Chapter 70

As everyone gathered around the living room, scrutinizing the array of white strips, Yoongi's suggestion hung in the air like a whisper of reason in the chaos.

"Oh. I think it's the fault of the kit. I prefer you to take a blood test, Jungkook," Yoongi suggested, his tone calm yet firm as he carefully examined each test kit.

"Like last time?" Jungkook inquired, his voice tinged with a hint of hope.

"Yes, like last time," Yoongi affirmed, his gaze lingering on the white strips, searching for any indication of clarity.

"And then come. Why are we wasting time?" Taehyung interjected, already heading towards the room to grab his wallet and keys. In agreement, Jungkook nodded. His mind was already racing with thoughts of what the blood test might show. Without a word, he followed Taehyung.

As soon as they stepped inside the room, Jungkook changed his outfit and started gathering his belongings. "We can go to City Hospital," Taehyung said, swiftly changing his shirt to a fresh one. "City Hospital? But aren't we consulting Dr. Kang in Care?" Jungkook paused in his bag-packing. "Oh please. I don't trust that round-eyed, bald coconut head. Didn't you see his smile? It is sickening," Taehyung responded, his disdain evident in his tone.

"Tae, he is a doctor. Address him with respect," Jungkook said with chapped lips. But Taehyung rolled his eyes without caring much about the doctor he dislikes the utmost and resumed brushing his hair with his hands. "Okay, At the very least, remember that he is the reason we have our angel," Jungkook reminded him, hoping to persuade Taehyung.

"He is not the reason. That was the right time for us," Taehyung said, refusing to give up. "Whatever it is, it is his medicine that helped us," Jungkook countered, standing firm in his belief. "Ah, Jungkook. Why are you being stubborn? Let's see that lady doctor in City Hospital. I liked her consultation," Taehyung said, trying to persuade Jungkook to agree with him. "I thought it was about my comfort," Jungkook whispered with a hint of disappointment in his voice as he sat on the edge of the bed.

Taehyung's gaze softened as he looked at Jungkook's face, noting the slight pout on his lips. With a resigned sigh, he grabbed the car keys. "Mm, whatever you say, come," Taehyung gave in as he has nothing more than Jungkook's comfort. "Now what?" Taehyung asked when he saw Jungkook still sitting on the bed with the same pouty lips. Jungkook tapped his pink lips with his fore finger and closed his eyes. "Are you baby?" Taehyung shook his head and went to him and pecked his lips. "Come." Jungkook jumped up, ready to leave by clutching the hospital card of Care in his hand. Taehyung chuckled and followed closely behind.

Taehyung let out an exasperated sigh, muttering under his breath, "Ahhh... I don't want to see that coconut..." But he quickly bit his tongue when he noticed Jungkook's double bunny stare. "Come," Jungkook urged, his voice firm as he stepped out of the car. Taehyung reluctantly did what Jungkook asked because he knew Jungkook was determined and not to be messed with.

"Dr. Kang," Jungkook addressed the receptionist, handing over the hospital card. She glanced at the card and then typed on her computer. "Is it a regular appointment?" she inquired, her fingers swiftly navigating the keys.

"No, actually, I doubt I'm pregnant. I want to confirm it," Jungkook explained. The receptionist nodded understandingly. "Oh, okay. Please take the blood test first then," she instructed, handing him the receipt.

Jungkook mumbled a quick thank you and turned to leave for the lab. Taehyung, however, intercepted the receipt from Jungkook's hand and scrutinized it closely. "How will she know the type of blood test you wanted?" he questioned.

"Ah, Tae. She might have been working here for a long time, or that might be the procedure," Jungkook reasoned, retrieving the receipt. "But didn't you see the tag? It's the receptionist," Taehyung pointed out, his expression skeptical.