Calling a friend

Narrator POV

„Babe please wait!! Where are you going?"
Lizzie asked as she walked up quick to catch up with Nora who was a bit further ahead.

„I need to take care of something." was everything Nora felt like sharing.

„Now at this time? It's getting dark outside what is it that can't wait till tomorrow? I don't want you to leave during a fight."

„We are not fighting." Nora replied surprisingly calm which made Lizzie worry even more.

„Please can you just stop for a fucking second and listen." Nora stopped getting ready and looked at Lizzie standing in the hallway.

„I phrased it wrong with not wanting a proposal."
She confessed.

„You clearly said no for starters. You phrased it clear enough for me." she replied as she was grabbing her keys to head out.

„I said no because of something else. The no wasn't meant for you or for the proposal. Kinda yes but I was only saying no because I am still technically married to Robbie."

„I get it. Just please can I go now? I need some time for myself. Don't stay up waiting on me." Nora replied mad as she opened the door to walk away.

„I will wait even if you tell me not to." Lizzie replied a bit louder since the distance between them started to grow. Nora stopped and turned her head to the side replying with an „I know.." before walking off to her car.

„I know you will..." she replied quiet and walked off.

Lizzie followed her girlfriend outside stopping at the porch stairs with crossed arms. Nora got into her car starting the engine and as she drove off she put her seatbelt on not wanting to waste any time by being watched by Lizzie because she felt her eyes on her even tho she didn't looked into her direction.

A bark pulled Lizzie's attention to the ground beneath her seeing Chestnut stand there with a wiggling tale. „Don't look at me like that Chestnut." a whine followed by Lizzie's words.
„I know. I fucked up you don't need to remind me of that." she replied crushed.

Chestnut pressed her head against Lizzie's lower leg to give her a sign. „Calling me out that I messed up and now you want me to give you head rubs on top?" the golden retriever tilted her head. A move that she must've picked up from Lizzie.
„I can't resist you with those eyes. Come on let's go inside. I need some wine and I need to call a friend. And you will get some head rubs. Let's go."
She pat Chestnut and she followed eager jumping onto the couch.

„Hey Scar. I need to talk to you." Lizzie spoke up as Scar picked up the line. Lizzie kept on pouring herself a glass of wine.

„This doesn't sound good. What's up liz?"
Lizzie's closest friend replies.

„I messed up things between Nora and me."

„Oh Lizzie. Again?" Scar answered, sounding disappointed.

„Yes again. I don't know how to fix it this time. She didn't even care to fight it out. She just left."

„Do you know where to?"

„No she didn't tell me. She said she needed to take care of something."

„mhh maybe it's that contract thing babe."
Lizzie heard a second voice on the phone.

„What?" Lizzie asked.

„Nothing!! Babe can you zip it please. I'm sorry Liz. Cobie is a bit clingy." Scar apologized.

„Hey Cobie."

„Hii Lizzie. I would ask how things are going but i already have the answers to that." Cobie spoke up and Lizzie let out a sigh.