Chapter 14

Jungkook was chopping onion when he felt another presence in the kitchen. "Ah. Are you hungry? Give me a few more minutes. Dinner will be ready by then. Mm. Meanwhile, wait let me give you something to drink.", Jungkook took a cold drink from the refrigerator and gave it to Yeonjun. "Mm.. do you want me to help you?", Yeonjun asked hesitantly after taking the can of coke from him. "You want to?", Jungkook asked in surprise. He nodded slowly. "Then come. Mm here chop this. Be careful with the knife.", Jungkook gave onion and knife to him who nodded and started doing the assigned job.

When Taehyung came to the kitchen. He saw Jungkook marinating chicken, Yeonjun chopping something and Mia sitting on the counter with a can of flavoured yogurt. "I think there is no job left for me, right?", Jungkook smiled when he saw Taehyung. "Who told? See rice is waiting for you.", Jungkook said pointing at the rice cooker. "Oh. Okay then let me make something special.", he said.

In the next few minutes the kitchen was filled with the exotic aroma of different spices. Jungkook and Mia took their respective seats on the kitchen counter as the brothers  completely took over the kitchen and the induction. "Ahhh. Tae. No. Low the temperature, you will burn it.", Jungkook said rubbing his forehead in frustration. Taehyung gave him thumbs up and did the same. "Noooo.. don't put that much salt.", Jungkook screamed when he saw Taehyung taking a spoon of salt. "Move. I will do it.", Jungkook was stressed seeing the mess. "Here, drink this and you will feel better.", Yeonjun gave a glass of lemonade to him and Mia. Jungkook took a sip of it and gave a thumbs up to him. "It's almost done. Take each dish to the living room. We can eat there.", Taehyung said and gave bowls to Yeonjun and cutlery to Mia who walked to the living room with it.

", Taehyung said and gave bowls to Yeonjun and cutlery to Mia who walked to the living room with it

"Is it tasty?", Taehyung asked the boy who was holding a mouth full of lemonade. Jungkook nodded with puffed cheeks and pouty lips. "Let me try then.", Taehyung said and cupped Jungkook's cheeks with one hand and pressed his lips on his lips and squeezed his cheeks a little. He gulped down the juice which spilled out.from Jungkook's mouth. "Mm. Yummy.", Taehyung winked at the boy who was beating him here and there. "Don't do that. Kids are here.", Jungkook warned him. "Ehm. Is this also needed to be taken to the living room?", Taehyung moved from Jungkook when he heard Yeonjun and then nodded. Yeonjun took the dishes from the counter and looked at Jungkook who was staring at Taehyung angrily.

"Let it goooooo.. let it gooooo..", Taehyung and Mia were screaming at the top of their throats while watching the film. Jungkook was sitting on the floor by covering his ears with the hands and Yeonjun laughing. "I am afraid that we will be thrown out of the apartment tonight itself.", Jungkook said shaking his head. "Says who? It was not me. It was against you the residents said complaints.", the poor boy went silent immediately when thinking about how he sang for Taehyung one night, not night at 3.00am and next day the president of their association came to their home to ask Jungkook to not do it again as he was creating noise pollution.

After dinner, both the brothers washed the dishes as well giving complete rest to Jungkook, who smiled in content seeing Taehyung and Yeonjun interacting and being playful the whole evening.