The first week

~Leah's POV~
The first week has been full of training and as promised to Chris I have really enjoyed it. I miss Chris but we text every break I have and phone her every night. We get no privacy at all because as soon as I phone her G (Georgia Stanway) who I'm sharing a room with sends a message out to a different group every night that states that my 'Hottie' is on the phone. Me and G have been friends since we were kids as well as Kiera Walsh so on the first night I introduced them when we FaceTimed. But now the story of Chris' heroics have been spread around camp, so it's safe to say Chris has met nearly everyone at camp. I have asked G to give us some privacy tonight but whether that happens is a different story. It's not because of anything dirty it is just so we can talk everyone overtakes our conversations and it's the only thing pissing me off about camp. Don't get me wrong I love the fact the girls love Chris but it's a bit much I see her struggle at times but other than that camp has been amazing. We practice everyday I feel my own personal skills progressing, the team as a whole is gelling well together. We fly out to France in a weeks time but I have a day off in a couple of days so Chris is coming to visit we are spending the full day together so I have said the girls get a maximum of 10 minutes then we are going out.

It's nearly time for Chris to phone me I'm so excited I get to tell her what we did in training and also find out how her physio is going. G walks in the room "I just need a shower then I'm going downstairs" "thanks G I appreciate it." G goes into the bathroom just as Chris FaceTimes me "hi baby" "hey my love you look happy tonight" "G is just having a quick shower then going downstairs" "sooo I get you all to myself tonight then?" "That you do" "great let me know when she is gone so you can lock the door and get naked" I have to laugh it's a good job I have my headphones in "and why would I be doing that?" "Because you're fucking gorgeous" "oh really and what do I get?" Before I know it Chris is sat there with no top on and just her sports bra and I am just staring. "Baby.. Leah!" "Shit sorry yeah?" "Do you get to bring your England kit home after the tournament?" "Yeah why?" "Just wondering because of how much fun we are going to have" again I have to laugh and G comes out of the bathroom "what you laughing at?" "Oh nothing" "HI CHRIS" "tell her I said hi please" "Chris said hi." G gets ready then heads out "so gorgeous tell me about training" "it was so much fun today we had some mini games but I can feel myself progressing everyday that I'm here." Chris is smiling from ear to ear "why are you smiling at me like that?" "Because you're glowing with happiness and confidence" this makes me smile "what about you how's physio?" "Yeah it's going good no more pain now" "I'm so happy to hear that, what have you been doing?" "Mainly strengthening my knee" "have you been out at all the last couple of days?" "I know what your doing my love and I'm fine I promise I haven't been far but I'm just a little tired from physio is all these 2 sessions a week are being a little bit of a killer but yes I've been out" "I just care is all" "I know my love but I want you to be having fun not worrying about me. Plus I'm coming to see you in 2 days" "I can't wait to give you a big hug" "a kiss better be included in that" "goes without saying baby, so what's the plans tonight?" "Movie and an early night. Are you joining the girls downstairs?" "Yeah probably but I don't want you to go just yet" "I know my love but you need to be spending time with the team and I will speak to you tomorrow and see you on Sunday" "I know I can't wait" "right baby you go and have fun and I will speak to you tomorrow ok?" "I will text you before bed you mean" "of course my love how dare I forget that" "I love you Chris and I will speak to you soon" "I love you too Leah speak soon." We hang up and I go downstairs to join the other girls in the games room.

~Chris' POV~
After we hang up I instantly feel guilty. It's not that I'm lying to Leah I'm just not being fully honest with her. And the truth is I am struggling big time, I've hardly left the house I barely sleep and the biggest truth of all is I need help. Struggling with my mental health for a long time I notice when I need help and now is that time. I've even been tempted to contact Emily but then I think fuck here she fucking ditched me so now my question is who do I ask? I decide to bite the bullet and make the call "hello sweetheart is everything alright?" "Hi Amanda Ermm yes and no" "what does that mean Chris? What's going on?" "Erm well everything's fine physically actually can I tell you in person? Can I come to yours?" "Of course I will come get you" "no no it's fine I have a way of getting to you" "only if your sure" "I'm sure" "ok I will see you soon." I hang up and get ready phoning a taxi. I spend the taxi just listening to music on my phone until I arrive in Milton Keynes. Now that was an expensive taxi journey. When I get out of the taxi Amanda is stood at the door "a taxi? That was your way of getting here?" "Yeahhhh I needed time to think on what I need to say" "your worrying me Chris come in and we will talk." I go in and sit in the sitting room "right Chris what's going on? Is everything alright with Leah? Is everything alright with you and Leah?" "Yeah I not long ago spoke to Leah she is beaming right no, and everything is fine between us I promise it's just I'm ermmm struggling" "what do you mean struggling?" "I'm erm barely leaving the house and barely sleeping and I keep getting stuck in my own head. I keep having these thoughts on how I'm not good enough and telling me that I need to just leave permanently if you get what I mean" "have you spoke to Leah about this?" I sit with tears rolling down my face shaking my head "can I ask why?" "I want her to enjoy this tournament it's not that I won't tell her just once the World Cup is over." "Right so here's what's going to happen we are going to get you to see someone but you're staying here no arguing. But I'm not going to lie to Leah" "you don't have to I'm going to tell her I have struggled a little bit when I see her and now I'm being forced to stay with you because you really don't have to have me here" "we do and we are so come on let's go to yours and we will pack a bag I will tell Jacob and David the plan and you can have Leah's room" "are you sure this is ok?" "Of course sweetheart come on let's go get your stuff."

We head back to the flat and I pack a bag, it's going to be so strange to sleep in Leah's childhood bed without her being with me. I've stayed a couple of times at the Williamson house but never by myself. Once I have everything we head back to Milton Keynes and I've asked if it is ok if I can just spend the night upstairs I think I need a little bit of an adjustment period. It hits 9pm and that's when I get the text that always puts a smile on my face.
Leah - hi baby how's your night been? Xx
Me - hello my love it's been an interesting one that's for sure. How's your night been? Xx
Leah - care to explain? Yeah good we played some basketball had some friendly tournaments xx
Me - I will tell you on Sunday I promise. I'm so happy your having fun baby I really am xx
Leah - is it anything bad? What you need to tell me xx
Me - No my love it is nothing bad so please don't stress yourself out xx
Leah - Ok I promise I'm not dressed xx
Me - Wtf?
Leah - Stressed I'm not stressed fucking auto correct omg it has me in stitches xx
This women is lucky I love and trust her time to have some fun
Me - Your not dressed and I'm not with you this is an absolute outrage xx
Leah - I am dressed trust me I'm certainly dressed G is in the room xx
Me - 😱😱😱😱 G is in the room with you undressed. I knew you would forget about poor old me with you being all big and famous now xx
Leah - Sorry who is this again? Xx
Me - 🤣🤣🤣🤣 the person who loves you most in the world xx
Leah - Ahhhh yes the love of my life. Right baby I need to go to sleep it's an early training session tomorrow xx
Me - ok my love sleep well and I will speak to you tomorrow xx
Leah - Goodnight baby 😘😘 xx
Me - Goodnight my love 😘😘 xx