Time to open the gym

I wake up early and go in the shower before getting ready. I put Bella's food down then start making my breakfast when I feel arms go around my waist "why are you up so early baby?" "Because I have to open the gym and switch everything on, hold a staff meeting and catch up on some work I should only be a couple of hours" "can I come?" "Are you sure?" "Yeah I really want to see everything" "then get ready my love and I will let Bella out on the balcony." I got some artificial grass on the balcony for Bella whilst she is still in training and she is doing so well.

Once Leah is dressed and we have breakfast I drive us to my gym. It's strange driving in a cast but I did it. I open the gym and turn the alarm off  then Leah comes in "so I already know this area is impressive what about the rest?" "Follow me upstairs my love and I will show you the main gym, the spin room and the quiet gym" "the quiet gym?" "Yeah when I was doing my research I saw a lot of people looking for an autism friendly gym actually I will show you that room first it's one of my favourites" "what does an autism friendly gym entail?" "Let me show you" we go upstairs to the far end room "so I had this absorbent floor fitted so it is firm but" I pick up and dumbbell and drop it "when you drop something there is no noise then the lighting is different if you can tell they aren't fluorescent lights they are softer" "oh yeah" I laugh "you will be able to tell more when we go to the main room, also there is no music in here and the walls are soundproofed" "do you get many people?" "Yeah but we don't have more than 10 people in here at 1 time so we do 8 1 hour sessions a day so that way it gives us time to clean it and air it so we don't have overwhelming smells" "what are your opening hours?" "7am-9pm" "that's long hours" "I know but it means people who are working who like to work out. So I need to hire another 2 receptionist, 4 more trainers, 1 more site manager and a business manager, I have an interview this week for a trainer, I have applications to go through for  a receptionist and yeah lots of work still to do." Leah stands in front of me giving me a hug "you might still have lots to do baby but you have already done so much and I'm so proud of you this place is amazing and the fact you have an autism friendly room as well, who thinks of things like that?" "Someone who felt like an out cast with no one to turn to and nowhere to feel normal until evolution. Come with me I will take you to the main gym and then start up my computer. We go into the main gym and I switch all the machines back on then go into the office turning my computer on. "How did it get so successful so quickly?" "I hired a promoter who splashed the name everywhere and god knows where else he promoted it. People like the idea of being in a gym that's owned by a vet" "a vet?" "Yeah you know veteran ex military" "ohhhhhh I was going to say you have been busy" I have to laugh "your so cute when you have your moments" "what moments?" "Your cute little blonde moments" "did you just call me blonde?" Leah goes to walk away put I pull her back onto my knee "I think you'll find I called you cute" I give Leah a kiss "knock knock" "oh hi Catherine I wasn't expecting anyone for another half an hour" "I know I wanted to come see you before everyone arrived" "your too sweet, Catherine this is my very beautiful girlfriend Leah, Leah this is Catherine she's the one who keeps me sane" "it's nice to meet you Catherine" "you too Leah, has Chris told you she's replacing me" "oh my god I'm not replacing you I'm hiring a 2 more receptionists who will be working under you and working the way you work the way you've got everything set up, you will train them" "see replacing me" Leah laughs "the women in my life will be the end of my sanity I tell you" "Oi" Leah hits me in my arm "ow there was no need for that" "Chris what happened to your arm" "I will let you all know when everyone else arrives."

Leah and Catherine sit talking whilst I catch up on some emails "oooo" "what you ooooing for?" "A potential trainee for you Catherine" "no Chris" "Catherine I need someone to work when your not you need days off and I need someone to man the desk when your not here" "but.." "Catherine please I'm not trying to replace you I am just trying to make sure my business stays a float and if I have staff overworked and becoming ill and I have to close then what am I supposed to do? The trainers aren't showing this resistance and I'm hiring 4 of them at present might even have to be more, then we have sammy he is not mad at me for hiring another site manager, Catherine you were the first person I hired and that makes you my most valued member of staff." The rest of the staff arrive "hi all hope yous all had a good christmas and new year I'm just going to get straight back into it, so I'm hiring more staff 4 trainers, 2 receptionists another site manager and looking at the state of the place right now 2 cleaners. Because it's January there is a high chance that we will have a high joining rate but we will not be pushing ourselves to the edge of the cliff. Anyone get any questions so far?" "Who is that gorgeous woman in your office?" "That gorgeous woman Tony is my gorgeous girlfriend so eyes off everyone" "what did you do to your arm?" "Ah right yes that brings me on to my next topic so I was in an accident after Christmas" Leah shouts from the office "IT WASN'T AN ACCIDENT!" "YES THANK YOU" "fine I was run over my a drunk driver and have a broken wrist and a concussion so obviously not training for a while but I will be carrying on with the P.T sessions but may need some help in showing new things if yous don't mind" "of course anything to help" "thank you now before we open and 2 hours can we give this place a clean, remember client targets, client success, if they win, we win."