Chapter 58

"What sort of cake are we baking?" As he surveyed the supermarket's fruit aisle, Jungkook inquired. "Straw" "Chocolate. Come. Every time, it's strawberry. Ah." Jungkook said, throwing his hands up in the air dramatically and walking forward. "Then why did you even ask?" Chapping his lips, Taehyung placed a pack of strawberries inside the basket before following his homie boss. Jungkook didn't reply to him, instead he generously stocked the basket with milk, eggs, premium chocolates, chocolate chips, and nuts.

As he made his way past the meat corner, a few packets of meat also dropped into the basket. "How come pork is required for baking?" Taehyung asked. "Who is going to bake?" Pausing in mid-step, Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung. "Obviously you." he said undoubtedly. "Cool. So you know it. And how will I charge my energy?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung raised his eyebrows. "This." he said, pointing at the pork packets before walking ahead. Taehyung shook his head and trailed behind him.

"That's it. Pay the bill and come." Jungkook informed, pointing towards the counter. "What? I didn't take my wallet." Taehyung replied. "Ah. Tae. No. I won't pay. I am saving." Jungkook huffed and puffed. "For what?" he asked as they both stood in the queue to pay the bill. "Our trip to Jimin hyung's home. I need to buy some stuff." Jungkook said. "What kind of?" he asked, pushing the trolley ahead. "Dresses? Cosmetics." Jungkook replied. "Chocolates and snacks. That's what you are going to spend on. Because, other things definitely, I will be the one paying. You never paid for anything other than your chips and M&Ms, Jungkook." Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Excuse me, are you now talking about budgeting for me? Anyways, It's your responsibility. Didn't you get a beautiful husband like me to take care of your all tantrum?" Jungkook asked, glaring at him. "Yes. My candy crush." Taehyung leaned forward to him with a smooching sound. "Ouch." But before he could touch Jungkook's cheeks, he was blocked by a chocolate packet. "Stop doing such things. We are in public." he said with a warning glare. "Ahhh. Here," he said, pouting, crumpling his face as he handed him his wallet. "See. How come you have your wallet now? You are lying a lot." Jungkook said and took his card and gave it to the staff. Taehyung rolled his eyes and took the shopping bags before walking straight to the car.

"Tae." Jungkook called him gently, once they both settled in the car. Taehyung hummed. "I want to drive again." Jungkook whispered. "Why? Are you fed up with driving me crazy?" he asked. "I am serious." he glared at him with a cute pout. "Mm. I will give you practice. Let's go to the ground for an hour daily in the evening." Taehyung smiled. Jungkook nodded and took a bar of chocolate from the shopping bag and started eating it.

~
After reaching Kim Mansion, Jungkook was settling the bags on the table when Jimin joined him. "What's special?" he asked, looking at the kitchen counter where all baking tools are scattered around. "Cake." he replied with a gentle smile. "Why?" Jimin was confused. "Nothing special. Tae said he wanted to eat cake." Jungkook smiled and started filling the ingredients in the bowl. "Oh, so I think I should stay away from this kitchen as well as home." Jimin teased. "Haha. No hyung. It's nothing like that." Jungkook whispered, feeling shy under his teasing gaze. "Mm. Mm. I know I know. Anyway, what did Yeonjun say?" he enquired. "Yeonjun. Don't ask about that." Jungkook narrated the whole event that took place in the kitchen.

"Mm. Do you think he is genuinely sorry?" Jimin asked. "Sorry or not. I am going to avoid his whole existence. Tae has only two brothers for me." he said. Jimin hummed. "Ah Jungkook, let's go to my home this weekend, mm. Yoongi hyung has a business meeting there." Jimin informed. Jungkook nodded. "Mm. Okay then, carry on. I will be in the room until you are done with ehm.. Baking." Jimin teased him when he saw Taehyung approaching them, wearing only a track pants.

"Jiminie hyung." Taehyung greeted him while he crossed his path. "Can't you wear something?" Jungkook asked when he hopped on to the kitchen counter. "Ain't I wearing anything." he asked in confusion. "I am talking about tees." Jungkook said, pointing at his bare chest. "No. I want you to have your hands and lips on me." he said with a wink and dipped his finger in the chocolate syrup and rubbed it on his chest. "See this." He called Jungkook and showed him his chest. "No. I am not going to do it. You are already overwhelmed." Jungkook shook his head and kept his whole concentration on baking. "I won't do anything, Jungkook. No, look you don't have to blow me or anything." Taehyung assured him. Jungkook lifted his head and looked at him doubtfully. Taehyung nodded again. "Hmm." Jungkook hesitated for a minute before approaching him and l.cked the chocolate stain from his chest after closely observing the surroundings.