Chapter 52

When Yoongi came to the room, it was already night. Taehyung was eating his dinner, Jungkook was serving Mrs. Kim's dinner, and Jimin was putting Soo to sleep. "Ah, hyung. Did you eat?" Jimin inquired when he saw Yoongi. Yoongi hummed and went to Mrs. Kim. "Yeon.. Yeonie is out of danger. The doctor said any two of us can see him. Dad has met him. I came here to bring Mom along," he said. "My Yeonie.. He.. He is safe. I know it. I trust that God will not treat us cruelly." Mrs. Kim leaped off the bed right away. At that, a lovely smile stretched across Jungkook's lips. He glanced over at Taehyung, who was grinning just as much. Taehyung gave him a nod while happy tears welled up in his eyes.

Yoongi led the way with Mrs. Kim, and others trailed behind. As soon as Mr Kim saw his wife, he ran to her and hugged her and whimpered. "O..our son. He is al..alright." Mr Kim said, kissing her forehead. "Go.. Go see him. Don't cry. Mm? Don't cry in front of him. He will be fine and healthy." Mr Kim assured her. Mrs Kim nodded and went inside the critical care unit. "Dad." Jungkook called Mr Kim. The doctor said that although he is still unconscious, he is okay and will wake up soon." Mr Kim said to others. "Go home, Jimina. He is fine. You see, Soo is overly worn out. I sent Jennie and Seojoon home. I.. I will stay with her. Don't worry. Jungkook may also leave, son." Mr Kim said. "That's right. Then, I will drop them off. Tae, go home if you need to. I will be here." Yoongi suggested. "No. I will return with you, hyung. Let us take them home. Taehyung said. "Mm. Then, we will come tomorrow." Jimin said. Mr Kim nodded. Once Mrs. Kim came back, they said good night to her and left for their homes.

They arrived at home in an hour. Jungkook headed straight to the room to gather Taehyung's necessities. "Do you need jeans to be packed?" Jungkook asked. "No. Give me my track pants. Let me change this." Taehyung informed. Jungkook handed over a new track suit. After getting dressed, Taehyung looked at Jungkook, who was seated on the bed. "Go and sleep with Jimin hyung. Don't stay here alone and blame yourself. Nothing is your fault." Taehyung said. Jungkook pouted. "I will be there in the morning," he declared. Giving him his bag, Jungkook nodded. "I have kept the charge in the first zipper." As they descended the stairs, Jungkook told him.

Taehyung noticed Yoongi had freshened up and was waiting for him. "Can we leave?" Yoongi asked. "Hyung went to leave Jennie nuna and mom at their home. From there, he will come directly to the hospital. Thus, you both shut the door and go to bed. Lee aunty is here and call us if you need something." Yoongi informed. Jimin and Jungkook nodded. "Come." Yoongi said to Taehyung, who nodded and squeezed Jungkook's biceps before leaving with Yoongi. "Hyung. I.. I am sleeping with you." As soon as Jungkook realized Jimin was ready to head back to his room, he said. "Yeah. Come." Jimin said. After shutting the main door and turning out the lights, Jungkook followed Jimin to his room.

Jungkook stroked Soo's cheeks, who was sleeping in the middle of the bed, as he took the other side. "I think this will remain as a nightmare for me. I won't be able to come out of it." Jungkook sighed.  "Oh, Jungkook. Nothing is your fault." Jimin objected. "I should have talked calmly. Its.. I don't know. Hyung, I cannot stand it when someone disparages Tae's feelings for me. Above all, even though I was unable to hold my baby, someone was calling him dead? I.. I will react like this. Despite what others may say, that memory is still quite painful. The loss of a child is still a nightmare in my life." Jungkook said. "Mm. It's not only for you, Jungkook. It's for everyone. Everything he did and said was wrong. Who would go to such lengths for something like that? I still cannot get over the fact." Jimin said. "Mm. I am in the regret prison because of what he did. Not just me, but Tae as well. I know, how much Take is holding back. If it is someone else, he.. He will not think twice about ending that person's life." Jungkook said with a pout. Jimin hummed. "I.. I should talk to him when he gets his consciousness back." Jungkook said. "Yes. You should." Jimin agreed.

