Physio part 2

~Leah's POV~
I wake up and Chris is lying awake just staring at the ceiling "good morning baby" "good morning." It was a cold good morning like it has been for the last few days, we told my parents a few days ago that we moved in together properly. My mum was very happy for us my dad had a different reaction telling us we were moving too fast and it would never last. This caused a big fight between me and my dad and Chris has barely looked up from the floor since. She has questioned everything were we moving too fast, should she have asked me to move in with her, are we going to last, then she blames herself for me not speaking to my dad now. I keep telling her I will but I'm just not ready yet, this has had a massive impact on her and she was doing so much better going out daily just for a little bit. We kind of came to the conclusion she had no interaction with people for months then jumped in at the deep end forgetting how to swim. But this has sent her right back. I turn over and put my head on her chest "baby?" "Hm?" That's the only answer I really get now she doesn't speak to me much she is right beside me but never felt so far away, I miss her. "Will you look at me please?" She looks down her eyes look empty like there is no life in them, the sparkle has gone. "Are you regretting us?" "No" "that didn't sound too convincing" "I'm not I promise, but I'm the reason your not speaking to your dad" "baby your not the reason at all, he's the reason for the way he reacted and spoke to you" "baby he loves you he's always going to protect you" a tear forms in my eyes "that's the first time in days you've called me baby" this causes Chris to look away "I'm sorry" I pull her face towards me "no don't be" I kiss her "Chris I love you and my family love you my dad was just a tool the other day and once I've calmed down I will speak to him I promise" "ok I love you too Leah" "come on mum will be here soon to pick us up."

We get dressed then meet my mum at the car "hi sweetheart are you ready for this?" "Oh erm yeah" "baby what you doing get in the front" "no no it's fine I can get in the back you sit next to your mum." She slides in the back of the car this is breaking my heart I want to take all this away from her. I get in the passenger seat and my mum just gives me a look. We arrive at the hospital and me and my mum sit outside the room. "What's going on Leah?" "She's been like this since dad the other day she is questioning everything and doubting everything. She has had a major set back she barely looks up from the floor and hardly speaks. I want to kick his fucking arse" "don't worry Leah I will do that." After sometime we start to hear Chris cry out I put my hands over my ears "fuck sake can they not give her something for her pain before starting this." Vicky comes out "Leah Chris needs you and your mum" we get up and go in the room I sit at the top of the bed kissing Chris' head stroking her hair and my mum holds her hand. That's when Vicky starts bending Chris's knee further and Chris is crying out "Leah?" "Yeah baby?" "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I let what your dad say ahhhh affect me so much" she takes some breaths "I'm sorry I've not really spoke ahhhh fuck.. to you and been a moody arsehole ahhhh" she takes some more breaths "I miss my mum pssshhhhttttt I want to see her again. I want to ahhh no stop I need a minute" "ok Chris have a minute" "do you think I will be able to find her?" "Is this your foster mum?" "Yeah Diane" "we will find her baby I promise" "I love you Leah and I don't deserve you" "I love you Chris and you deserve more than I can give you" "lies" "you ready to start again" "no let's do it." The more Chris' knee has been bent the less pain she is in which is relief to my ears. We manage to distract Chris by talking to her but she keeps hold of my mums hand I couldn't imagine not having my mum in my life and Chris' birth mum died then she ran away from her foster mum. Imagine being so scared to have a family you run away from the one person who never gave up on you. "Can I take yous out for dinner?" "You want to go out?" "Only if yous want to" "mum?" "I would love to." "Right Chris I want you to stand up for me I've adjusted your brace for more movement I want you to try and put some weight on your leg just slight to start off with" "this is going to suck" "if it's too painful it means your not ready yet so take the weight straight off it ok" "ok." Chris puts her foot on the floor it looks like she is putting to weight on it "how does that feel?" "A touch uncomfortable but nothing too bad" "describe what you mean uncomfortable" "like sitting on your foot for a couple of hours then trying to stand on it" "yeah that's normal but remember your foot hasn't been on the ground in months so that leg is going to be quite weak so it's about gradually building the strength back up. Everyday I want you to do your leg bends and continue to put this amount of weight on it ok?" "Yes boss" "we are done for today and I will see you next week. The week after we will be going to 2 sessions a week, we have some ground to make up" "I cannot wait to re-enter the torture chamber next week" "as long as you enjoy it Chris that's all that matters" we all laugh.