The first physio session

It's been 2 months my chest aches now and then my arm is fully healed so I'm on crutches now and today is that dreaded first physio session. I'm scared again not of the pain or the work ahead but Leah is coming with me she is unbelievable honestly I love that woman so much. Every time I say no she just says through thick and thin. "You ready to go baby?" "As ready as I'll ever be" "come on then mum is waiting downstairs for us" "why is your mum coming again?" "She has a bigger car so you can be comfortable" "that's right yeah." We get down to the car "hi sweetheart how you feeling?" "Really nervous I know it's going to be painful" "it will be but think of the long run and how it will be worth it" "I know."

We arrive at the hospital now the nerves fully kicked in. I'm sitting in the waiting room playing with my sleeves and picking at my fingers, Leah sees this and takes my hand I manage to give her a small smile. We wait for what seems like an eternity "miss Christina Taylor" I just sit there "baby it's time to go" "Miss Christina Taylor" "can you just give us a second please" Leah crouches in front of me "I'm here every step of the way baby I love you." I give her a quick kiss then stand up and hobble towards the room I was called into "sorry about that I'm nervous" "don't worry about it I understand I've read your file and you have every right to feel nervous, we have a long road to ahead of us but I will remain your physiotherapist through this whole journey, my names vicky and today we are going to adjust the brace a couple of degrees and start getting that knee moving again we will start gradually until we get to a full bend ok?" "Erm yeah" "ok do you want to change into your shorts?" "They are on under my joggers" "fantastic well if you would like to remove your trousers for me" "don't tell my girlfriend that." Vicky laughs and I take my joggers off "ok hop up on the bed" "wow you move fast you haven't even bought me dinner yet" Vicky laughs again "I can see your going to be trouble" "yeah I use humour when I'm nervous or anything like that" "well if we have to keep you nervous to get you through this that's what we will do, just don't tell my husband." I jump up on the bed and she pulls my file out "right so see your ruptured and tore muscle in your knee. Jesus you were shot 3 times what were you doing?" "I was protecting my girlfriend and her team from terrorists" "I see that you are military" "was I'm taking medical discharge" "I'm sorry to hear that" "thanks" "right can you lie down and hold the handles above so that way if it hurts you can squeeze them" "yep got it." I lie down and and hold the handles above my head "right Christina I'm going to start bending your knee we will not go to full extension" "Okie doke." As soon as she starts bending my knee the pain is intense "how long ago did you do this?" "3 months ago" I manage to get out through gritted teeth "how come we had to wait so long to start this?" "I had a bullet wound in my chest and arm" "that makes sense then, your knee is so stiff" "ahhh fuck yeah I know" "your doing great Christina" "ahhhh, doesn't fucking feel like it."

~Leah's POV~
Me and mum are sitting outside the room and I can hear her crying out. "Mum" "I know baba I know" I rest my head on mums shoulder holding back my tears I want to take her pain away. "Miss Williamson" "yeah that's me" "we need you to come in Christina is struggling and she has asked for you and your mum" I look at my mum and she gives a smile and a nod and we head into the room. Chris is lying on the bed with her head in her hands crying "hey baby" I sit at the top of the bed where Chris' head is and stroke her hair "I can't do this Leah" "you can baby your so strong I love you so much" "Christina you didn't tell me that your girlfriend is Leah Williamson" "you didn't ask plus you were too busy torturing me" "torturing you would I get information out of if I needed it" she starts bending Chris' leg again "grrrr yes 100%" "and if I said I was taking your girlfriend home?" Wait wtf is happening? Chris let's out a little laugh "I'd fight you to the death" "dually noted" "baby Vicky was hitting on me earlier first she told me to take my pants off then told me to get on the bed" I realise humour Chris' way of coping with things. "Oh really well I may have to kick her arse" "ok that would be hot to see" "uh hum" "sorry Amanda ahhh fuck" I kiss the top of her head "what can I do to make you feel better?" "I can't say" her teeth are gritted tight "and why not?" She lets out a breath "your mums in the room" we all have to laugh.

