Chapter 43

"Ah.." With a painful expression, Jungkook twisted in his sleep. "Ahh. Tae." The pain became more severe as he turned to the other side and cupped his lower abdomen. Jungkook reached out to grab a water bottle from the bedside table, but he accidentally knocked it down. "Aaa." he let out another whimper. "Jungkook?" Taehyung awoke immediately and turned on the lights. "Aaaahh." Jungkook rolled on the bed, clutching his stomach. "What happened? "Is it hurting too much?" he inquired, looking at Jungkook in concern. "Ah.. T..tae.." He started wailing aloud. "What to do now? "Drink some water," he said, standing up from his bed and taking the water bottle from the floor, opening it and placing it in his lips. Jungkook took a few sips, barely. "Aaaaaa" He squeezed Taehyung's hand firmly and shook his head as the pain intensified. "Moooommmmmm.. MOOOOOOMMMMMM.." Taehyung yelled at the top of his voice. He grabbed his phone and rubbed Jungkook's stomach with one hand and dialled his mom. But before he could place the call, he heard a knock on the door. He immediately went and opened the door. "Jungkook?" his mom asked and went inside.

"It's.. It's hurting." Jungkook said, crying. Mrs Kim gazed at Jungkook in worry and caressing his forehead. "What happened?" Taehyung turned to see Jimin. "Ah, Jimina, bring me the hot water bag." Mrs Kim said. Jimin nodded and went outside right away. "Ah." "Do we need to take him to the doctor, Mom? Taehyung inquired. "No. It will pass after a few minutes." She said, rubbing his lower stomach.

Jimin returned a few minutes later with a hot water bag. Mrs. Kim took it and put it on his lower abdomen. "It will soothe," she said, stroking his brow. "Did he take medication?" Jimin asked Taehyung, who nodded with a concerned look. "Ah" "Mm. It's.. It's okay. Jimin. Mm." After giving Jimin a little wave to sit down near Jungkook, Mrs. Kim left for the Kitchen. What can we do to lessen this pain? It is unbearable to watch." Taehyung inquired, rubbing Jungkook's hand, which was tossing and withering in pain. Jimin smiled pitifully at him and lowered the hot water bag a little and slightly pressed it. "Aaah." Jungkook let out another sob when he felt a shooting pain on his abdomen. "Uf..uf." he exhaled through open lips.

"Can we remove this tees, Jungkook? You will feel relief." Jimin asked tucking his oversized hoodie. Nodding, Jungkook let out a gasp. Jimin took the hot water bag and kept it aside. "I.. I will help you." Taehyung lifted his upper body and took off his tees. Jimin quickly covered him with a duvet. "Give me some shawl or scarf," he requested. After carefully setting Jungkook on the bed, Taehyung went to the closet and came back holding a large shawl. Jimin pulled the duvet down and covered Jungkook's chest with a shawl. From beneath the duvet, he removed his pants. "Do you feel less discomfort now?" Taehyung inquired as Jimin lowered the duvet and left his stomach bare and placed the hot water bag above it. Jungkook wailed but nodded. "What happened?" Jimin and Taehyung turned to see Yoongi and Seojoon. Jimin immediately ensured that his shawl was securely fastened when he noticed others in the room. "He feels pain." Taehyung said. "Should we take him to the hospital?" Seojoon asked. "Mom is saying no." He informed. Yoongi came beside the bed side and checked Jungkook's vitals. He gently pressed his bare lower stomach. "Didn't he take the medicine?" he asked. Taehyung gave a nod. "Mm. It will pass. If it is becoming more intense. We can give a pain relief shot." He said. "Are you feeling anything else besides pain?" he asked Jungkook, who whimpered and shook his head.

"Here. Drink this. It will be soothing." Mrs Kim gave Jungkook some chamomile tea. Taehyung gently lifted him, and Jimin held the duvet correctly. She blew the tea and kept it on his lips. "Mm. Have it." she said. Jungkook had a sip. "Ah." "Is he okay?" They saw Mr Kim walking inside the room. "Yes." Mrs Kim assured. Jungkook drank a little more tea before gagging. "Grab that vessel or mug." Mrs Kim said. Jimin went straight to the restroom, grabbed a mug, and returned. Jungkook threw up everything. "I.. I ca..can't T..Tae." Jungkook gripped his hand tightly and whispered. "Aaaaahh" "I will go and get the needle." Yoongi excused himself and went to his room and Mrs Kim went to the washroom with the bowl. "Do we need to go to hospital? What is Yoongi saying?" Mr Kim asked. "It's alright. He said he would give him an injection to relieve the pain." Taehyung explained, rubbing his hand.

