Plans

Narrator POV

„So I've been wanting to ask you something." Lizzie spoke up gaining Nora's attention as she was reading a book while sitting on the sofa.

„Hmm I'm listening." she answered as she still kept her eyes on the book.

„What were your wedding thoughts. Like do you have any wishes? Some sort of „dream" wedding?"
She asked and Nora placed her book aside stretching her arms out for Lizzie to sign her that she should join her on the sofa.

„To be honest I never thought I'd get married so I never really thought about it." Nora answered and Lizzie raised her head to look at her.

„None at all?" she asked surprised.

„If I can be honest with you-." Nora spoke up calmly.

„Absolutely you can, please." Lizzie reassured her fiancé.

„When I saw you on your wedding day, all my wishes and thoughts about a wedding or marriage in general turned into ashes." Nora confessed and this ripped up an old wound in Lizzie's heart.

„Because you wanted to marry me?" she asked Nora and she shrugged her shoulders.

„Not directly. I was in a deep dark place during that time. I was still forcefully with Victor. Robbie was on my neck wanting me out of the picture..
I wasn't thinking I'd want to marry you already during that time. But I had fallen for you head over heels and seeing you in that gown on that day walking down I realized I'd never have a wedding. And if I would have one it wouldn't be with you.
So I kinda erased that „wish" or „dream" or whatever you wanna call it on getting married."
A pressured silence feel between the two after Nora confessed her thoughts on old situations.

Lizzie had no words left to say at first. She doesn't want to say anything wrong. She can feel that Nora is still hurt in some way about it. But so is Lizzie too and that for a reason.

„Y'know I haven't had a quiet wedding night. Quiet as in I was tossing and turning around all night long. Because when we met in that bathroom where you were trying to hide your sobs, and how you hugged me so tight that day telling me „I wish you the best" I knew that something was gonna happen.
I knew from the moment I looked into your eyes you weren't feeling at ease. Not even close to feeling alright. But I didn't know it was that.
You never told me babe."

„It didn't accrued to me that I should have mentioned it. I'm sorry."

„Please don't apologize. I'm the one who should apologize. That I never went after you. I let you slip through my hands. I shouldn't have let that happen."

„It's okay. We are here now. Years later, you are in my arms and I wouldn't want it any other way. If someone would've told me that I'd have to live through this hell just to end up here with you I'd do it again and again and again."

„I love you babe!" as simple as it sounds it was more than just a simple sentence to Nora. Hearing it from her means the world to her and it takes her by surprise that she really feels it when she says it. She's heard a lot of „I love you" phrases. But hers just feel like a warm hug on a chiseled autumn morning.

„I love you too my love." is what Nora replied with and they kissed.

„We both have a bad connection to weddings right?" Lizzie asked after they stopped kissing.

„Sort off."

„Does this mean we shouldn't get married?" Nora added and Lizzie shook her head frantically.

„No we should absolutely get married. Maybe we just shouldn't make such a big deal out of it." Lizzie replied and Nora held in for a moment.

„Please. I've been looking at some small wedding locations. I just want to hear your thoughts. Before I got married, what was your dream wedding."
Nora smiled to herself before answering.

„I had it pictured in my head. My wedding would be at a lake house. It is a simple and decent location.
The lawn would be big enough to have space for an outdoor dance floor with the DJ and a bar as well as tables where we'd have dinner."

„It sounds beautiful."

„I want fairy's lights hanging above the place as well. No houses are around us so we can be as loud as we want. After our guests leave we jump into the lake to cool down. Swim a bit and go to into our shared bed." Lizzie looked at Nora the whole time while she was explaining to her how she wanted to get married.

„I know it's simple. It maybe even sounds like something out of a early 2000 romcom movie but-."

„It's beautiful babe. The most simple things are the most beautiful things sometimes. Mine was huge in a venue I didn't even get to chose-."

„Well if you didn't get to chose in your first marriage you can do it now. The wedding of my dreams is just an idea. You can totally decide. It is up to you. If you want we can even marry in Vegas."
Nora said it jokingly and she got hit with a pillow.

„Wow the way you said says it all. You are judgy about Vegas marriages."

„Don't get me wrong. Cosplay Elvis might be a good imitation. But I don't wanna get married under his hands."

„Well what if I do?" Nora went silent on that backfiring comment.

„I'm just kidding. You should she your face right now." Lizzie answered laughing hard.

„Your an ass you know that right."

„Oh come on. I was just messing around."

„If you want him so bad why don't you marry wanna be Elvis huh." Nora said it in a fake hurt way to exaggerate the situation and Lizzie hugged her tight showering her in kisses.

„I don't want an Elvis. I want you. Only you."

„Only me?"

„Only you. Exactly."

„You better." Nora replied cocky before biting Lizzie's lip which lead into a kiss.

„But getting back to the venue thing." Nora peaked further.

„I meant it when I said it is up to you. Mine was just an idea. You can decide and plan it if you want to."

„Are you saying that just so you don't have to go through that wedding organization stress?"
Lizzie asked doubtful.

„Pff no! Not at all." Nora exaggerated again and that made Lizzie raise a brow.

„I might decide on the venue. But babe, you better be prepared cause best believe we will both go through that organization stress."

„Why don't we just give that task to our partners?"

„You really want to get married under their control? Who knows what colors they will choose. Or who will be DJ." Lizzie replied worried and this didn't even have to sink into Nora's mind cause she realized that was a bad idea.

„Okay forget it. Never mind. We organize it and we can try to make the best out of it and turn it into positive stress."

...