Keeping busy

Leah is currently getting ready to go to the colony, I'm taking her on my way to work because I'm just that nice you know. No I didn't like the idea of Leah leaving her car at the grounds for the next week plus it gives me more time with her. Whilst Leah is making sure she doesn't forget anything I'm just chilling on the bed with Bella "don't help or anything" "but I'm sooooo comfortable my love" "you look it" "I'm just admiring you my love" "mhm sure you are" I gasp getting off the bed pulling Leah close to me "of course I am my love I'm not going to see you for a week so got to admire as much as I can" "what like you didn't admire that much this morning" "ahhh yes this morning what fun we had this morning" "twice" "ok what fun we had twice this morning" I start raising my eye brows at Leah "oh give over and let me get ready" "kiss first" Leah gives me a kiss and I fall back on the bed pulling her on top of me. We both laugh "you're so naughty" "would you like me to show you just how naughty?" "Nooo now let me up I just have to get my hoody" "you mean my hoody?" "Yeah that's what I said my hoody" I laugh again "baby do you smell that?" "What has Bella farted again?" "No I smell gas" "I don't smell gas" "hmmm strange. Right get my hoody I need to get you to the colony and I have interviews today" "why are you doing the interviews?" "Because I have an idea my love" "do I get to know this idea?" "Obviously but only if it works out."

I drive Leah to the colony then get her bags out of the boot. "Remember Leah have fun you're going to be in America it is a beautiful place take it in. Oh I also got you this" I pull out a video camera and a film camera "to take it all in" "when did you get these?" "I got you them for Christmas but then things happened you know" "yeah I know thank you baby these are amazing" "go have fun and phone me when you can I love you" "love you too baby" I give Leah a kiss then get back in the car driving off. I arrive at the gym "good morning Catherine" "morning Chris" "and how are we this morning?" "Good thanks I see Bella is with you again" "that she is, well I will be working in the downstairs office today we have some people coming in for interviews I will be interviewing them" "you don't usually interview" "I am today." I go along to my office flopping down in my chair I like Catherine I really do but she has become my mother's spy and that infuriates me. I know anytime soon I will get a phone call from my mum asking why Bella is with me and why I'm doing interviews but I'm not going to tell her it is a secret for all. Well except you's because you's will see the interview but shhhh don't tell anyone. I start my day by paying some bills and signing off payroll can't have my staff not being payed. My mum has been blowing up my phone so I put my hands free in whilst taking Bella for a quick walk because you know if the million missed calls wasn't enough I got the 'you better answer my calls' text. So I phone her whilst throwing a ball for Bella "hi mum you rang like 2 million times" "that's dramatic Chris" "what did you ring for?" "Why do you have Bella at work with you?" "Because I do" "that's not an answer" "mum it's my business, she is in the office with me there is no issue. And if you must know Leah is in America for training and since Bella is still a pup she needs out more than an older dog at the moment, why do you have Catherine spying on me?" "Why are you doing interviews?" "Because I have an idea, why do you have Catherine spying on me?" "What idea?" "Why do you have Catherine spying on me?" "It's not spying it's caring" "caring mum you have her telling you every little bit of my day please stop it's actually pissing me off" "well maybe if you answer your phone" "mum I answer my phone all the time but I'm trying to run a business so I can't always answer straight away" "Chris I only care" "I know mum and I love that you care I really do but please if I don't answer I promise I will phone you back, and please stop getting Catherine to spy on me I'm actually getting to a point where I want to fire her" "ok Chris I will back off as long as you don't shut me out" "I won't I promise" "ok I love you" "love you too mum."

I go back into my office getting ready for the first interview. I am nervous man these are the first interviews I have conducted on my own. The first 2 interviews are a success I have hired my cleaners but in all honesty they don't need to have what my trainers need to have. But I was impressed with their knowledge of products and infection control measures. Next it's time for my first trainer interview I greet them in reception "hi I'm Chris it's nice to meet you" "hi I'm Dominic" "would you like to come through?" "Yeah" "oh I hope you don't mind I kind of have company in my office with me" "oh erm no that's alright." We into the office and Bella comes off her bed for a pet "she comes to work with me sometimes and my partner is currently away" "I thought there was going to be another person in here with you" "nooo just my pooch" "now this I can handle" he starts making a fuss of Bella "careful she will want to come home with you and the mrs will not be happy about that" "I wouldn't mind taking you home your a little angel sorry I'm getting distracted" "I think we both are, Bella bed." Bella goes on her bed "would you like a drink?" "No thank you" "ok should we get down to it?" "Yes please" "so obviously I have read through your previous jobs and skills but what I'm really interested in is why here why this gym?" "I know one of the staff that works here and he has been telling me since the first week of opening that I needed to try and get a job here, he is forever saying how it is family oriented and the owner is one of the friendliest people he has ever met then I did my own research on the gym and I saw that there is a autism friendly room in the gym and I loved it, my son has autism and we always struggle to find places like this for him, he is very active, I've read through a contract and the rules you have should be in every gym, and the words of empowerment that are everywhere" I can't stop smiling "you said you know someone who works here can I ask who?" "Tony we worked together at the last company" "Tony he is a lovely guy, what do you like to get out of personal training sessions?" "As long as the client feels like they have achieved something then I know I will have achieved something, it's not about the gains you get but the feeling behind them." We continue to talk for another half an hour and I tell you I love this guy he is perfect for the gym he will fit right in. "I have one final question for you, if I was to hire you would you be willing to do a 3 day first aid course in Chester travel, hotel, food and course paid for by the gym" "seriously that would be amazing" "you know what I'm not even going to beat around the bush I have never done this ever before with anyone I've interviewed before but I don't need to discuss this any further with anyone, I would love to offer you the job" "that's amazing I would love to accept but don't you need to discuss with the owner or something?" "I am the owner" "no wait your Chris that Tony is always talking about?" "I am but now I'm going to have to wind him up about it" "oh he is going to hate me" "maybe" we both laugh "let me walk you out" "thank you" "Bella walk" we walk out "I will email you with all the details it has been an absolute pleasure talking with you" "you too Chris." I shake his hand before he leaves. "Come on Bella walk time" "you going out again Chris?" "Yep I need some air before the next interview."

