Leah's week from hell

I can't go with Amanda to pick Leah up from camp I have an appointment with the hospital. Nothing to worry about just a check up. When I get back from the hospital I run a hot bath for Leah she will be home soon and I think I know what's wrong with her. After I run the bath I get some comfy clothes out for Leah and fill a hot water bottle getting her tablets ready. I hear my phone ringing so I run into the bedroom "hello" I can hear Leah crying in the background "hi sweetheart I'm going to need help Leah is having a massive flare up" "I thought that might be the case so baby I have your tablets ready, a hot water bottle, a bath ran and your comfy clothes ready to go" "thank you" she sounds so weak right now "Amanda how far away are you?" "10 minutes" "ok I will meet you outside" "ok see you soon" "bye." Just like I thought it was hopefully we can get her right in the day.

Amanda pulls up and I see Leah hunched over in the front seat. Seeing her like this breaks my heart Leah opens the door but I stop her from getting out gently picking her up and she just cries into my chest "a really bad flare up this time my love?" She just nods. I carry Leah upstairs putting her on the bed but Bella is going nuts "Bella no" she isn't listening but then this is the first time she has seen Leah in 2 weeks. Amanda comes in with Leah's bags "I will take Bella until you are feeling better Leah" "thanks mum." Amanda goes downstairs to get Bella's stuff sorted "let's get you in that bath baby." I help I say help I got Leah undressed wrapping her in a towel and carrying her to the bathroom. "Chris?" "I'll be out in a second Amanda just getting Leah in the bath" "ok no problem." I put Leah in the bath and kiss her head before going back into the bedroom "is everything alright Amanda?" "Yeah just to let you know I'm heading off now" "ok thank you for this Amanda" "you just take care of my daughter please" "always Amanda you know that."

Amanda goes home and I go back into the bathroom "how you feeling my love?" "A little bit better" "a little bit is better than no bit." After 10 minutes "can you help me out of the bath please" "of course baby" I pick Leah up and she cuddles right into me chuckling "oh you think that's funny?" "Yeah, wet t-shirt competition" "so glad I wore white my love" "me too." I put Leah down giving her a kiss before letting her get sorted "baby?" "Yes my love?" "I'm finished" "ok." I go into the bathroom and pick Leah up carrying her into the bedroom putting her on the bed. I put the hot water bottle under Leah's hoody and give her some tablets before changing my top and climbing on the bed "no cuddles?" "Of course my love just tell me where you want me" "open your arms" "ermmm ok." I open my arms and Leah climbs on me cuddling in "is that better?" "Yeah baby" "good." Leah falls asleep cuddled into my chest. Once I know she is fully asleep I gently put her on the bed then go downstairs to cook some food. When I'm done I go back upstairs and Leah is still asleep so I wake her up "nooo baby" "I need you to eat something my love or it will make the pain worse" "ok but then can I sit back on you like earlier that was really comfortable" "of course my love anything you need."

After we finish eating I put the tele on and Leah sits back on me cuddling into my chest where she falls asleep again. This is going to take some time before she starts feeling better.

A couple of hours later Leah is still asleep on me but with the heat coming out of Leah accompanied by my own body heat I am dying here. Every time I try to move Leah she starts to wake up burying her head into my chest. What the hell do I do? I feel Leah's forehead and she is red hot so I feel her back and again red hot. I start taking her hoody off her "nooo" "baby you are burning up" "but.." "baby I love you but it's coming off." I take the hoody off and Leah cuddles back in.

The next day Leah is still in very much the same way "Chris?" "Yeah baby?" "Can we go downstairs please?" "Of course my love do you need me to carry you?" "Please if you don't mind" "of course not baby." I pick Leah up and carry her downstairs getting a fresh hot water bottle "do you need anything else my love?" "No I'm alright thank you" "right I will be just next door I have a meeting with Tony he will be here in 5, just shout if you need me" "ok thank you baby."