The appointment and the first visit

It's the day of the appointment with the adoption clinic. Leah is letting me do a fazed return to work 2 hours twice a week no meetings with 2 hours working from home once a week. I'm only allowed to do light workouts I keep maintaining I'm fine and not to worry now to which the response is always the same 'you're my wife it's my job to worry.' As soon as she says this I get giddy but today is one of the days I get to go into work. Thank god I think sitting at home waiting for this would make the day go by very very slow.

I arrive at the gym and the staff are being rather pleasant for the first time in a while. I decide to head up to the main gym to see Tony "Chris what you doing in today?" "Just keeping busy how's things going here?" "Yeah good look at these new stats." I go through looking at the joining rates we are basically at full capacity. Then I look through people's interest in becoming staff "wow these are awesome" "I know but I was thinking about this competition" "what about it?" "I want you to train me like military so I can take your place, you have to admit Leah is probably going to seriously object to you doing it" "yeah you may have a point, ok I will train you" "yes I've been wanting to ask for a while" "why didn't you just ask then?" "Because Leah's scary" "you got that right mate" "uh hum." We turn around and Leah is stood there "heyyyy baby love of my life" she gives me the I heard you look "you know my love you look sooooo beautiful today doesn't she tone" "oh yeah gorgeous" "uh huh you ready to go?" "Me of course my love come on."

We get in the car and head to the adoption centre "how are you feeling about this?" "Nervous and excited I mean what if I'm a shit mum Leah" "baby your not going to be a shit mum" "how do we know that Leah I was a dick as a kid no one wanted me and when one person did I pushed her away." Leah pulls over taking my hand "Chris you aren't going to be a shit mum I know your not baby you care too much for that. Baby you're going to be the best mum I know you are." I give Leah a kiss "thank you my love" "anytime baby should we continue?" "Yes please."

We arrive at the adoption centre and a older gentleman comes and greets us "hi I'm Paul the social worker assigned to your case" "hi I'm Leah and this is my wife Christina" "please call me Chris" "should we go along to my office?" "Yes please." Leah takes my hand and she must feel my shaking because she gives my hand a gentle squeeze. We reach the office and sit down and he pulls out a file "this is the file that has all of our emergency cases in" "we are just a catalogue for people to pick from?" "We?" "Sorry Chris was a foster child herself and found herself in lots of homes" "sorry I've never seen this side of it before" "I fully understand mrs Williamson we find this happens quite a bit with people who were in care themselves. Were yous after a specific gender?" "Oh erm no I'm not bothered about gender, what about you baby?" Leah is shaking her head "no" "well we have a little boy who has not long come to us he is 4 years old just gone, his dad left at birth and his mother turned to drugs. He was found in a state" "ok" "we need to find him a permanent home would yous be interested?" I look at Leah and she has a beaming smile on her face "how would it work?" "So he would come for a couple of supervised visits, then some unsupervised visits following that would be a sleep over or 2 and if yous are compatible then yous would take full custody." Leah looks at me and I know what she is thinking I can see it in her eyes "when would the first visit take place?" "Well we can do Monday next week if yous are alright with that?" "I can do Monday how about you my love?" "I can certainly do Monday it's the day after the game so we are off anyways" "fantastic I will have him brought over around 10?" "Sounds perfect but can I ask what his name is?" "It's xander" (pronounced zander) "omg I love it" "he has blonde hair and blue eyes" "just like you my love" "I can't wait thank you so much" "no thank you for thinking adoption."

We go for some tea "baby we need to go shopping" Leah looks confused "what do you mean baby?" "We need to get the little man some toys and some drinks and snacks" "oh god you're right" "how do you feel about going tomorrow after you finish training?" "Sounds perfect baby I can't believe we meet our potential son on Monday" "just a couple of days my love, I hope he likes dogs maybe that's something we should of asked" "baby stop stressing everything will go perfect." Once we finish eating we go home to half of the Arsenal team at the door "where the bloody hell have yous been?" "Out what's the matter with that meado?" "It's freezing that's what's the matter with that" "you know you have your own house Beth" "but yours is so much more fun" "mhmm come on then you lot I know it's only because I put that fancy coffee maker in for yous" "and you make the perfect coffee with it Chris" Steph kisses my cheek before going inside and Leah looks at me "what I did nothing?" "Mhmm it's a good job I love and trust you isn't it." I pull Leah close "no one for me other than you my beautiful wife" I kiss Leah "omg would yous hurry and close the door and put the heating on" "Ermm Beth this is our house" "I know why do you think I haven't put the heating on yet?" I roll my eyes then go in putting the heating on then start the coffee machine up.