Chapter 65

After their playful arguing, Taehyung and Jungkook ended up sitting far apart on the plane to New York. Taehyung got a seat by the left window, and Jungkook sat by the right window. Even though they were separated, they still managed to exchange glances and occasional glares. The only person who really felt the effect of their antics was Soo. Being the niece, she was stuck in the middle, getting lots of attention and cheek kisses from both her uncles during the whole flight.

Despite the occasional glares between Taehyung and Jungkook, Soo's laughter and joy filled the space around them, making the long trip to New York a lot more bearable and fun.

Taehyung could not help but roll his eyes upon seeing his lovely husband had gotten out of the plane without bothering to even grab his cabin luggage. "It's not solved yet?" Taehyung turned when he heard Yoongi. He shook his head and pulled the luggage along. "Oh, is that why my daughter's cheeks are red in color?" Yoongi asked. With a nervous grin, Taehyung gently scratched his neck. "If you wanted to kiss him, you should have kissed him directly." Yoongi chapped his lips and walked ahead, leaving Taehyung embarrassed.

As the family waved at Jimin's family waiting to welcome them at the airport, a warm exchange of smiles and greetings ensued. They extended heartfelt inquiries about the journey and shared a few whereabouts of their own adventures since they last met. With laughter filling the air, they led the way to the waiting cars, eager to embark on the journey home together.

"Woah." Jungkook's mouth hung opened when he saw the brunnet standing near a black BMW. "Hyung. Is that your hyung?" Jungkook whispered to Jimin, by carefully holding the baby stroller, with his eyes not leaving the handsome ahead. "Mm." Jimin hummed and rushed ahead to embrace his elder brother.

As Jungkook's eyes met Jimin's brother's gaze, he quickly averted his gaze, pretending to be focused on fixing a nonexistent stray hair, all the while trying to hide the subtle blush creeping up his cheeks. "Jungkook," Jimin's brother greeted warmly, his smile infectious as he extended his hand for a handshake. Jungkook hesitated for a moment, his hand hovering uncertainly in the air, before he finally mustered to reciprocate the gesture.

But before their hands could clasp together, Taehyung swooped in with his trademark boxy smile, grabbing Jimin's brother's hand in a firm shake. "Hey, Kan!" Taehyung's voice boomed, filled with genuine excitement. Jungkook huffed slightly at his husband's tactic interruption, but he managed to give a polite smile. "Hey, Tae," Jimin's brother replied, his smile never faltering as he pulled Taehyung into a tight hug, which was reciprocated with warmth.

"Come. Come. Let's talk at home." Jimin's brother invited them to the car. Jungkook nodded and was about to get inside the car, when he felt an elbow nudging his waist. "I have seen that fluttering and red hue. Make sure to prepare a two page explanation for that." Taehyung held the door open for Jungkook to settle inside the car before he, himself took the passenger seat besides Kan.

Jungkook wiped invisible sweats in his neck, when he felt that cold stare from the person sitting in the passenger seat.

As they reached Jimin's home, they met with rest of the family members. "Jungkook, right?" Jungkook looked at Taehyung in confusion when a lady in early 30s greeted him with a wide smile. "Kan's wife." Taehyung said as he gently placed his hand on Jungkook's waist. "Oh. Yes. Now I remember." Jungkook said and smiled. "We haven't met yet, right?" she asked. Jungkook nodded with a smile. "But you are always in our family talks." Jungkook raised his eyebrows in confusion after hearing that. "Jimin used to tell." She said. "Ah." Jungkook replied. "Mm. Go and take some rest. We will talk later." she said. Jungkook nodded and was about to grab his luggage but before that Kan took it. "I will carry it. Don't worry." Kan said. Jungkook squirmed a little nervously when he felt a dominant squeeze on his waist. "Tae." Jungkook whispered in his ears. Quickly trying to hide his possessiveness, Taehyung grinned at the entire family.