"What happened here?" They noticed Jennie in the room now. "Oh, is Jungkookie experiencing pain?" She inquired. Jimin simply nodded. "Will it be like a delivery pain?" She inquired with a worried expression. Jimin pressed his lips together tightly. "Ahh. T..Taee." Jungkook turned his face and snuggled it in Taehyung's stomach, who was sitting beside him. "What's the time now?" Mrs Kim asked, when she stepped out of the washroom. "Mm. 2.20Am." Seojoon said after checking his phone "Um. You should get some sleep, Jennie. Do not you know you require 9 hours of sleep? Go to sleep. We will handle it." Mrs. Kim said, wiping her wet hands on the towel, and sat next to Jungkook after serving him some tea. "Here, drink this." She gave him some tea. Jungkook whimpered and shook his head. "It is fine if you vomit," she said, as he took another sip. "Ah. It's painful to stand and watch. "My head is throbbing," she exclaimed dramatically. "That's why I said, go and sleep." Mrs Kim said. Jennie pouted and turned to leave but stopped in front of her husband. "Aren't you coming?" she asked. "I will come." he assured. Jennie looked at Seojoon before following his gaze to Jungkook. She peered at the bare collar bone, shoulder and arms of Jungkook because he was wrapped in a shawl from the chest, then at his bare stomach. She cocked her head and looked at her husband. She nodded and rolled her tongue inside her cheek, giving a glare. "Oh god. I am coming." Seojoon said as soon as he noticed Jennie was watching between him and Jungkook. "Tae. Call me if we need to go to the hospital." He said to Taehyung, who hummed. "Come," he shook his head angrily and walked out, trailing Jennie behind him. "I could see where you were looking." Jennie murmured and nudged his waist. "He is in pain and he is my brother. How can you have such immature thinking?" He inquired, disappointed, and went to their room.

When the eldest Kim left, they noticed the youngest Kim in the room. "What happened to hyung?" he asked his dad who was standing there. "Pain." he replied. "Is it intense, Jungkook hyung." He hurried over to the bed. In an attempt to numb the searing pain, Jungkook bit his lip and took Jimin's hand. "Hyung," Jungkook said to Jimin by pointing at the duvet. Jimin nodded, drawing it up over his head so that his stomach and chest were fully covered. "You okay?" Yeonjun asked again. "Mm." Taehyung nodded, caressing his forehead, but Yeonjun's gaze fixed on Jungkook's face itself.

When Yoongi arrived with the medication, he asked Yeonjun to move aside. He then removed Jungkook's hand from the duvet, rubbed the medicine into his biceps, and gave him an injection. Jungkook let out a hiss. "He will be alright." Yoongi said. "Um. Now, go and sleep Jimina. I will be here." Mrs Kim said to Jimin, who is sitting beside Jungkook. He looked at Yoongi. "Mm. Come. He will be okay." He reassured Jimin while holding his sho ulder. "Call me if something is up." Yoongi said, and they both left to their rooms. "Go to bed. I am sleeping here." Mrs Kim addressed Mr Kim, who came forward and caressed Jungkook's forehead. "Sleep. The pain will subside. "Good night," he said before leaving the room. "Go and sleep, Yeonie. You have class tomorrow." Mrs Kim said to her youngest son, who stood motionless and looked at Jungkook with concern. "I...," he said hesitantly, wiping his hands on either side of the pants. "Go to your room." she said. Yeonjun nodded, looked at Jungkook again, and returned to his room.

Taehyung went to close the door once everyone had left. "Do you want to change?" He asked Jungkook, who nodded. "I will get it," he said, grabbing a large napkin from the cabin. "Hold me," he said, taking Jungkook's hands in his and moving the duvet away from him. He helped him get to his feet. Mrs Kim immediately wrapped the shawl around him and guided him to the restroom.

"I will go by myself." Jungkook said to Taehyung. "Mm. But don't lock the door." he said and stood beside the door along with his mom. Mrs Kim gave a slight smile and caressed his head. "I am proud to raise a son like you, Tae." she said, fixing his hair.  "I am proud to see the best mother in law in you, mom." he replied and kissed her forehead.

Jungkook eventually limped out of the restroom, exhausted and droopy. "I feel like I am going to pass out anytime soon," he said while clutching Taehyung's bicep. "Sleep then." he said and walked him back to the bed. After laying him down in the middle, he took one side and Mrs. Kim took the other. "Would you like to keep the lights on?" inquired Taehyung. Jungkook shook his head. Taehyung turned off the light and covered him with a duvet and hugged him to his chest. Mrs Kim closed her eyes with a smile.

..to be continued..