chapter 86

The moment the images disappeared from view, everyone went silent trying to process what they had just seen and heard. The journalists, reporters and the masses watching the live broadcast were overwhelmed with a barrage of emotions.

So what if the S-bot was error prone? Were they meant to completely disregard its existing feats simply because of a few mistakes?

Some of them were presently not married, while others were old enough to have children of their own. Everyone think over their parental duties towards their future children. Could they possibly accompany and protect them from the malice of others 24/7?

Compared to the measly issue of privacy concerns, it was unquestionable that the safety of the children came first. Henceforth, Ethan successfully acquired people’s hearts. The crucial benefits of S-bot were fervently believed to outweigh its cons.

However, S-bot benefits were shunned by a few folks. Enzo Ford, who questioned Ethan, thought that on the surface, Ethan’s response to online concerns made perfect sense for everyone but in actuality, he detracted away from the main topic and unanswered the question.

What is S-bot’ basis on judging whether or not someone is guilty of pedophile crimes? After all, a machine is just an apparatus that was made by humans to perform some task. It has no way of understanding the complexity of the human race. Does that mean rendering a person's honor and reputation obsolete?

In the event that the judgement of S-bot is officially authorized, and someone was wrongfully accused, it would bring severe repercussions to the unjustified victim.

"Mr. Wolford, I don’t deny your statement regarding the benefits that S-bot could bring. However, there is something else that still needs to be addressed. On what basis can you claim that S-bot’ judgement is 100% accurate? What if there is a mistake?"

Sharply and clearly punctuated, Enzo Ford confrontational attitude grabbed the attention of the masses. His voice was clearly heard by all attendees and people watching the live broadcast.

Those who have been led astray were speechless.

That’s right. How could they neglect their initial aim? S-bot’ ability to capture and arrest pedophile criminals is indeed a marvellous innovation. It could also reduce the number of harmed children. With that said, there are other considerations to be done: what if there was a mistake?

Gossip is a fearful thing. If someone was labelled as a pedophile, albeit wrongfully, arguably, their whole life would be ruined. A child’s safety is important, does not mean that an adult’s life is insignificant. All lives are equal. We cannot harm someone for the sake of protecting the others.

Everyone’s gazes landed on Ethan,  waiting for his valid reason regarding this issue. Ethan raised his head, radiating in arrogance, he assuredly declared: "S-bot judgement will never be wrong."

Hearing this, the masses erupted in chaos. Reporters and the masses thought of him as arrogant, for who on earth could ever guarantee that one’s invention is always 100% effective?! Isn’t he exaggerating too much?! Even human makes mistake?! Then what about the one they created?!

Nonetheless, Ethan remained calm and composed. Not giving them a chance to question him, he looked down on them from where he stood up and looked at everyone especially Enzo Ford.

Then Enzo Ford felt something was wrong when Ethan calmly looked at him. He got a bad feeling about this.

"S-bot is not just another random robotics inventions. In fact, you can consider it to be a highly developed artificial intelligence instead. A device that is equipped with a higher grade technology than those metallic robots doing cleaning jobs you see on the internet."