Chapter 33

Shen Ruo didn't recognize the number, and it was a video communication. He hesitated and didn't seem to want to answer it, because Chu Xiao was still pressing him against the window so that no one could see it.

Because of the arrival of this phone call, Chu Xiao let go of Shen Ruo.

So Shen Ruo reached out to hang up the call. Even if Chu Xiao didn't suppress him, he still shouldn't answer calls from strangers easily.

When they came from Cross Planet, Shen Ruo had heard about a similar scam not long ago. Someone in the town where they lived was defrauded of a lot of money. This incident happened not long ago, so Shen Ruo's memory was still fresh.

Chu Xiao, who took a step back, didn't expect Shen Shuo to hang up the phone crisply. He could almost imagine the face of the person on the other side of the video.

He raised his eyes to look at Shen Ruo. Shen Ruo was wiping tears with the back of his hand. His eyes were red and swollen, and his expression was still confused and a little innocent. The number was marked with a stranger. Chu Xiao laughed softly.

After a few seconds, the communication rang again. Shen Ruo hesitated. Looking at the light screen that popped up, he didn't know whether to answer it. He thought that the scammer might not call a second time, or that he knew each other. If you have any urgent matter, come to him.

"It's my mother."

Chu Xiao's last two words seemed to have a different meaning, and his expression looked indifferent.

Shen Ruo raised his head and glanced at Chu Xiao. He suddenly became nervous, but after seeing Chu Xiao's expression, he knew why this was the case. Chu Xiao's mother was a stepmother, and many people knew this.

"Take it, pretend I'm not here."

Chu Xiao said and leaned against the wall opposite the bed, while Shen Ruo leaned against the window next to the bed, so the optical camera would not capture him.

Hearing what Chu Xiao said, Shen Ruo had no choice but to answer the phone. Because of the reason why he hung up the phone just now, Shen Ruo looked very uneasy.

"Good day, Duchess."

Shen Ruo's voice was small. He looked at the light screen and saw that his hair was messy and his ears were red. This was so rude. He stretched out his hand and smoothed it down quickly.

The woman in the light screen exudes mature charm and has gorgeous red lips.

"Shen Ruo?"

Wutiya's red lips were slightly open, and her voice sounded very sexy. The feeling of a mature woman was too strong, which made Shen Ruo even more nervous unconsciously.

"It's me, ma'am."

Shen Ruo looked timid. He was a little overwhelmed when he remembered that he had hung up the phone with the Duchess just now.

"Sorry ma'am, I didn't know it was you just now."

So Shen Ruo apologized to Wutiya in a low voice, feeling a little annoyed. If he knew it was the Duchess calling, he would not hang up.

"I want to talk to you today about Chu Xiao."

Wutiya ignored Shen Ruo's apology. She smiled lightly and her tone was soothing, but her irresistible attitude was very obvious.

Shen Ruo pursed his lips and said nothing, but he looked at Wutiya on the light screen and listened to her seriously.

"I don't like beating around the bush when I talk, so I just tell the truth. My son has never been easy to discipline. I believe you have seen it."