Chapter 44

Jungkook let out a yawn and stretched his hands up. He tapped the side of the bed, looking for a certain someone, but he did not see them. He called out 'Tae' and sat up straight in bed. "Ah," he said, rubbing his lower back and holding the duvet against his body. He got up, grabbed a long t-shirt and some shorts, and headed to the bathroom.

When he came out of the restroom, he noticed Mrs Kim in the room. "Mom, Tae?" he inquired. "Ah. He went to the studio for some emergency." she informed. "Are you feeling better?" she asked. Jungkook nodded. "I will bring food." she said. "I will come downstairs, mom." Jungkook said and brushed his bop hair. "Mm." she went out and he checked his reflection on the mirror. He felt as though he had aged significantly in a single day, lost some weight, and his eyes were covered in fatigue. He applied his moisturizer and pinched both cheeks to add some color to his pale skin and went out after taking his phone.

Mrs Kim served him a meal. Jungkook sat at the dining table and called Taehyung. "How are you, now? I had an urgent shooting." Taehyung said as soon as the call was connected. "You should have called me." Jungkook replied while stirring his soup. "I could not bring myself to wake you up because you were sleeping soundly." Taehyung replied while checking some files. "Mm. I am eating. I felt so relieved." he said. "Stay at home. I will come soon. "Would you like me to buy you something?" he asked. "M..mm. No. Nothing is there to buy." Jungkook said. "Okay, then" Taehyung said. "Ah. Tae. Will you buy me two shorts? Loose one with ties?" he asked. "Ties?" he asked. "Mm. Not with elastic bands. Just rope." He said. Taehyung hummed and disconnected the call.

Jungkook headed to Jimin's room after finishing his meal. "Ah. I came early, but when I noticed you were sleeping, I returned." Jimin said, smiling. "Hm.. Is she sleeping?" Glancing into the cradle, Jungkook questioned. "Just now only, she slept." he informed. Jungkook laid on their bed and took the magazine that was on it. "You seem to be alive today," Jimin remarked. "The pain is somewhat relieved," he said. "Mm. "When did the doctor ask to come back?" he inquired. "Two weeks later." he said, pouting. Jimin gave him a small smile and stroked his head. "Third week. I am going home." Jimin said. "Home? To US? Why?" he asked. "To meet mom and dad." he said. "Oh. Then, when will you be back?" he enquired. "Mm. May be two weeks laters. Yoongi hung will not let me stay longer. I have already spent a year there." Jimin said. Humming, Jungkook shut his eyes, only to open them upon hearing Mrs. Kim's voice comes from the hallway.

"Jungkkkooookkk." She gave him another call, grinning at the family gathered in the living room. Jungkook and Jimin walked confused into the living room, only to find Jennie's family. "Oh, Jungkook." Her mother immediately approached him and hugged him tightly. He smiled lightly. "How are you, now?" she asked. "Better." he replied. "Mm. How could we not come here after hearing such news? I felt terrible." she said and sat on the couch, along with other. "What was the real cause? You didn't eat anything accidentally, right?" She asked. Jungkook gazed at Mrs Kim. "Mm. You have been anticipating this for a very long time. That's what makes me sad." she said, caressing his head. To calm himself, Jungkook closed his eyes. "Mom. Stop it." Jennie uttered a quiet phrase. "But do not worry, son. You can become pregnant again." She smiled. Mrs. Kim gave her a blank stare. "This is why I advise Jennie not to end her pregnancy. It is a blessing." She smiled and tucked her daughter's chin. "Jungkook is the luckiest one, Yeri. He has a wonderful and understanding husband, as well as a family that spoils him to the fullest. And I think that the two most fortunate things in life are mental peace and good health. He is getting those two in abundance here." she said and took the glass of juice from the tea-table and gave it to her. She took it and sipped a little with an eye roll. Jennie gave a death glare at her mother.

When the family finished their refreshments, they got up to go. "Is this the reason you came here?" Jennie asked her mom as she walked them to the door. "What?" she asked. "Do you not know how to control your tongue? Mom is furious and upset." She informed. "I did not say anything wrong for that." she stated. "Nothing wrong? What was that sentence 'you will get pregnant again and.. And why do you need to tell, I am stopping pregnancy? I am disappointed, mom. He lost a baby, even if it was in the fetal stage; a loss is a loss. With annoyance, she said and stood in the sit out. "Mm. Leave it. Take care of yourself and kids." she said before going from there.