Chapter 73

Taehyung paused in the doorway of their bedroom after taking a long, relaxing shower, with a towel draped over his head. He couldn't help but smile at the rare sight before him: Jungkook sitting on their shared bed, intensely focusing on the laptop screen. The soft light from the laptop reflected off his glasses and the slight pout on his lips highlights his intense concentration.

Taehyung gently rubbed the bath towel on his hair as his take in the highlighted features of his husband

Taehyung gently rubbed the bath towel on his hair as his take in the highlighted features of his husband. "Aaahhh. He is just doing something on the laptop. Why are you getting excited for that, Taetae?" Taehyung groaned internally when he noticed how his m...mbr twisted slightly.

Taehyung kept the towel on the cloth stand before walking towards him. He leaned closer, his curiosity piqued by the intensity of Jungkook's focus. As he glanced at the screen, he recognized the layout of the website Jungkook was absorbed in.

"Ah. You haven't left that?" Taehyung asked, keeping his hands on either side of his hips and standing straight. "Mm. I.. I was just checking." Jungkook said, getting nervous under his gaze. "Jungkook." Taehyung called him with a firm voice. "I understand. I was just checking, Tae. I was just reading. Can't I read and be informative?" Jungkook asked, closing the tab he was reading. Taehyung shook his head with a small smile.

"See. That doctor.. Whatever he said I don't believe it." Taehyung said as he looked at Jungkook's face. Jungkook nodded absentmindedly. "Jungkook." Taehyung again called but was cut off by Jungkook. "Tae. I understand. I understand what you are saying. It's fine. I am completely fine. I am not compelling you for anything." Jungkook said looking at everywhere else in order to avoid Taehyung's eyes.

"Compel? Baby, you can tell whatever you want. Did I ever fail to fulfill it?" Taehyung asked as he sat on the edge of the bed. Jungkook shook his head. "We will have a ba...." But Taehyung was abruptly cut off by Jungkook once again.

"Let's not talk about that, Tae. I am fine. I am completely fine." Jungkook said, his voice hinted with vulnerability. Taehyung sighed as he looked around the room when he saw that fresh tears brimming in his husband's starry eyes. "Jungk.."

"I don't understand why people are not understanding my feelings. It's easy to judge and throw whatever opinion they have.. But.. But have they ever stepped on to my feet and think? Have they ever waited for years and become a mother and lost their baby? This doctor.. That doctor.. I have seen many.. Many means a lot. Only to hear the same line every time. You are fine.. You are healthy.. You don't have any problems.. But.. But.. Am I really fine? If I am fine, why is it me who is not having a baby? Ah? Didn't I.. I wish to carry our kids? Yours kids? This.. This.. Bogum itself, haven't we seen him many times? Do you think I don't have pain? All.. All I wish was a kid of our own. One.. Just one." Jungkook wiped his eyes with his one hand while his other hand clenched on the laptop.

"Yes, I believe that doctor because I was pregnant when we consulted him. I.. I am a very simple human, Tae. As you said, maybe it was not his medicine that gave us a baby, but for me, that hospital gave me hope. That hospital gave me our baby once, which none of the other doctors could. It is printed in me like that, Tae. Oh. What can I do? Why cannot anyone understand me? I know that nothing will change between us if I am pregnant or not, but Tae.. I.. I have confronted many questions in the name of this. No.. No-one will ask you. It's only me.. It's only me.." Jungkook said, wiping his eyes which are overflowing with tears. Taehyung's worried gaze darted between Jungkook's teary eyes and his pursed and shivering lips which have stretched into a soft smile.