Chapter 72

Jungkook's gaze darted back and forth between the doctor's nameplate and his husband as they sat in the waiting lounge. Taehyung flashed a wide, boxy smile when their eyes met by batting his eyelashes playfully.

"Kim Jungkook," the nurse called out, prompting both Taehyung and Jungkook to rise from their seats, as they made their way into the consultation room together.

"Jungkook, tell me," the doctor addressed him once they settled in the chairs opposite to the doctor in the consultation room. Jungkook offered her a smile before glancing at Taehyung.

"I... I took a pregnancy test today, early morning. But the results were confusing. The first one showed blank, then I received negative results twice, and positive results the other two times," Jungkook said, sounding uncertain. "What made you take a pregnancy test beforehand, though? Have you had any symptoms, such as headaches or spotting?" the doctor asked in a gentle yet probing manner. Jungkook shook his head, his eyes nervously moved to Taehyung.

"Did you skip your cycle?" she pressed on. Jungkook nodded, his voice barely above a whisper. "For a week," he admitted. "Was your cycle regular all these years?" the doctor continued her questioning. "No, it was irregular. Sometimes two or three days before or after." Jungkook responded. "Hmm. Okay. Let's take a blood test. Not every patient will exhibit symptoms," the physician concluded, making notes on her notepad.

"Here, let's take the blood test. After that, we can discuss further," she said, handing Taehyung the prescription. "Thank you, doctor," Taehyung expressed his gratitude as they exited the room, ready to proceed with the next steps.

Taehyung handed the slip to the laboratory technician as they waited to give a blood sample. "It's my bun's second syringe of the day," Taehyung joked, playfully squeezing Jungkook's powdered cheeks to form a pout. Jungkook quickly removed Taehyung's hand from his face and shot him a warning glare, mindful of the other patients waiting nearby. Taehyung grinned sheepishly, realizing his jest might have been a bit too much for the public setting, but does he care that? No.. Never.

"Kim Jungkook," the nurse called out, prompting Jungkook to move forward from where they were standing and follow her into the room, leaving Taehyung outside with his bag. Taehyung watched him leave before taking one of the empty seats in the waiting lounge.

Taehyung stood up as he saw Jungkook heading out of the room. "Did they drain a lot of your blood?" he asked, gently caressing the small band-aid stuck on Jungkook's arm. "You should buy me juice and a sandwich," Jungkook replied with a playful grin. "Okay, let's go and have it then. Anyway, the results will take a few minutes," Taehyung agreed, wrapping his arm around Jungkook's shoulder before opting to hold his hand instead with a nervous smile, and the two of them made their way to the cafeteria to await the results of the blood tests.

Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting in front of the doctor for the past few minutes as she was carefully checking the result. "Hmm," she murmured, her expression thoughtful as she folded the paper before meeting their eyes. "Unfortunately, it's a negative result," she confirmed, her tone sympathetic yet professional.

With a sigh, Jungkook looked at Taehyung and offered a gentle smile. Taehyung reached out, squeezing his hand in reassurance. "Doctor, can I... Can I ask a question?" Taehyung leaned forward, his expression serious. "Please, go ahead," the doctor replied, nodding in encouragement.

"We have been married for three years. Not three, it's about to be four in a few weeks, and we have been trying for a baby since then. Do... Do you think, Jungkook... I mean, does he have any health issues? I understand that the question may appear offensive because a baby is not created by Jungkook alone. I have got my fair part. But still.." Taehyung asked, his voice tinged with concern.