Chapter 75

Jungkook gaze roamed around the boys and their expensive bikes that were parked in front of the Kim Mansion. "They don't seem like his age, hyung." Jungkook whispered in Jimin's ear. "Yeah, they look a bit older," Jimin agreed quietly, his eyes scanning the group as he adjusted his smile to appear more welcoming.

As the boys approached, Mrs Kim stepped forward with a warm greeting. "Welcome, everyone! We're so glad you could join us today." Her voice carried a cheerful tone. The boys shuffled in, returning her greeting with a mixture of nods and mumbled thanks. They glanced around the spacious foyer of the Kim Mansion before it fell on the Jungkook standing beside Mrs Kim in a pretty white outfit. "Please, make yourselves at home," Mrs Kim encouraged, leading the way to the living room.

Jungkook shared a look with Jimin and forced a smile, hoping his initial judgment was just nerves and that the evening would go smoothly

Jungkook shared a look with Jimin and forced a smile, hoping his initial judgment was just nerves and that the evening would go smoothly. After all, making their guests feel welcome was paramount, even if their appearance hinted they were slightly out of place at the Kim Mansion.

"Sit.. Sit.. I am happy that Yeonie invited you all here. Are you all studying in the same class?" Mrs Kim asked with her bright smile, looking at the six to seven boys seated on the couch. "Ah. Aunty. We are studying in different classes. Actually we are his seniors." One of them said. "Oh. Yeonie making friends out of his comfort zone is something new. I am proud to see him changing. Mm. You all talk, let me go and get the drinks. Jungkook." Mrs Kim said and called Jungkook to help her to serve the guest.

Jungkook nodded in acknowledgment, stepping forward to assist his mother-in-law with the refreshments. And as he followed her into the kitchen, he couldn't shake off the nagging feeling of unease that had settled in the pit of his stomach. The sudden appearance of these older boys, coupled with Yeonie's uncharacteristic behavior, raised questions in Jungkook's mind.

As he helped Mrs Kim prepare the drinks, Jungkook stole a quick glance back at the group gathered in the living room. Their easy going behavior and the subtle tension in the air left him feeling even more unsettled. Yet, he pushed aside his doubts, focusing instead on the task at hand and the need to ensure their guests felt welcomed and comfortable in their home.

Meanwhile in the other part of the city, "Ahhhh.. Stop the car. Pole.. Poleeee. Poleeeeeee.. You will hit it." Mingyu screamed, tightening his hold on the handle of the car door, closing his eyes tightly. Taehyung chuckled, the adrenaline of the moment evident in his voice as he swiftly adjusted the steering, veering away from the pole just in time.

"Are.. Are you crazy? F...k, lower the speed." Mingyu said, glancing at the meter which was showing 170km/hr as spead. "Relax, Mingyu! It's all under control," Taehyung reassured, his grin audible in his tone. But Mingyu's grip on the door handle only tightened, his knuckles turning white as he peeked through one eye at the rapidly approaching truck. "Taehyung, for the love of all that's holy. Slow the f...k down!" he screamed, his voice tinged with panic watching a truck coming opposite to him.