"Why.. Why is he so involved in your life, Jungkook? Is it all because of Tae? Yoongi Hyung told me that Tae did not like him. Is that the reason?" Jimin asked after a while. Jungkook turned to face Jimin. "Oh. You didn't understand?" Quietly, Jungkook enquired. "What?" Jimin asked. "It's.. It's because of me." he murmured. "You?" Jimin was taken aback. "Mm. He.. He doesn't see me as Tae's husband. His hyung." Jungkook whispered, sweating profusely from nervousness. "Mm?" Jimin felt perplexed. "He.. He sees me as.. Mm.. oh god. How to tell that. Is he crushing on me? No, love? Infatuation? Or something else, with I.. I never want to voice out." Jungkook said. "WHAT???" Jimin was stunned beyond belief. He did not anticipate it.  "Wow." Jimin laughed, surprised at himself. "He sees you as his crush? This should be known by mom and dad. Tae.. Tae knows?" Jimin asked. Jungkook hummed. "Haha. Why is he still alive, I wonder." Jimin laughed. "Hyung. Please." Jungkook sulked. "Oh god. Everything is overwhelming. Yeonie truly infatuated with his brother-in-law? Whoa, that was an incredible drama. You should have said this early, Jungkook. What more did I overlook overall?" Jimin asked. Jungkook whined and turned to the other side. "Haha. Tae sparing him, though, surprised me." Jimin said. "It is only because they have kinship." Jungkook said. "So, there is nothing wrong with what you did, Jungkook." he agreed. Jungkook turned to face Jimin. He cast a worried glance at him. "Don't think too much. Sleep." he smiled. Jungkook hummed and wrapped blanket around him before closing his eyes.

~
When Taehyung got home in the morning, he found Aunt Lee and Jungkook working in the kitchen. Before stepping up to him, he left the bag and key on the couch.

Jungkook was so preoccupied with stirring something that he did not notice Taehyung, so he flinched horribly when Taehyung wrapped his hands around him. "Ah. Why did you arrive silently?" Jungkook complained, holding his chest. "Did I scare you?" he asked. "Of course yes. I was completely involved in this." Pointing to the sauce bowl, Jungkook spoke. "Japchae?" he asked. "Mm. Did you eat anything?" Jungkook asked, resuming his cooking. "No. Thought to eat from here." he sat on the kitchen counter. "How is he?" Offering him a juice can, Jungkook inquired. "Getting better." He replied. "I wish to see him." Jungkook said. "Mm. Let's go in the afternoon. Let me go take a shower first. Meanwhile, serve food. Hyungs may be starving as well." Taehyung left for their room after saying that.

After taking a chilly shower, Taehyung returned to the dining room to find everyone seated and eating dinner. When Jungkook noticed Taehyung, he served his food as well. "I don't think mom will come home." Yoongi said. "Yes. I will send dad home tonight and stay with Mom." Seojoon said. "Mm. Was he a le to talk? Did he tell the reason?" Jimin asked. "Stupidity. What else is the reason? What does he lack here? ah.. Perhaps some beating." Seojoon replied disappointed. "Do he have any love affair or something? Do you know something like that?" Yoongi asked. Jimin shook his head and gave Jungkook a nervous glance. Glancing at Taehyung, Jungkook swirled his spoon through the noodles. "He seems to be drinking a lot and then doing this stuff. I had no idea he was a drinker. Yoongi reasoned. "Mm. I will visit the college and find out. Before that let's check his room." Seojoon said. "I.. I will do that." Taehyung said immediately. Seojoon nodded.

Following their meal, Taehyung and Jungkook went to Yeonjun's room. Even though the room had been cleared of the mess, Jungkook still had shivers down his spine. Taehyung looked around the room before curling up in front of the cabin with the bedside tables. He went through every cabin in detail while Jungkook was fiddling with his closet.

"Tae." With a horrified tone, Jungkook called Taehyung. Turning around, Taehyung faced Jungkook, who had a storage box in his hand. "What's that?" he asked and went to Jungkook and took the box. "Tha.. That's mine." Jungkook shuttered, when Taehyung first took a hair pin. He carried the box to the bed after glancing at Jungkook's worried expression.

After they got comfortable in bed, Taehyung grabbed one sock out of the pile of things in the box. "I.. I thought I lost it." Jungkook whispered. He then left it on the bed and picked up a used tissue that was stained with lipstick. Jungkook's eyes filled with tears as he finds it is his. Taehyung felt like he was a ticking human bomb that was about to explode. Exhaling, he picked up a shabby paper glass that contained the log from Jennie's brother's wedding theme. "What are these all, Tae?" With a repulsed expression, Jungkook wiped his tears away and regarded everything.

Then he picked up a used spoon and tossed it on the bed before picking up a little notepad. Every page Taehyung turned revealed a caricature of Jungkook dressed like a cute little girl in baby pink outfits. Jungkook wrinkled his brow in exasperation and Taehyung, only he knew the extent of the volcano raging inside him. Without having much patience anymore, Taehyung dumped everything inside that box on the bed. Jungkook's eyes widened as he realized that everything he used and threw away was in that box, from a chocolate wrapper to a shaving razer, which they used to dump in the dustbin in their backyard. "HE IS SICK, TAE. MENTALLY SICK." Jungkook shouted when his gaze fell on the paper wrap containing a few strands of his hair. " YOUR BROTHER IS F.CKING OBSESSED AND ILL." Jungkook yelled and flung everything to the ground. "HE SEEMS QUIET BUT HE.. HE.. AHHHH.. HE IS PSYCHIC." Jungkook screamed at Taehyung, who was doing his best not to do anything that would turn their family into a fist of dust. He closed his eyes, then opened them with dilute orbs that glowed a terrifying red that said nothing but "death." 

to be continued

..to be continued..