I decide to get some lunch so I head to the bakers down the road they love Bella and she always ends up with a sausage. "Hello how are my favourite customers today?" Bella starts barking "shush Bella you can't be demanding" "ahhh 1 sausage coming right up" I just shake my head "how are you today Paula?" "I'm good thank you and you?" "Yeah good just full of busy you know" "the gym is looking amazing" "thank you, you should pop down after work and I could give you a tour" "you know what I might just do that, so what can I get you today Chris?" "Ermm I think I will have a jacket potato with the chicken curry and a side salad" "coming right up, how is that lovely woman of yours doing?" "Yeah good she is in America at the moment training" "oh I love America which part?" "Seattle I believe" "very nice, well here is your sausage young miss and your jacket potato" "thank you very much just keep the change" "thank you see you tomorrow?" "I don't know what my plans are tomorrow." I walk back to work going to my office, "I have an idea Bella want to help me? I thought so come on" we run upstairs into the gym "werw where's the fire Chris?" "No fire do you have a minute Tony?" "Yeah of course" we go into the office "is everything alright?" "Yeah so I just had an interesting chat with Dominic" "oh god what did he say?" "You know Tony you were the first trainer I hired and even though I had no idea on what I was doing you stuck with me and helped me where I needed it. I was hoping you would be interested in becoming gym manager" "gym manager?" "Yeah and this would be your office, you have the best experience and people skills" "what would it entail?" "So when we get new members you would do the induction interviews and help them with their fitness plans, if they want personal training sessions you would assign the trainer and any issues with the gym not the site just with the gym you would be first point of call" "what do you mean just the gym?" "So if someone isn't happy with their trainer or their program or has a complaint your first point of call. It also comes with a pay rise" "can I think about it?" "Of course you can, oh but if you do it would require a 3 day first aid course in Chester with hotel, food, travel and course fully paid for" "ok can I let you know after I speak to Sarah?" "Of course" "thank you I will phone her on my break" "brilliant right I best get down and finish my lunch before the next interview."

I go downstairs and go through the next interview it was alright but I have some thinking to do on that one. There is a knock on the door "come in" "hi Chris not interrupting am I?" "No not at all Tony come in have a seat" "thank you, I've spoke to Sarah and she asked if it would change my schedule?" "Mate you would be in charge of the schedules so you do what you need to as long as it didn't interfere with your clients" "actually that sounds amazing, so yeah I would love to accept that" "fantastic then I will sort out the paperwork and we will get you a new contract" "I appreciate that Chris thank you very much." I spend the rest of the afternoon interviewing and having a new contract wrote up for Tony. I'm so tired now though but still got to find a hotel, book the course and means of travel for first aid course. I find a nice hotel, I hire a car for them right that's breakfast and tea sorted for them now I'm thinking up to £10 for lunch which they can claim back so that's 5 people booked on the course. Time definitely got away from me and a FaceTime comes through on the computer "hi my love" "hi baby are you still at work?" "Ermmm yes" "what time is it?" "I don't know what time is it in Seattle?" "7.50pm" "ohhhh then it is 3.50am here" "WHAT!" "Time got away from me" "where is Bella?" "Fast asleep on her bed. How was your flight?" "Good but baby you need to go home" "I will my love I promise, what's yous doing tonight?" "Going to have an early night I think" "yeah me too" "very funny, right I'm going to let you go home and you are going home like right now" "ok ok I'm going home and later on I will work from home after a good sleep" "good, I love you" "I love you too Leah text me later ok" "I will." We hang up and I close everything down locking up the gym. I take Bella for a quick walk when we get home I don't know who ran to bed faster me or her but as soon as my head hits the pillow I am out of it.