Chapter 71

The silence in the room weighed heavily on Jungkook, almost like a physical presence that wrapped around him, stifling and suffocating. As he sat, the absence of sound became overpowering, each tick of the clock magnified in the still air. It felt as though the walls were closing in, the space around him tightening, making it hard for him to breathe. Restlessly, Jungkook shifted in his seat, trying to dispel the discomfort that clung to him like a second skin.

After what seems like eternity, the doctor's words cut through the air like thunder. "But don't worry. We have a solution for everything." He said with a warm smile. Jungkook looked up from his lap to the doctor's comforting smile.

"Solution?" he asked. "Yes. That is why we are here. That is what we meant by Care. Don't worry we are with you in every step of your dreams." he said with the same reassurance smile. Jungkook titled his head in confusion. "You can opt for other options." he said. Jungkook looked at the doctor again, not understanding what the doctor was saying. "We can go with Surrogacy." The doctor said. Jungkook felt like each syllable of the word piercing through his chest.

"Jungkook, if I stay a little longer here, you will find it difficult to control me. Are you coming or not?" Taehyung asked, his tone strained. "Please, Mr. Taehyung, listen to us. This is not how you think," the doctor tried to reassure him, maintaining calm in the heated moment.

"Surrogate mothers are impregnated through the use of IVF. You won't have any physical contact with the person. Above all, there will be a legal contract between the intended parents and their carrier before medical treatment begins." the doctor explained.

"Does that mean I... I won't be able to carry a child forever?" Jungkook's voice trembled slightly as he sought clarity on his own situation. The doctor nodded, his expression sympathetic yet firm. "But," Jungkook began, only to be immediately cut off by the doctor. "Don't you think it's a better option than adoption? The baby will get the genetics of both parents if you go with gestational surrogacy," the doctor explained earnestly.

"The procedure is really simple yet complicated. I will explain it. An embryo will be created using your partner's sperm and your eggs, and later it will be transferred to the surrogate, meaning the child will be genetically unrelated to the surrogate. The child born will be completely yours. And look, Jungkook," the doctor continued, addressing him directly with a pointed sincerity, "The doctors at other hospitals will tell you that everything is okay and that you can carry a child at some point in the future. But here, in Care, we are not sugarcoating anything. We tell the facts and give you the best solution, and the rest is up to you."

Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung, whose expression was one of concern mixed with frustration, boring holes into the doctor's head with his gaze.

"Don't you want to hold your own baby? Don't you wish to take care of them since the birth? How long are you going to stick to that hope of 'Someday'? Think about it thoroughly. And it's my guarantee that this is a hundred percent safe and sound," the doctor concluded, offering a guarantee meant to reassure but also to prompt a decision.

"And Taehyung," he added, acknowledging his frustration, "I can understand your outburst, which is why I haven't called the police yet. Mm. Take time and think about it. It's nothing of a big deal. Just think," the doctor finished, giving them space to consider their options amidst the emotional turmoil.

Jungkook's voice wavered as he spoke, his uncertainty palpable in the air. "I... I don't know. I need time to think," he admitted, his gaze shifting nervously between his trembling hands and the earnest face of the doctor before him.

But before he could gather his thoughts, Taehyung's firm voice cut through the silence. "There is nothing to think about. It's a no. Come," he insisted, reaching out to grasp Jungkook's hand with a determined gentleness. With a gentle tug, Taehyung urged Jungkook to his feet. With one last hesitant glance at the doctor, Jungkook allowed himself to be led away by Taehyung, their steps echoing in the quiet hallway of the hospital as they ventured into the unknown together.