The first meeting

Xander has had to come live with us earlier than expected as there was an issue with his foster home. Not that me and Leah cared about that it got harder and harder every time he had to leave. But now he is home with us where he should be. We decorated his bedroom and bought him all new furniture and filled his wardrobe with new clothes. We wanted every thing to be perfect for him. Xander hasn't met anyone yet but he is meeting our parents today they have no idea that we have a son. Xander is currently eating his breakfast he has quite the hearty appetite "mummy?" "Yeah buddy?" "Where's mama?" "She's in the shower she will be down soon" "mummy?" "Yeah buddy?" "Me and Bella play?" "After your breakfast but we will play in the sitting room because it is raining." I kiss Xander on the head and head over to make mine and Leah's breakfast "mummy?" "Yeah buddy?" "What that?" "Mine and mama's breakfast" "but what?" "It's avocado buddy" "I try?" "You want to try?" "Yeah" "ok then" I give him a try "urgh yak" I have to laugh "that's a no then." Leah comes downstairs "what you laughing at?" "Xander just tried avocado and it was a no" "awww bubs did you not like it?" "No mama" "at least you tried it bubs." Leah kisses xanders head then comes over to me giving me a kiss "how's things been so far down here?" "Great he's a talker today keeps asking lots of questions so yeah doing really well."

Xander has days where he doesn't talk much but he has only been with us a week so he is still settling in. Once we are all finished eating we go into the sitting room and we are all playing with Bella. Xander and Bella have the best relationship she even sleeps on the bed with him they are so cute together honestly. I continue to play with Xander whilst Leah gets the door I pick him up and fly him around like an aeroplane and he is laughing "mummy make me plane."

~Leah's POV~
I answer the door to mine and Chris' parents "hi so erm me and Chris have a big surprise for yous" "what's that laughing Leah?" "Our surprise come on through." We walk to the sitting room and Chris is tickling Xander "no mummy stop" I see our parents look at each other in shock "mums and dads this is mine and Chris' son Xander." Chris stops tickling Xander and starts pointing at our parents "Xander this is mine and mamas mums and dads your grandparents" he cuddles right into Chris "it's ok buddy no one is going to hurt you I promise." I get our parents to sit down and they are yet to say something "come here bubs" Xander sheepishly comes over to me "this is grandma, grandpa, nana and grandad" "hello" it comes out like a whisper. "Hey big man how old are you?" Trust Kieth to make things easier "4" "4 Woww that's the best age" "how? When?" Mum is gobsmacked "we went to the adoption agency" "why now?" "We weren't expecting it to happen so soon we wanted to be put on the list but Xander needed his forever home isn't that right bubs" "you my mama" "I am bubs" "and that mummy" "and that's your mummy" I give him a kiss "so are yous actually going to say something?" "Give us a chance Chris this is a big bombshell yous have dropped on us" "he's not a bombshell mum he's my son, our son" "you know what I mean baby girl, but of course we are happy for yous" "he's coming on holiday with us aren't you buddy?" "We go on plane mummy make me plane." Chris picks Xander up again and is flying him around.

After 2 hours of playing Xander gets really tired so has his morning nap of course with Bella cuddled up to him on the sofa. "Girls he is gorgeous and so adorable, do you mind us asking what his background is?" "His dad left at birth and mum turned to drugs, the neighbour hadn't seen him in a while and his mum kept leaving him in the house by himself so they phoned the police when they went in he was in a nappy that hadn't been changed in days, his skin was a mess because of it, he was seriously malnourished" "omg bless him" "he didn't have the best start in life." Chris takes my hand "but we are going to make sure the rest of his life is the best my love" "I know" "also yous are looking at our new ring bearer for the wedding." Xander starts waking up "hey buddy what you doing awake?" "Cuddles?" Chris goes over "you know who would love one of your amazing cuddles?" He shakes his head "your nana and grandma should I take you to them?" He nods so Chris picks him up and carries him over "who wants first cuddle?" "You go first Diane" "are you sure Amanda?" "Yeah" "well that means you get Bella because they are inseparable." Chris puts Xander in Diane's lap and she cuddles him in and Bella jumps on mums knee "how did this relationship start?" "On his first visit he was so scared and wouldn't talk so Chris asked him if he likes dogs and his face lit up. The first thing he learnt was cuddles and he started opening up from there" "how long has he been living with yous for?" "A week but we wanted to get settled with him first before introducing him to everyone" "we completely understand so what other things does he like?" "Oh erm he likes when I play guitar and sing to him, he loves playing football and watching his mama play, he is now an Arsenal fan" "of course wouldn't expect anything else" "he loves trains and trucks hense all of them in the toy box, he loves teddies and he is very cuddly" "he also loves your porridge with Nutella and fruit" Diane looks at us "I used to make that for you" "I know mum and now I make it for your grandson" "my grandson, my grandbaby, yous look so happy and yous have definitely made me so happy." I look at my dad "your yet to say something dad" "why now? Yous have your whole life a head of you, what about your career Leah?" "Nothing has changed there dad I still have my career" "but why now?" "Because life is fragile and who knows what will happen and if you not happy for us then leave" "Chris' seizure?" "Yes dad Chris' seizure so we aren't missing out on anything, Xander is the perfect little boy that completes our family" "then I am very happy for yous Leah and I can't wait to play football with my grandson."