This goes on for half an hour and by the end Chris is exhausted. "Ok Christina we are all done here so we will continue next week" "oh boy I can't wait" she is so sarcastic honestly "so I have adjusted your brace you have very slight movement in it so keep that up to stop your knee from seizing again" "will do" "we will also work on applying a little weight next week" "ok thank you see you next week." We head to the car and I sit in back with the Chris "how are you feeling?" "Sore and very tired" "when we get home have some painkillers and have a lie down" "maybe" "no you will" "ok yes boss." We get home and I give Chris some tablets then when she lies down she is out of it within seconds. I hate seeing her like this I really do. After a couple of hours Chris wakes up "I'm just going to have a shower" "ok baby" "you could always join me" she winks at me. "Stop being naughty and go have your shower" "fine." When she is finished she comes out into the kitchen I'm stood at the sink washing dishes. She comes up behind me and starts kissing my neck "mmm w..what do y..you think your d..doing?" She turns me around and starts kissing me getting closer to me deepening the kiss both of us fighting for dominance that's until I put my hand on her chest to stop her, "what? What happened?" "I don't think this is a good idea" "what?" "Just you know with your knee and that" "yeah no I get it" she goes to leave "Chris wait please let me explain" "explain what Leah I get it I mean why would you want to just look at me. You know what it doesn't matter" "it's not like tha.." she shuts the bedroom door. "Chris please" "leave me alone Leah."

I sit in the sitting room for a little bit but she doesn't come out of the room. I decide to phone Emily "hey Leah how did it go today" "erm I need your help please" "why what's happened?" I can't help but cry "Leah your scaring me" "today went as well as it could of but you know lots of pain then when she got home she slept" I take a deep breath "Leah what happened?" I realise it sounds bad for me it is but Emily not "Chris is fine health wise I'm sorry I should have said that first but she won't speak to me" "why?" "So when she got up from her sleep she had a shower and was in the mood if you catch my drift" "the mood?" There is a slight silence "oooohhhhh that mood right go on" "she tried to start something with me but all I could see was the pain she was in today and stopped it and now she thinks it is because she has been shot and I don't want to" "have you tried explaining this to Chris?" "She won't let me" "ok try whilst I'm on the phone I'll be able to tell what's going on by her tone" "ok." I go to the bedroom and knock on the door "Chris" I go in "thought you would of went home by now" ouch that hurt "no I'm not going home because I'm already home. Home is where you are" "if you say so" "Chris before let me explain please" "I don't want to talk about it and I don't need your pity Leah. In fact I can see you resenting me for being trapped here so I think you should go home" how could she think this "I don't resent you or anything that happened here how could you think that?" "LOOK AT ME LEAH!! I'M OBSOLETE NOW I'M NOTHING" "you're not nothing" "just go please."  I leave the bedroom "what do I do Emily?" "Stay there I'm on my way" "what's going on?" "She's struggling with what happened it has nothing to do with you Leah in fact if you leave now it will make things worse" "ok I will see you soon Emily" "see you soon Leah." Now I just have to wait i try to hold back the tears but I can't so I sit crying into my hands when Emily eventually comes in "Leah?" "I'm in the sitting room" she comes in and gives me a hug "should we go sort our girl out?" "Yes please" we go into the bedroom and Chris looks up from the bed "what are you's doing here?" I stand in silence "Leah is here because she loves you and I'm here to sort you out" "whatever" "don't whatever me Chris you don't think I know what your doing?" "Come on then Emily enlighten me" "your struggling and taking it out on Leah" "Leah can do better anyway" "it's Leah's decision not yours plus both me and Leah that's not true" "bullshit" she sits up now she looks angry "oh it's bullshit is it" "yeah it is" "and how do you come to that conclusion clever clogs?" "LOOK AT ME EMILY!" "WE ARE LOOKING AT YOU CHRIS AND YOUR ONLY BEING LIKE THIS BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE WHO YOU ARE RIGHT NOW" "leave me alone" "we've gotten to it haven't we you don't like you right now so no one else is allowed to." Chris lies back down crying "what's to like?" My turn to step in so I sit beside her placing my hand on her cheek "what's not to like in fact I don't like a thing about you I love everything about you" "I'm sorry Leah I'm so sorry please don't go home this is your home." "I'm going nowhere Chris I promise I'm in this all the way" "I love you Leah" "I love you too." She pulls me onto the bed holding me and I just cuddle into her "my work here is done" me and Chris let out a laugh "thanks emz" "hey any time I get to shout at you is a pleasure of mine. Now you crazy love birds have fun I have a date" she quickly runs out of the room "she knows she is dead for that one hence why she ran" "you's 2 are too funny together."