Meat!: Luffy X Reader

You were in the captain's quarters looking at the newspaper. The worst generation pirates were at it again, but you couldn't read why this time because you were interrupted by loud noise out on the deck before the door to the room burst open.

"Captain! We have a problem!" Someone exclaimed and you sighed, putting the paper down and standing up.

"What's the problem now?" You said as you followed the crewmate out onto the deck to be greeted by the scene of your whole crew surrounding a fishing net with a person in it who looked half dead. It wasn't a mer person, it was a real life person. You crossed your arms over your chest as you tried to hold back a smile at the familiar figure.

"Jake, go prepare some meat." You said and the chef, Jake, along with the others all looked at you confused and flabbergasted.

"Uh, captain, are you sure, shouldn't we help him first?" Jake asked and you looked at him with a raised brow.

"Are you questioning your captain?" You asked and he sweat dropped before shaking his head.

"No captain." He said before rushing off and you looked at your other crew mates before giving directions.

"Sam and Haliey, detangle him from the net, Sean and Jax, I need you both to get the water out of his lungs, and don't worry about the strength, use as much as necessary, he'll be fine." You directed and the crew nodded before getting to work when Jake came running back with a single plate of meat, you creased your brows looking at him as he ran up to you.

"Here you go Cap." He said offering the plate to you but you shook your head.

"No, that's not going to be nearly enough, that wouldn't even be a snack to him, and do you see how badly hurt he is, he's going to need a lot more than that, we're going to need almost all the meat we have on this ship, Sor and Jay, go and help Jake, he's going to need all the help he can get." You ordered, and although confused and surprised, the three listened and ran off and you turned back to the male tangled in the net, noticing a straw hat lying next to him, you bent down and picked it up, looking at it as you remember the first time you saw this hat.

-Flashback-

You were walking on the beach of your island, away from everyone, you enjoyed doing this when you could get away, which wasn't very often. But as you walked your normal path on the beach, the waves rolled over your feet and you stopped to look out at the water until it retreated back and you began walking again, but as you lifted your foot, it hit something and you looked down to see a male laying there unconscious. You screamed in fear and tried to run away backwards, but ended up falling on your butt and scurrying away like that. After a good couple of feet you stopped, panicking, trying to catch your breath, before you fixed yourself and crawled back over to the male with the straw hat and looked at him.

"Is he dead...?" You asked in a whisper before lifting your hand and making a fist before bringing it down as hard as you could onto the man's chest, resulting in the man to cough and spit up water, making you scream in surprise again and scurry away, but quickly realizing he was still alive. Once he stops, you jump up and run towards him as the water rolls over around him again, you could tell he's still really weak.

"What do I do?! What should I do!?" You exclaimed, running around and spinning in circles when you heard the male cough and you stopped to look at him before your face turned hard as you rolled up your sleeves.

"Alright, first, let's pull him away from the water, I don't want the sea taking him back or drowning him." You said to yourself before grabbing the male's arms and begin slowly dragging him away from the water, but when you looked down, you saw his hat being dragged in the sand as well. It was in good shape, he must care for it. You figured it was important to him, so not wanting to damage it, you picked it up and put it onto your head and continued dragging the male. Once you reached the end of the beach, you put him on the grass.