48. Like His Mother

“Abhi, eat something, beta” Abhimanyu looked up to see the worried face of his mother. His eyes are blank but Ashika can feel the millions of emotions in them.

“Not eating and sleeping won't make things alright. You have to hold yourself together. I know it's hard for you, bachcha but think about Abheer. He needs you the most,” Ashika said softly, caressing her head as she sat beside him on the chair outside Aaravi’s room.

Abhimanyu looked down feeling a painful lump in his throat. His eyes slowly turn watery as he thinks about his mother’s words.

“I can't be the same without my Aaravi, Mumma. It's so difficult…” he whispered, trying his best to control himself from breaking down.

“It's like I was living because of her. I am feeling soulless without her,” He said as he looked at Ashika with his teary eyes. 

Ashika felt her eyes burning seeing the pain and fear of separation in his eyes.

“She won't be happy seeing you like this, Abhi. For her, be strong my bachcha,” she said and held his palm in hers.

“She always wants you to be happy. It will hurt her knowing you were so hard on yourself in her presence. She won't like it, I am telling you. You will be in lots more trouble when she wakes up,” she said in a smiling tone, making his lips curve in a smile as he can imagine her cute angry face while she scolds him in her soft voice.

“Now come with me and eat something,” she said and held his wrist to make him stand.

He looked at her with pleading eyes as he didn't want to leave from here, away from his Aaravi.

“You have Aaravi’s swear,” she said, leaving no choice for him but to listen to his mother.

Ashika smiled as he sighed and stood up from the chair.

But before leaving for the canteen, he looked at Aaravi’s peaceful face through the glass for a second as if silently conveying to her that he will be back to her.

“Ma, please go home and rest. I am here with her,” Abhimanyu said looking at Siya who is sitting beside Aaravi’s bed and silently crying for her daughter.

“No, I won't go anywhere. My baby needs me,” he sighs and hugs her, making her let out a sob. 

“You can come back tomorrow. You will fall ill like this and your daughter will take my good class if she knows I don't take care of you and Dad,” he said, making Siya smile with tears.

“I won't let her trouble my son. Let her wake first, I am going to give her an earful for making us cry so much. For troubling my son,” she softly caresses his cheek making his eyes glossy. 

Siya knows how much he is in pain but holding himself for his family. 

“We will together going to scold her,” he said in hoarse voice, making Siya chuckle slightly as she nodded.

“Now, come let go Ryan Bhai is waiting for you and Dad,” he said and held her hand.

Siya stood up and looked down at Aaravi who was sleeping peacefully. Siya took her hand and kissed the back of her palm lightly.

“Ma is waiting, Meri Jaan. Wake up soon,” she whispered as a teardrop fell from her eyes which she quickly wiped and look at Abhi.

“Take care of yourself, Abhi. You are precious to my doll. She doesn't want her Manyu in pain,” she whispered to him, making his heart stop for a second.

Siya kisses his forehead lovingly and smiles. 

After sending everyone home, Abhimanyu is silently sitting beside Aaravi in a chair and staring at her face.