Welcome Home Surprise: Perona X Reader

Requested by: Azureman136

Since this story is a short one, I will be posting a second story as well, which is also short, so both of the stories will add up to about the same length of a normal story I would write, and also, hopefully the stories will be getting better again because my wonderful proof reader Keef_The_Pineapple is back from her vacation and is helping me out by proof reading the stories again, but anyway I'm not going to continue to ramble on, and next story Katakuri X Reader, now onto the stories, enjoy.

You've been away from home for a long time. But today, you're finally going back home, and you can't wait to sleep in your own bed and see your father again and show him how much you have changed and gotten stronger over time. You dock at the island and gleefully grab your stuff off your boat and start walking straight home. You feel it a bit odd that you don't run into anyone or anything along the way, but just shrug it off as you've gotten too strong. So you walk a straight, peacefully undisturbed path right to a gloomy looking, abandoned castle. Now, you and your family, well you should just say father as he's the only family i've ever known and that's left alive that you know of, arent rick, but you both live in a nice big castle together, although even still, you both have to do everything for yourselves, which your perfectly fine with, since you love to do that stuff anyways. You walk up the steps and put your handle on the door and take a deep breath before a huge smile spread across your face and you opened the door and walked in.

"Dad, I'm home!" You exclaim happily in joy. But then suddenly, before you could register anything, a pink haired girl came flying around the corner in front of you, figuratively and literally surprisingly, when suddenly you felt depressed and collapsed to the ground.

"I'm a failure. I shouldn't have ever been born. I didn't even get that much stronger. My father probably is even disappointed in me. He probably doesn't even care about me, or like me, or love me." You cried on the ground and you heard laughter from above you.

"Horohorohoro." It sounded. It sounded like a female laughing, then suddenly, there was another set of footsteps that rounded the corner and a familiar sigh.

"What are you doing?" A familiar males voice said, it was your father, the pink haired girl looked at him like he was a blind idiot.

"Can't you see? I'm taking care of the intruder. She tried to sneak in and do who knows what." The pink haired girl said, this time it was your father's turn to look at her like she was an idiot as he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"She's my daughter." He said and her eyes widened, almost bulging out.

"What?!" She exclaimed, but he ignored her and shook his head and walked over to you.

"And anyway, why would someone want to break in here? An old gloomy abandoned castle, on an equally gloomy uninhabited island, and why would they break in using the door, by just walking in." He said and the girl's face instantly dropped and you could see regret and embarrassment on her face as your father helped you up. You looked up at him and whispered a thank you as you looked into his golden hawkeye like eyes. You looked at Dracule Mihawk. Also known as Hawkeye Mihawk, or to you, father. Dracule Mihawk is your father.

"Welcome home." He said and you could see a small smile form on his face and you nodded before a huge smile broke out on your face and you pulled your father in for a hug.

"Glad to be back. It's been a long time. Way too long." You said and Mihawk nodded and gave you a brief quick hug back before breaking away.

"Sorry you had to be welcomed home after such a long time like this." Mihawk said, motioning towards the pink haired girl who flinched.

"Don't worry, it's fine, I understand, it was all just a misunderstanding, and it's not like she hurt me or anything." You shrugged and Mihawk nodded, when suddenly the pink haired girl flew up into both of your faces.

"Hold up! Take a step back! You said she's your daughter?! You have a daughter! I didn't know that! I don't think anyone knows it!" She exclaimed and you both looked at her.

"Yes, she's my daughter, her names (Y/N), and it's not like I'm trying to hide her from the world or anything, we just don't go throwing our relationship around everywhere." Mihawk explained and you nodded along. You then watched as her face went to one of horror as she slightly backed away from you both and Mihawk raised a brow.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know! I thought you were an intruder at first!" She exclaimed in fear and Mihawk sighed.

"She's not like me." Mihawk said and you smiled at her and stretched out your hand towards her as she flinched.

"Hello, my names (Y/N). And don't worry about it, it's fine, I know it was just a misunderstanding, it happens, I would've done the same, and besides, it's not like you even actually hurt me physically or anything. But anyway let's start over and let's be friends." You said, which really shocked the pink haired girl but Mihawk just gave a small smile and shook his head as he walked away. The pink haired girl slowly floated closer to you before hesitatingly taking your hand.

"My name is Perona." She said and you nodded with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you Perona, so tell me, why are you here on this gloomy island, it can't be because of my dad, especially since almost no one knows where we live and on what island. And then it can't be because of the island itself. And how long have you been here?" You asked curiously as you both walked into another room to sit down after closing the front door of the gloomy castle.

"I got sent here by one of the seven warlords of the sea, Bartholomew Kuma and I've been here for quite some time now." She said and you nodded.

"Oh really? Interesting, so you've been staying here?" You asked and she nodded.

"So, where have you been, and how long have you been gone?" She asked and you looked down at the table in between the both of you sadly.

"Well, I've been gone for a long time now, I left to go and train in some places around the world, to get stronger, because I didn't want to disappoint my father, after all, he is the greatest swordsman in the world." You said and Perona nodded, resting a reassuring hand on your shoulder.

"That's true, I never thought of that, that way, you do have a lot to live up to. But you're great, you're a great person, and I doubt he would ever be disappointed by you." She said and you smiled at her and nodded.

"Your right, thank you Perona." You said, and after that, you both continued to talk for a while and you both hit it off, and even coming very close friends, even not long after just meeting each other.

-Bonus-

It was night time and you were all asleep in your separate rooms in the old creepy gloomy castle, well all except one. Mihawk walked over to your room, walking in to brush some hair out of your face and give you a quick peck on the forehead and looking down at you for a few seconds before walking back to your door and looking back in at you.

"You're not a disappointment to me (Y/N), and I will always care for you. In my eyes, you're perfect. You're my daughter, a great, amazing, strong girl, and nothing can ever change that, just continue to be yourself. I love you. Sleep tight, have good dreams." Mihawk whispered to you from his position at the door. Mihawk was then just about to leave your room before he looked back in at you once again with the same caring eyes.

"Goodnight." He whispered before turning around and leaving while gently closing the door and laying in your bed a smile formed on your face as a few tears slipped from your eyes in your sleep.

'I love you too dad, thank you for that, goodnight.'