. 

Her attention went toward the door hearing it opening. She saw Abhi coming inside. He looked at Aaravi and a smile formed on his face seeing Abheer playing with Aaravi’s fingers.