Chapter 59

(The following scene is inevitable. Please take it as story. I don't have any grudges against anyone.)

It was as if everyone was staring blankly ahead, oblivious to the world around them. The operation theater door swung open, two nurses rushed through the corridor, a few doctors went inside, and a stretcher went inside. It is all taking place like a scene from a movie. "Yoongiya, what is happening?" Mrs Kim's whimpered voice pulled them out of the trance. Yoongi blinked his eyes and looked at Jimin. "Hyung." Jungkook whispered, tucking Yoongi's hand. "Let's pray." he said, tapping Jungkook's hand. "What do you mean by that?" he whispered and looked at Jimin, whose eyes were tearing more than usual. With concern, Jungkook looked away to Seojoon, who was in Taehyung's arms, looking as exhausted and heartbroken as ever. Two doctors rushed out of the theater again. "Its.. We are sorry. We are trying our hard. It's excessive bleeding and her blood pressure dropped severely. We are trying our best. Please.. Please pray." One of the doctors said. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT.. AHHHH" Seojoon immediately pushed Taehyung and grabbed his collar, shouting at him. "Hyung.. Hyung." Taehyung immediately wrapped his hands around Seojoon to pull him back. "Please do understand. There are things that are beyond our control. Let us put our trust in the Almighty." The doctor replied and dashed back to the operation room. "NOO..NOOO. LET'S TAKE HER TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL." Seojoon shouted, hitting Taehyung's chest wailing. Taehyung wrapped his hands around him and rubbed his back as his eyes overflowed with tears. "LET'S TAKE Her to another, please. God, no." Seojoon cried aloud and Mrs Kim who was sitting a few distance away ran to them.

"What? What did the doctor say? What?" She asked Taehyung, who shook his head. "What? I am asking you." She asked, grabbing Seojoon's shoulder who was laying on Taehyung's shoulder and wailing. "Mom." Yoongi immediately grabbed her and took her in his embrace without bothering to wipe his tears away.

"Hyung.. W..what.. i..is h..happening? Nu..nuna nuna will be fine, right? Ou..our baby." Jungkook shattered, reaching out to hold Jimin's hand by looking at everyone standing a few steps ahead of them. Jimin dabbed at his eyes, nodded, and then continued to chant the prayers he had been doing the whole time by gripping Jungkook's palm.

The next time, when the theater door opened, all Jungkook heard was screaming. An outcry. "Oh." Jimin collapsed onto the chair, clutching the armchair tightly as he began to sob uncontrollably. "H..h..hy..hyung?" Jungkook was startled, unable to process everything that's happening around him.

His gaze shifted from Jimin, who was wailing aloud to their mother, who had lost consciousness and was being carried away by Yoongi, and then to Seojoon, who was hitting his head on the floor and Taehyung holding him tightly while wailing. He then looked at Jennie's mother, who had been carried outside by her brothers, before settling on the small pink blanket that Jennie's father was holding.

Jungkook felt his head throbbing, his surroundings rotating, and his vision blurred. The last thing, he saw and heard was Seojoon's scream before he blanked out completely.

~
Jungkook opened his eyes gently and adjusted his vision before looking around and grasping the surroundings. "Jungkook." He looked at Jimin, who was sitting beside him by holding his hand. "H..hyu..hyung. Nu..nuna?" Jungkook shattered. Jimin wiped his eyes again and took a deep breath as new tears welled up. "It will ta..take another h..half an hour, after we c..can go home." Jimin said, pointing at the medication drip which was attached to Jungkook's hand. "Tae?" Jungkook whispered. "He is here. They are do..doing the a..arrangements to take N..n..nuna back.. back home." Jimin dropped his head on the bed and cupped Jungkook's hand and wailed loudly. "Why? Why it h..happened? Why.. Why god de..decided to be cruel? Why.. Why Nu..nuna decided to le..leave our babies with us? Ah? Didn't she have responsibility towards them? D..didn't she want to go on va..vacation with us?" Jungkook gazed up at the ceiling, his eyes watering from the weight of his emotions.