Is this goodbye?

~Leah's POV~
I wake up with the biggest smile on my face "what's got you so smiley?" "Life stephy life" "does this have anything to do with a certain gorgeous military girl who is a just a couple of doors down?" "Maybe" Steph climbs into my bed "tell me everything." We have time training is a little bit later so I tell Steph about the kiss, telling Chris I love her and all the messages. "I'm so happy for you Leah, both of you Chris has been so miserable lately I have a feeling she won't be now. Where is Chris?" "She had an early morning meeting I haven't heard her come back in" "did you stay in her room last night?" "No i wanted to give her space last night it's the first time she has truly opened up about her feelings so I didn't want to overwhelm her" Steph hugs me "I'm glad yous are trying again I really am" "thanks Steph want to watch something?" "Come on then lover girl stick some trashy morning tv on."

~Chris' POV~
I wake up early after a brilliant nights sleep. I have a shower then get ready the boss has called another emergency meeting. "Morning all" "good morning sir" "right there is no change still on high alert these people seem like they are getting desperate so we are hoping they slip up soon there is still letters coming through we've had a couple of gruesome parcels that we've intercepted they are currently with the forensics team do not let anyone out of your sights is that understood?" "Yes sir" "right the girls start training after lunch so back to your groups" "yes sir" I head back up to the apartment and most of the girls are up and in the lounge "good morning ladies" "good morning Chris you seem a in a good mood this morning" "always am Bethy always am" I go to my room so I can just have a few minutes before the madness starts.
Me- Hey beautiful x
Leah- There's the women I love are you out of the meeting? X
Me- Certainly am in fact I'm back in my room x
Leah- And we are not together why? X
Me- I'm not ready for the girls to know yet I'm sorry x
Leah- You have nothing to be sorry for baby I shouldn't of pushed you to tell them last time and for that I'm sorry x
Me- you didn't push me I promise x
Leah- I miss you x
Me- I miss you too x
There is banging on my door "come on Chris we want to go to the chill room" "alright I'm coming Jesus" I escort all of the girls to the games room and stand by the door but on the inside. "Hey baby" "hey beautiful why are you not joining in the fun?" "Because I wanted to talk to you why won't you look at me?" "Keeping focused and that's all baby" "you sure there is nothing else?" "Maybe that if I look at you I will cave and pin you up against the wall having my wicked way with you" "please look at me please look at me please look at me" I have to laugh "let me do my job and go have some fun with the girls" "fine don't think about me too much" "impossible now go would you" "I'm going I'm going." Leah goes back with the girls and I remain by the door. I love listening to them laugh as if there is nothing to be worried about. But in reality there is loads to worry about I'm glad they aren't worrying about it though that's my job to worry and my job to protect and that's what I will do until my dying breath.

~Leah's POV~
Chris is doing that thing again where she is staring into a space lost in her thoughts. When she is like this I always wonder what she is thinking about. You know what right now I don't care she is almost mine again once this shit here is over I'm going to make her my girlfriend I know she would never say yes whilst still working.

At lunch time I see all the soldiers huddled together whispering and looking around it looks like they are making plans or something. Is something going on? I wonder if she would give me some information they all seem to look worried. After dinner we all get out on the pitch and start with our warm ups when I notice the way the soldiers are spread out and standing is different from usual. There is definitely something going on. Right now I just need to focus on football no matter how scared I am. I continue to warm up then move on to drills. I really get into it when we move onto tactics for the next match and I'm loving it. The team is blending the ball is moving smoothly it is amazing West Ham don't stand a chance. We start messing around a bit winding Jonas up which makes us laugh even more. In the end Jonas gives up on training and we end up just messing around for a couple of hours it's really nice.

