24. Life Is Too Short

Abhimanyu entered his room and saw his Mumma and Dadi sitting with Aaravi. Ashika was feeding her food while Priya was warding evil eyes from Aaravi by circling dry chilies in front of her. 

He smiled at them and stood leaning against the door frame. 

Priya turned to go to burn the dry chilies but a big smile appeared on her face seeing Abhi standing at the entrance.

"Abhi Bachcha…come here. Let me ward evil eyes from you too. Come betaji…" Priya said. 

He shook his head at his grandmother and walked near them and stood in front of her. She repeated the same process as she did with Aaravi.

"May Mahadev give you both a long life together and keep you both and your baby happy and healthy," she blessed them and then kissed Aaravi and Abhimanyu's forehead lovingly.

Aaravi is stiff for a second at her words and mentally prayers for her blessing come true. 

"I will go and burn these evil chilies," she said playfully, making Abhi and Ashika chuckle while Aaravi smiled slightly at her.

After Priya walked out of the room, Abhimanyu looked at Aaravi with softness in his eyes.

"Mumma, no! It's enough…" Aaravi said, shaking her head as Ashika brought a spoon near her mouth to feed rice and dal.

Ashika look at with playful narrow eyes and said,

"Not done, doll. You should increase your diet, beta. Now you are eating for two lifes," she said softly, giving her water.

Aaravi smiled slightly and nodded. 

Abhimanyu smiles at their bond. And place the file on the side table. 

"What is this Abhi?" Ashika asked him to see a file.

"It's Aaravi's medical report and ultrasounds. I was thinking of meeting a doctor regarding her pregnancy," He informed her. Aaravi turns to him and looks at the file. 

Her eyes widened in fear seeing the file which has her tumor reports and other reports and scans. 

"Yeah, you should, Abhi. I will ask Anu(Abhi's Bua) for a good doctor for Aaravi," Ashika said to which Abhi nodded at her.

"Okay. I have to go for the party meeting. I will be back by evening," he said, then looked at Aaravi as he was telling her. 

Aaravi gulped in nervousness then looked at him with her adorable eyes. 

"Don't worry. We will be here for you Aaravi," Ashika said teasingly, seeing them looking at each other.

Abhi grins at his Mumma and kisses her head before kissing Aaravi's forehead. 

"Take care, love," he whispered to her softly then pulled back and stood straight.

Ashika smiles heartily seeing them. 

"Okay then see you in the evening, beautifuls," he said with a smile and went out leaving his mother and newly wedded wife.

Aaravi stared at his back with longing as he walked out of the room after taking his car keys and phone.

"How long are you going to pretend to stay angry with him?" Suddenly Ashika asked with a loving and peaceful smile on her. 

Aaravi looks at her in surprise and gulps softly.

"Aaravi, you know beta. Your eyes speak louder than your words. With just one look at your face and eyes, anyone can tell how much you love Abhimanyu and yearn for him. I just wanted to say one thing, doll…our life is too short to waste in anger, sadness and crying over things that we can't control. If you are angry with him then just beat him, slap him and curse him, let all your anger out on him. I promise I won't stop you,.." as she said that Aaravi chuckled slightly looking at her with her teary eyes.