Chapter 42

After six hours of sleep, Jungkook and Taehyung went downstairs to see the family. "Bun." "Mom and dad." Jungkook spoke up as soon as he saw his mother and father, as well as his hyung. "My baby." Mrs. Jeon hugged him tenderly. "Nami," he said, reaching out his hands to the little girl, who ran up and hugged him. "Are you okay?" Jin asked, caressing his cheecks. Jungkook nodded reassuringly.   "Do you have any medication to take?" His mom asked. Jungkook nodded and took a seat on the couch next to them. "When did the doctor say to come back?" Jin inquired. "After two weeks," he answered. "Mm." Mrs Jeon caressed his hand as fresh tears welled in her eyes. "Mom. "I am fine," he said, as he noticed his mother crying. He gave her a hug and rubbed her shoulder. "Can.. Can we go home? Will you come with me for a few days? She asked. Jungkook turned to face Taehyung right away. "Mom. I am fine, here. Don't stress too much." Jungkook said. "And home. Mm. Mom, I... I really need him right now. I will come. Perhaps after two weeks?" He said. Mrs Jeon nodded. "This.. These are some essential oils. Taehi knows how to use it. She will assist you in quickly regaining your health. Mrs Jeon said this as she handed him a bag. Jungkook took it and set it aside. After exchanging a few more words, the family sat down for dinner.

Jungkook gazed at Yeonjun, who took a seat opposite him. He immediately looked at his plate with an annoyance. "Do you want salad or meat?" Taehyung asked. "Meat." Jungkook replied, pointing at the hand kept a little further. Taehyung extended his hand to take it but before that Yeonjun served it on Jungkook's plate. Jungkook looked at the plate then at Yeonjun with a blank face. "Salad. I will eat salad." he said to Taehyung and placed the served plate aside. He served himself salad and started eating. Taehyung sighed and took the meat which was served for Jungkook and ate from giving a pathetic glare at his younger brother.

After a few minutes, Yoongi noticed Jungkook was only eating green salad.  "Jungkook, eat meat. It has less spice and is more tender. You will like it." He said and served some meat on his plate. Jungkook smiled gently as he took a piece and ate it. He chewed slowly before returning his gaze to someone's dark eyes.

Jungkook's family says their goodbyes and returns home after dinner. Jungkook was walking to his room, and Taehyung was downstairs with Seojoon, talking about something. When Jungkook noticed Yeonjun standing in the corridor, he turned his head to the other side. "What's your problem with me?" Jungkook paused his walk when he heard that question. "Mm?" He turned to face him, as he had already passed him. "Why can't you eat what I served?" he asked. Jungkook scoffs and shakes his head, looking up and down. "Go to sleep," he said, walking ahead. "I am asking you something. "Answer me," he demanded angrily. "Why should I answer you?" he questioned. "Why did you push back the food I served?" he asked. "I didn't want to eat that." he replied simply. "But you ate what Yoongi hyung served." he said. "Mm. I wanted to eat that." He said this before turning to leave. "What is unique about Yoongi hyung?" he inquired. "I am not in the mood for your childish remarks. Good night." he said and started walking but Yeonjun rushed to him and grabbed his hand. "Answer me, Jungkook." he said. "Jungkook? You called me Jungkook?" Jungkook inquired as he turned around to face him. "Leave my hand," he said, his gaze fixed on his grip. Yeonjun abruptly left him. "Listen Yeonjun. I am only accountable to your hyung. And this is why I turned down the plate you served." Jungkook replied, taking a few steps closer to him and looking directly into his eyes. "I am not Jungkook for you. I am hyung. Your brother in law. Your brother's husband. TAEHYUNG'S" Jungkook said the final line in a deeper tone. "And I can see the difference in your and their eyes. They spoil me a lot, but that does not mean I am a baby who cannot comprehend anything. So, whatever is on your mind. Put an end to it immediately. Tae.. He.. He won't be nice. And I will not bother holding him if he raises his hands at you." He spoke in a stern tone and walked ahead before stopping and returning. "This Jungkook is not an angel all the time." He smiled and ruffled his hair a little and walked to his room. Yeonjun stood there, watching the retreating figure. "I don't care. And Taehyung's? Ah. I really despise that name these days. "Why are you forcing me to hate my brother?" He scratched his head in frustration and went to his room.