~Chris' POV~
We all have our backs to the pitch watching the perimeter but I can hear lots of laughing and carrying on and it sounds amazing. The football has come over in our direction a few times I'm sure they were seeing how close they could get it too us without hitting us. I'll have to have words with them later and tell them all Viv was the closest. It is amazing how 2 peoples moods can affect everyone else they all seem to be a lot happier now. Leah is a lot happier now and that's all that matters to me. When we get back to the apartment I am going to see if she will be willing to come on a date with me the day this mission ends. I see something move in the bushes just over the fence so I whistle fingers over he is the closest to me. I signal towards the bushes and get him to cover me. I jump the fence and slowly walk towards the bushes with my rifle drawn. When I get there, there is nothing there something doesn't feel right. Something in my gut is telling me something is wrong. I walk a little further down but nothing so I go back to my position when the boss comes over "everything alright Chris?" "Thought I seen something boss" "anything there?" "No but something doesn't feel right my gut is telling me something is off" "do you think we should get the girls in?" "Honestly yes" "your guts never steered us wrong before you seem to have a mad sense for these things. I'll call the troops in.. 2 SECTION FALL IN!" Everyone gathers in "right we are getting the girls in and to their apartments" "what's going on boss?" "Call it over reacting but Chris has a bad feeling and she is never wrong in these things but I would rather be safe than sorry so Chris poff fingers front of the group. Brains Richard's kingie at the back we move them no more than 2 beside each other ok." "YES BOSS!" We all go over to the girls helmets on rifles held close to us i step to the front "I need yous all to gather in" they all form a semi circle "right we are going back to the apartments I need you all to walk in pairs one pair behind the other and stay in formation do not break do not slow down do not stop to talk to anyone is this understood?" "Yes but Chris what's going on?" "We just need to be careful Katie so please no messing around this is serious" "we promise we will all listen to you" "thanks Kim right me Poff and fingers are at the front brains kingie and Richard's are at the back you stay in between us we will stop at each apartment so line up." The girls do exactly what you say and fingers starts whispering "what's going on Chris?" "I have a bad feeling mate a real bad feeling which reminds me, Jonas can you come here please?" He comes over to me "can you send all staff home until further notice please" "everyone?" "Everyone Jonas no unessential staff in the building" "ok I will do that now" "thanks." Leah I looking very scared I just want to hug her and tell her I will never let anything happen to her. "Right ladies in we go."

We slowly make our way inside "guys can I ask for no more talking until the apartment please" everyone stops talking. And we continue in me and fingers look at each other I whisper to him "did you hear that?" "Yeah" I turn to the girls "everyone crouch" I turn to Poff and fingers "back up plan if anything and I mean anything happens Poff you get the girls in the gym and up against the back wall keep the lights off and door locked whilst me and fingers cover ok" "yes sarge" I look back at the girls and they are all looking so scared I need to get them to the apartments somewhere safe. We continue to walk further down the corridor when something lands 3 feet in front of us shit "COVER YOUR EYES" everyone covers their eyes just as a flash grenade goes off. My ears are ringing a little "MOVE MOVE MOVE" Poff gets the girls to the gym and locks the door. They are safe the rest of us are moving through the corridor when the gun fire starts. We round the corner "GET DOWN NOW" we are shouting at these terrorists when they start firing at us. So we fire back it could have been minutes seconds or hours who knows we think it's all over when I feel a burning in my leg and chest. I fall to the floor there seems to be so much noise but I can't make out what any of it is. I'm staring up at the ceiling I see Georgie standing over me she is saying things I don't know what. I think of Leah and that smile and musical laugh and them gorgeous eyes, then darkness.

~Georgie's POV~
I'm hearing from every direction "clear" until we get the all clear that's when I see her, Chris is on the floor in a pool of blood. I run over "MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN! BOSS IT'S CHRIS!" I reach her side "Chris? Chris can you hear me?" She doesn't answer I go into my pack and get the pressure bandages out she has a bullet wound in her knee and chest I start putting the bandages on her wounds. "Stay with me Chris, boss we need an emergency evac now! I'm here Chris keep them eyes open for me ok." Her eyes close "Chris open them eyes for me come on, boss her pulse is weak." We get her on a stretcher then out to the helicopter and get her loaded on. The helicopter takes off I hope they get her to the hospital in time.