The party

What the fuck! "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" "Omg what the?" Leah puts her arm behind my back and I look at her "you did this?" "I may of hand some help" Emily comes towards me "you's are so naughty" I give Emily a hug then Leah a kiss "get a room Chris!" "Got one McCabe just need to Chuck you all out" everyone laughs. I walk into the room or hobble into the room even and start greeting people. Leah even got some of the England girls here and that I mean her best friends Kiera and Georgia then there is Lucy Kiera's partner they are all very nice. Then I see my platoon and in that moment I realise just how much I have missed them I am heading towards them when there is a tap on my shoulder so I turn around "hi mum" I give her a hug "hello baby girl but I am not alone" "what do you mean?" "Hello dear" I turn around "no fffffricken way Gloria and Jeremy." Gloria and Jeremy are Kats parents and were basically a second lot of parents to me "so does that mean Kats here too?" "I certainly am and so is Freya" "I'm so happy you are all here. Come with me I want to introduce yous to some people" we go over to my platoon "it's so good to see you up and about Chris it was very touch and go for some time" "it's nice to see you boss I want to introduce yous to my family, this is my mum Diane, my very best friend Kat and her girlfriend Freya and this is her parents Jeremy and Gloria" "Sarge your mum is dead remember you literally punched the fuck out of me for talking about them" "and I'll do it again if you come out with anything like that again Daniel's what is wrong with you honestly I know your thick as fuck but you can't honestly be that stupid can you?" "I'm Chris' foster mum" "no your my mum nothing any less than that" "ok sorry" "anyways this is the boss captain James and this is Georgie, fingers, dickhead and Poff, and Poff you showered today well done mate" I ruffle his hair and we all laugh "the boss made me" "I'm glad your hear mate honestly I've missed sharing a living space with you?" "Really?" "Well kind of when your not stealing my bed and sleep walking" "I'm glad your alright Chris" "so captain James" "please call me Charlie" "ok Charlie what has my daughter been like for the last 5 years" I gulp "well I had to kick her arse all over for the first year then a model soldier who anyone would have been proud to serve alongside" I am smiling "always a pleasure to run into battle with you too boss" "you know I knew about you and Leah" "what? No erm" "Chris it was obvious you got yourself into trouble for her that was the first sign, then the other signs like the way yous looked at each other when the wasn't looking and when yous did catch each others eyes" "erm I erm boss" "Chris honestly it's fine you deserved to have some fun I didn't care" I feel arms snake around my waist "hi my love" "hi baby are you having fun?" "Certainly am" "miss Williamson nice to see you again" "you too sir" "can I catch up with you all soon just got to go mingle" "yeah go for it we're going to tell your mum some stories" "oh Jesus Christ" "come on you let's leave these to tell stories." Me and Leah walk towards the rest of the guests "baby I think you need to get this party started" "what do you mean" "with a speech" "a speech really?" "Yeah then you don't have to constantly thank people for coming" I sigh "fine." We go over to the dj and he gives Leah a mic "can I have everyone's attention please we are going to have a couple of words from the birthday girl herself" I shake my head as Leah hands me the mic "Ladies, gentlemen, Katie" everyone laughs "very funny" "I know anyways I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has come tonight and to Leah who organised this" I hear fake coughing from crowd "yes I know Emily how could I forget you and that big mouth" "rude" "anyone who knows me knows I don't usually celebrate my birthdays but this year I have been forced to and I am so grateful I was my day has been full of everyone I love most so if Katie can come up here a second" "me? Why?" "You'll see" Katie comes over to me "with this I say let's party" I bop Katie's nose "boop" "fuck sake Chris" me and Leah burst out laughing. The music starts and everyone starts dancing and drinking. I spend a lot of time sat at the back not trying to be rude of ignorant but I can put my leg up it's a little sore. I am sitting waiting for my painkillers to kick in talking with my mum and Kat and everyone I have so much catching up with them to do. I feel the ease starting in my leg so I seize my opportunity. I ask the dj to put I'll stand by you by girls aloud on the take Leah's hand "what are you doing?" "Dancing with the woman I love" I twirl Leah then pull her in close and start dancing with her "what about your knee?" "The pain tablets are working so I'm taking this opportunity to dance with you" "have you enjoyed yourself?" "It's been the best birthday I've ever had baby thank you so much" I give Leah a kiss then rest my head on hers.

~Amanda's POV~
I'm standing with David and Diane just watching Leah dance with Chris watching your daughter be this happy is all a parent could ask for. I turn to Diane "your daughter put that smile on my daughters face" "your daughter brought my daughter back into my life I have never seen Chris this happy ever" "safe to say we both got lucky with our daughters" "I agree, thank you for being there during her physio Amanda and when she was struggling" "Chris is the sweetest woman and she treats Leah so well did they tell you about France?" "France? No what about France?" "Leah was recently in the World Cup and Chris stayed out there for the whole month going to every match" "she is so different from how she used to be I always thought she hated me" "definitely not there was one physio session she had and she was crying she had tight hold of my hand with Leah at her said saying how she missed you and wanted you with her." I see Diane tear up and give her a hug "you know one day this might be them on a wedding day" "what a beautiful wedding that would be." We finish watching our daughters dancing then go to the bar for a drink "do you know what Chris drinks? What kind of mother doesn't even know what her daughter drinks?" "A mother who's daughter ran out on her on their 18th birthday, but Chris doesn't drink when she is out and about she will have a coke though" "ok I will get these drinks in."

~Leah's POV~
All night I have watched Chris laugh with her friends and my friends I have been in awe of her all day but seeing her in her suit damn she so fucking sexy. Then she dances with me and we feel like one she whispers in my ear "you don't leave my side for the rest of the night, you've spent too much time away from me my love" "ok baby I will be by your side the rest of the night should we go see our mothers who seem to be getting a little bit tipsy together" "yikes come on then." We head over to our mums "hey you two what are yous up to?" "Just talking about the day we brought yous home, yous 2 looked beautiful out there" "thank you Leah does make me look better, and I can imagine that being 2 completely different experiences one very cute baby and one that could talk but wouldn't talk" "why would you not talk to me?" "Mum I just.." "baby girl it's fine you were in such a hard place" "just remember I've always loved you mum" "I know Christina here we got yous a drink" "what is it?" "Just a coke" "ok thank you." We sit down and talking Kat and Freya join us for a couple of hours before going home in fact everyone is starting to head out I think I see relief on Chris' face. To be fair it has been a long day for her it's the most she has since getting out of hospital. Our parents have gone home there is just me, Chris and some of the Arsenal girls left so we are sat laughing but I see Chris flagging even more "baby I think it's time to call it a night" "yes please I'm so tired I'm sorry guys" "don't be sorry we're just glad you enjoyed your night, we will see you soon though" "yeah I'll catch yous soon goodnight everyone." After saying goodbye we get a taxi home and when I say Chris passed out as soon as her head hit the pillow I'm not kidding I wasn't even ready for bed yet. This was the point I felt guilty for keeping her so busy today. Once I climb into bed Chris pulls me in for my cuddles and I fall asleep pretty quick myself.